Oppo Camp Round 9 - Non - Collingwood Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody time difference, I was at work so I missed out.

Carlton have to stop playing Friday night games, it's annoying missing their games.

Watching the replay and drinking some Spanish beer (as good as Carlton but it's worth it) and enjoying it.

Hoping Richmond and Essendon have a draw and we beat Norff and it will be a great weekend.

Okay, whatever. Agree to disagree. No point in making a mountain out of a molehill.

Overall I thought they played a better brand last night, although I'm tempted to side with Bard here because I desperately want them to continue being sh1te. I thought Cripps and Buckley showed some spark and they moved the ball a lot better without the confusion off the Malthouse method. I hate to say it but there was a pulse. My main hope is that this was just a little post Mick honeymoon. Bards point about playing a side with few outside runners is pertinent. I think Sydney in close last night suited their new style. Plus Parker, Kennedy and a few others seemed to be taking a night off. But realistically, take out Buddy's big show and it was almost a line ball game. Hopefully after this they can go back to being dreadful, slow, meek and indecisive. That's the Carlton I've grown to know and love.

I don't mind Dustin Fletcher and I would like to congratulate him on his 400 games tonight.
It would be interesting to know how many games he has missed games due to suspension as I think on a number of occasions he has been very unlucky.
Patrick Keane tweeted the other day that he's played 399 of a possible 516 games since his debut :eek:

So he's actually missed over a hundred to suspension/injury/form.

Patrick Keane tweeted the other day that he's played 399 of a possible 516 games since his debut :eek:

So he's actually missed over a hundred to suspension/injury/form.

Maggie5

Was something like 118 missed, 20 from suspension and the rest presumably from injury as I don't think he's ever been dropped on form.

Funny how many people say they are not interested in coaching Carlton [sadly, Voss has ruled himself out now].

I so wanted it to be Crazy Vossy. He just seems the natural fit for Carlton. Would be awesome if he was available and campaigning for himself. You get the feeling the cheats are finally coming to the slow dawning realisation that football teams are built slowly and methodically over time through patience and years of solid decision making, not in one season of high stakes poker. But if Vossy was there in front of them you wonder whether they could resist going for the sugar fix again. Then we could watch the high stakes poker game again at this years free agency. A thrilling ride, destined to become a train wreck.

Spewing....I was hoping they'd get Voss. And while their list is in amazingly bad shape, I reckon their best 22 is not quite as diabolical.... They may yet f-up their quest for pick 1.

I don't mind Dustin Fletcher and I would like to congratulate him on his 400 games tonight.
It would be interesting to know how many games he has missed games due to suspension as I think on a number of occasions he has been very unlucky.
More interesting to know how many games he didn't miss because he was on the juice for a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They do, don't they.
Beat St Kilda by 9 points, lost to WC by 15 goals, beat Carlton (like every other team) and now getting towelled by the Dogs.

The Bulldogs struggle outside of Etihad too... Although there have been a few exceptions to that this year. A big issue for both clubs nonetheless.

The Bulldogs struggle outside of Etihad too... Although there have been a few exceptions to that this year. A big issue for both clubs nonetheless.

We Play Dogs at Docklands and we will lose. Dogs Play Well There and we play Crap there

Gee GWS really struggle outside of Sydney.
They just believed their own hype. It seems to be that every week someone else is nominated to fill that last spot in the top four.

If Richmond win tonight, they'll probably receive the hype.

Jeez the Dreamtime clash is an average game of football so far.

400 gamer Fletch provides a highlight thrashing McBean in a one on one, but a lot of slow chipping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back