Game Day Round 8 vs GWS @ Spotless

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol you still going on about it? All I did was point out that Grotto called a game over way to early last year.

Get a life mate. Clearly our starts are deplorable.

FFS you talk s**t. When did I ever say that? What a sad pathetic thing to remember too. Get a life yourself.

We've got 7 starters out now. 24 point loss to full strength GWS who are in beast mode? Meh. It's what most people would predict.
Hawks lost by a similar margin with less out.
The start was most frustrating. Thought Grigg, Crouch and even Lyons late worked into the game well. CEY is going to be a player but most impressive is Lever WOW the kid is something else should take the rest of the side for composure drills.

Hopefully freo win tonight, we get Smith, Sloane and Hendo back and we can knock them off.

Thought Jenkins was good our forward line gets it done given half a chance.

Four goal loss away from home with one on the bench and at least half a dozen first choice players out against a rapidly improving GWS with more first rounders on the park than we've had in 25 years isn't a disgrace, even if they put the cue in the rack at the end. Shame we're not the last team standing against them, but there's still Gold Coast.

Still, we absolutely must stop starting games so disgracefully badly. It's been a consistent issue, even against weaker teams. We might've had a chance today if we didn't cough up 34 points in the first ten minutes.

More injuries are fantastic, ensuring van Berlol and Wright aren't dropped.

Showed admirable fight in the last. Too many injuries to beat good sides.
We have been able to put game time into our younger and less experienced players which as been great. Griggs getting better as each game goes by, Lever and Kelly have been good. The Crows will be a better side in the long term because of this. It would be nice to win these games but we just had too much going against us.

The start was most frustrating. Thought Grigg, Crouch and even Lyons late worked into the game well. CEY is going to be a player but most impressive is Lever WOW the kid is something else should take the rest of the side for composure drills.

Hopefully freo win tonight, we get Smith, Sloane and Hendo back and we can knock them off.

Laird is walking around and looking like he might get up.for next week

Freo will pressure us so much our kicking efficiency may just go negative!!!!! Would take something ridiculous for us to win that one

'great for the competition' gave me a chuckle

a club in an area that doesnt care about football getting 9k to a home game after having some of the best youngsters in football handed to them in excess, as well as the ability to cherry pick the best youngsters from other clubs and to take players like griffen too.

yeah, that's great.

Have watched GWS the last three weeks and their running game is taking Port's style of the last two years to another level. Port's players are all small bodies who can run. GWS boys have big bodies and can run. Forget what Burgess is doing developing soccer player who play Aussie Rules (the game has gone past that), GWS have developed guys built like small Wide Receivers who can run just as quick. GWS also have three solid key forwards to take advantage of this fast movement.

Shiels is one of those types, just an impressive unit who could not only run through a brick wall but give any player the slip. The fact that they have 4 or 5 of these types is scary.

a club in an area that doesnt care about football getting 9k to a home game after having some of the best youngsters in football handed to them in excess, as well as the ability to cherry pick the best youngsters from other clubs and to take players like griffen too.

yeah, that's great.
There was a time when brisbane and sydney were like that. Afl is desperate for them to have success so they can grow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, that's great.

That was a legitimate trade. lol. Had to give up Boyd.

Yeah, they kicked 5 after Laird went down in relatively quick succession. Crows went to water.

It was a psychological blow seeing a guy who has been near BOG for us the last few weeks go down like that. We were rattled for that five minutes and they took full advantage.

End of the day we were not good enough today. The real killer was the quick movement they have. That coupled with big bodies meant we could not catch em, and when we did our tackles did not stick.

There was a time when brisbane and sydney were like that. Afl is desperate for them to have success so they can grow.

do we really think they will ever be a success? the wanderers came in and are getting 30-40k a game. people in the area just do not care

That was a legitimate trade. lol. Had to give up Boyd.

my mistake, but the point still stands. they have had so much given to them, it's hardly 'great for the competition.'

Laird is walking around and looking like he might get up.for next week

Is this a game we play to win or a game were we make sure that those with niggles are rested for the more likely winnable game the following week against the Blues?

do we really think they will ever be a success? the wanderers came in and are getting 30-40k a game. people in the area just do not care

my mistake, but the point still stands. they have had so much given to them, it's hardly 'great for the competition.'

I think 16 AFL clubs will be demanding the AFL crack down on their salary cap to make it the norm and hope natural attrition will even out the competition.

Are they? The capacity of their home ground is 21K so i don't think they're getting 30-40K each game ;)

Plus western Sydney has a lot of immigrants whose country of origin would have soccer as the national sport....

Are they? The capacity of their home ground is 21K so i don't think they're getting 30-40K each game ;)

Plus western Sydney has a lot of immigrants whose country of origin would have soccer as the national sport....

christ i'm having a shocker

still, double that of the gws.

that's my point (eventually in there somewhere). it's unlikely that they will ever even be able to match the wanderers. i don't have a problem with them being in, they're a great team to watch, but to declare it's good for the competition for this to have happened for not only 1, but 2 teams, is a bit rubbish.

Like I said. Brisbane and sydney were the same. Give the 5 years and they'll be just as big.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back