Opinion Round 9 Changes vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Duff lives to fight another day.

Emergencies are the same? Who flew?

I for one am happy about that. I don't think he's been anywhere near as bad as some have been saying on here.

Every week either Duff or Sutty has a quiet game stats wise, and whichever one it is gets castigated around this board.

I know the game has changed but there is still a case for having at least one of your back men shut down an opponent and sacrifice his own attacking game in the process. They can't all stream off down the ground to set up play.

Duff lives to fight another day.

Emergencies are the same? Who flew?

I for one am happy about that. I don't think he's been anywhere near as bad as some have been saying on here.

Every week either Duff or Sutty has a quiet game stats wise, and whichever one it is gets castigated around this board.

I know the game has changed but there is still a case for having at least one of your back men shut down an opponent and sacrifice his own attacking game in the process. They can't all stream off down the ground to set up play.

Griffin a smokey to come in for Sandilands? If Pav was in doubt surely Hannath would have been in the emergencies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh woops. Seems weird taking all 3 then unless there's a question mark over someone in the 22

Yeah usually only two. Maybe the app is telling porkies or maybe they just want extra cover. Peel will struggle a bit minus Crozier and Mzungu as Claremont have picked up a bit lately.

Edit: Actually with Crozier apparently not flying and DeBoer they'll probably be fine.

Last edited:
Mzungu Griffin & Crozier flew as emergencies

We sure all three flew over. That's fairly unusual (to bring all three), reckon that increases chances of a late change myself. Interesting that Griff has gotten the gig over Hannath too. Hannath has been named emergency a bit this year, if Pav was the one in doubt you'd doubly expect Jack as emergency. So as someone said above, maybe Sandi is the one who might sit out at the last minute.

Or it's all good and we're just bring three over for something differen thist time ... :cool:

I think the defense and forwardlines stack up quite evenly with each other, but you'll slaughter us in the midfield with 4 of our best 5 mids out (Crouch, Sloane, Douglas and Smith). Anyway, I enjoy watching Freo play and am looking forward to seeing them live on AO.

How many of you are travelling over for the game? It'll be a much better atmosphere than the 38k crowd for the Port game last year! If the rain holds off (which is pretty likely in Adelaide), it should get 48-50k.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back