AFL Autopsy Round 9: Essendon defeated by 13pts against Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

That 50 cost us the game?

Jesus.

I would've thought the four shots out on the full or the five or six set shots that were gimmes that were inexplicably missed, all of which we had control of, was much more of a factor.

Blaming the umpires for that results is weak, pathetic and almost an apologist response to what was a s**t performance from the team.
The difference was a couple goals. The umpires were poor tonight. If you think they had a terrific night then good luck to you.

You can save all of your childish name calling as well. If you disagree with me that's fine, but discuss it like an adult. Nowhere did I say that inaccurate kicking wasn't costly - maybe try reading next time.

There is a very simple problem at present.

Colyer aside, there is no one I am confident in of being able to give us some line breaking run.

Secondly, for the love of ******* *, hit a damned target going forward. I'm so, so sick of those stupid dinky kicks out to no one in particular. It was particularly hideous in the last quarter.

Insipid overall; we are nowhere near it. And for the love of God, Carlisle, learn to ******* convert your set shots.

Lose to Geelong next week and we can forget about finals.

Pathetic effort in a big game let alone Fletch's 400th. No passion, no heart is there any chance of a forward playing in front at any stage ?. I don't know why it upsets me as much as it does because it sure doesn't mean much to most of the players. Just simply pathetic !!!

Pathetic effort in a big game let alone Fletch's 400th. No passion, no heart is there any chance of a forward playing in front at any stage ?. I don't know why it upsets me as much as it does because it sure doesn't mean much to most of the players. Just simply pathetic !!!

The thing that stood out tonight was one bit of play the Ch7 camera was behind the ball carrier looking inside 50 and what appeared to be Carlisle (or Joe) standing there with what appeared to be an abundance of space to lead into on the skinny side but failed to do so.

The difference was a couple goals. The umpires were poor tonight. If you think they had a terrific night then good luck to you.

You can save all of your childish name calling as well. If you disagree with me that's fine, but discuss it like an adult. Nowhere did I say that inaccurate kicking wasn't costly - maybe try reading next time.

I never said they had a good night, they didn't cost us the game at all though as you said here.

Difference due to poor umpiring. Thanks campaigners

Also, take your own advice, blaming the umpires is as childish as it comes after that. The difference? Please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually envy Carlton fans right now. At least they've realised they're s**t and are ready to rebuild.

How many more wasted years and picks until we stop kidding ourselves and do the same???

First of all, that was such a s**t game. So boring.

Second of all, we are s**t. We really haven't done much after beating Hawthorn, which proved to be nothing special.

Rest of our wins were against bottom 4 teams. Carlton, St Kilda and Brisbane.

Our losses to Collingwood, North and Richmond suggests to us that we are a below average team. If we were serious, we'd be at least 2-1 against those teams, let alone 0-3.

TJplY9b.gif

Well Mediocre ...again

Actually envy Carlton fans right now. At least they've realised they're s**t and are ready to rebuild.

How many more wasted years and picks until we stop kidding ourselves and do the same???
We never really bottomed out since 2006 (aside from 2010 where we won 7 games). We've just been consistently below average, apart from early 2012 and 2013 where you could say we were a good 4-6 team.

We've spoken at length about liabilities but it's not the bottom rung guys who are letting us down. The Jackson Merretts, the Paddy Ambrose or the Martin Gleesons it's in fact the guys at the top of the tree.

We can't be content with Jobe gathering 20 possessions a week, Chapman getting 15 and a goal or a Stanton gathering a largely uneventful mid 20's game. These are the guys who are letting us down.

Our role players are doing there jobs to an extent. Howlett, Zach, Bags. Sure the guys mentioned near the top could do more but if the usual output of our top players was more then our bottom tier wouldn't be relied upon so much.

If I'm to go early here but for next week;

Out: Dempsey (omitted), Jobe (rested), Ambrose (omitted)
In: Browne, Kavanagh, McKernan

Know Jobe won't ever be rested but his output is terribly below par at the moment

Believe me it's not THAT bad. Kick goals from inside 50 we win.

Nothing went right for us and we only lost by 13.

Tough decision time, we aren't near it. Lets not waste a talented backline and start bringing in some young talent. Wave bye to Chappy, Cooney, Stanton, give Langford, Browne, Fantasia, Edwards some minutes. What's the worst that could happen, we have some embarrassing losses? We are already there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back