Review Round 9, 2014 - Box Hill Hawks v North Ballarat Roosters, 7 June 2014, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Loving the fact that Shem got into the goals. Sounding good, although I'm sure he's still a long way away.

Box hill twitter feed just told a punter that Gordon is rookie listed to Hawthorn. Umm, no.

Yeah I double-took at that. Jumped onto the Hawks website to confirm I wasn't going out of my mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game and based on my observations Shem had 9 kicks 5 handballs 9 marks and kicked 2 goals 3 behinds. In the first quarter he created/was involved in 2 goals with very good handballs which were recognized by his team mates. Shem played a solid game today and should gain a lot of confidence from the experience. Gordo finished with 9.1 and received a bad corkie when he and Shem collided going for a mark. Both players only had eyes for the ball so their commitment was first class. Woody was the top possession winner with 37 disposals and played a great game.

Procastinator35, I was wondering if you were at the game or just provided information from the Box Hill twitter feed?

I was at the game and based on my observations Shem had 9 kicks 5 handballs 9 marks and kicked 2 goals 3 behinds. In the first quarter he created/was involved in 2 goals with very good handballs which were recognized by his team mates. Shem played a solid game today and should gain a lot of confidence from the experience. Gordo finished with 9.1 and received a bad corkie when he and Shem collided going for a mark. Both players only had eyes for the ball so their commitment was first class. Woody was the top possession winner with 37 disposals and played a great game.

Procastinator35, I was wondering if you were at the game or just provided information from the Box Hill twitter feed?

houdinihuddo....I have cited throughout here that my sources came from the Box Hill twitter feed during the game!....Unfortunately they are not the most accurate of callers; as the details re Shem's game can attest to.....Though I find it quite difficult to understand how you can confuse a pasty white thighed McEvoy with a dark tanned-skinned Shem????.....Go figure:confused:

VFL website list the following as goal kickers and best players for Box Hill:

Goal Kickers: S. Grimley 3, P. Lawlor 2, J. Simpkin , W. Langford , D. Wanganeen
Best Players: S. Collins, W. Langford, J. Kelly, S. Iles, A. Woodward, J. Simpkin

So Langford did play, not rested after all ;)

VFL website list the following as goal kickers and best players for Box Hill:

Goal Kickers: S. Grimley 3, P. Lawlor 2, J. Simpkin , W. Langford , D. Wanganeen
Best Players: S. Collins, W. Langford, J. Kelly, S. Iles, A. Woodward, J. Simpkin

So Langford did play, not rested after all ;)

Hallahan did not play, though I'm unsure as to wether or not he was rested, sore or injured!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back