Opinion Round 9 Changes vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it really strange all the time that not all 3 emergencies are required to fly. They are somehow useless then in case of an warm up injury or a slip over a suitcase. And different player should be available in that case depending on who is injured. . Same for emergencies being allowed to play minor league before a big game like that Collingwood player who played two games of footy on one day. So would not be a bad thing considering player welfare as well, so I wonder why the AFL themselves is not after this...

Is Laird really gonna play after 2 concussions this season?

Surely he won't play. The last one looked really bad as well. I don't know why clubs persist in naming these concussed players, as if they are giving them every chance up until game time. They should be ruled out for at least a week from the second they are knocked out.

I find it really strange all the time that not all 3 emergencies are required to fly. They are somehow useless then in case of an warm up injury or a slip over a suitcase. And different player should be available in that case depending on who is injured. . Same for emergencies being allowed to play minor league before a big game like that Collingwood player who played two games of footy on one day. So would not be a bad thing considering player welfare as well, so I wonder why the AFL themselves is not after this...

The small benefit of being able to cover any type of player after a freak suitcase accident wouldn't be worth the trade-off of three of your players missing out on match practice every week. Crozier would have barely played a game at any level with the amount of times he's been an emergency this year.

It would also disadvantage the non-Vic sides who travel more unless you banned all clubs from being allowed to play their emergencies in the B's, which I doubt the AFLPA would really consider in the best interests of player welfare - that's 54 fit and healthy players who aren't allowed to play every week.

Cheers - surprised if they didn't take two emergencies to an away game though!

Not that uncommon to take only the 1 from my recollection of things. Usually means that the match committee are very confident there will be no changes. 2 happens a bit and sometimes means there's a chance of a change but often it's used to get young up and coming player rewarded with a trip and exposure to the travel routine etc. Except for finals, 3 is very rare and almost certainly means 1 or 2 are in some doubt.

Jon Griffin is from Adelaide. Ross often gives guys the opportunity to be a travelling emergency to see their family

He's actually not, he just played there for a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's because the players that don't play miss out on playing in the WAFL.

So champions data says Hill is running cold, lowest in awhile!

Time to drop him :p

After winning the Round 8 Goal Of The Year! Will T-Train Tommy Sheridan be sub? Or will Sub-an? Perhaps a surprise is in the mix

After winning the Round 8 Goal Of The Year! Will T-Train Tommy Sheridan be sub? Or will Sub-an? Perhaps a surprise is in the mix

Would be surprised to see Tommy Gun get it, same applies to Suban.

Sutty or Duff would be my tip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back