Autopsy Round 9: Richmond V Essendon @ MCG - Changes for Fremantle

Vote for your top 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

WOW!

What a day so emotional and so happy at the same time.
1. Wife gives birth to a beautiful healthy baby boy. Our first child.
2. Richmond get up for a cracking win just makes the day even more better.

The only dampener... My boy falling asleep at the beginning of the 4th. Poor form.

Congratulations to you and Mrs C Roll on the birth of Young Niko and we welcome a new cub into the Tiger Family.

Being a dad is the best job in the world, enjoy the experience and hopefully you can both share some great Richmond memories

Good win tonight, went to the game and left thoroughly satisfied. A few thoughts:
  • Cotchin showing Jobe how to be a good captain. Seriously Jab, give Cotch his 2012 Brownlow. ;)
  • J. Carlisle easily the best player for us tonight. His efforts really helped get us over the line. :p
  • Encouraging signs seeing KMac, Menadue, C.Ellis and McBean getting more experience.
  • Ugly but professional win - kept them at arm's length most of the night. Our defence deserves a lot of credit, kept Port to a low score last week and did the same tonight. That same intensity and effort across the ground was definitely missing earlier on.
  • Brandon and Titch, those 2 are really pushing into our 'star' category IMO.
  • Just a bit under 84k at the game, Tigers easily outnumbering Bomber fans.
P.S
  • First time we've beaten Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon all in the same season - kings of the big 4. :D
r0_26_594_360_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

collingwood-must-win_1lindfa6hf77bzpx4tioxybsv.jpg

475238428-the-bombers-look-dejected-after-losing-the-gettyimages.jpg
That's the triple crown boys, get around us

In fairness to our VFL team if you put Foley, Petterd, Lambert, Newman, Conca and Mcbean back into that side, they win more games than not.
Did I miss anyone?
Conca is most likely best 22 who comes out?

**** the Herald sun we had kicked 5.6
It's like they didn't see how Essendons master coach was comprehensively beaten and couldn't get close to getting past our zones and it was us who had them rushing everytime they had the ball.
We were clearly the better team on the night and before the night for that matter.

LOL Dons, you guys are stuffed. Will be the next carlton in 24 months when all your aging campaigners leave.
All will be gone in the next 2 seasons :)

Chappy - Gone
fletch - Gone
Watson - Gone
Goddard - Gone
Cooney - Gone
Stanton - Gone

Plus 31 other players will be gone too.

There were punch ups everywhere, 3rd qtr in my area some Essendon flogs got carted out after an almighty punch on, flogs put themselves in the middle of 50 tiger fans, it was always going to happen.

Last year on the Gippsland Tigers supporter bus we had an Essendon supporter on it. He nearly got ejected off the bus around pakky. Rude, obnoxious, trying to get naked and walk down the bus (and keep in mind, there's teenage girls on it). I told them, he goes on it again, i don't go. He went on the bus last night, i watched it with a mate. It wouldn't of ended well if i had of gone on the bus last night.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Loved the win.

- control of the ball in the last 5-10 minutes was great
- X-factor moments in the game from Dusty, Cellis
- Maric has the heart of a lion
- Batch and Vlas are tough as
- Grimes spoils
- Kmac gave his all and is a running beast

- Would have given the award to Sheds myself, I also thought Dusty and Lids could have got it. However, Brando's running was pure courage. Rarely seen work rate that strong.

We can take Freo down!

We play well at Subi. And the tears and melting on the Essendon board has been delicious.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edwards best is easily as good as Cyril, so why does the general public and media ignore him?

I agree Edwards has really shown something this year in many of the games. I am loving what he is doing.
I think you have your answer when you say "Edwards best" is as good as Cyril. When he is as good as Cyril you will simply say that. Edwards on the way but Cyril has been more consistent so far career wise

Yea haha it is LOL. A third milestone game in a row, what are the odds?

Well, let's see. There are 22 players in a team - they each get a milestone game every 50 games. So the chance of a player having a milestone game in a particular match is 1/50. 22 players - chance of at least one having a milestone game in a particular match - about 1/3.

So for 3 straight games - about 1/25. however, there are 20 'runs' of 3 games in a H&A season, so - multiply, allow for multiple occurrences, divide by Grandma's birthday - In any season, the chance of NOT facing 3 straight milestone games is about 0.38%. So chances are - you'll get one.

Another solid win built on the back of a selfless team display. IMO there was no real standout last night rather everyone performed their roles from guys like Deledio B.Ellis Cotchin & Maric down to Menadue McBean McIntosh & even C.Ellis. That is the measure of a side that is finding that consistent level of performance and effort that takes them from a top 8 contender to a genuine flag contender. Not saying that we're at that level just yet, but we're definitely heading in the right direction.

I am interested in the opinions last night in the game thread and even in here about Chaplin Morris and Hunt being carried. Not sure how many of those making those comments were at the game and how many were watching on tv. All 3 of them performed well last night. Sure there were some occasions that they looked poor, then again there were times last night where our guns looked poor, that happens in a game. Chaplin had the back line organised last night and able to cover whatever Essendon threw at us. Hunt provided another hard running option through the middle and wasn't afraid to put his head over the ball when required and Morris' pressure down forward accounted for at least half a dozen direct turnovers that resulted in goals for us. Granted all 3 still have areas they can improve on but the suggestion that we're carrying them is wrong.

Finally how impressive was my boy Menadue. His running ability, both gut running and sprinting were important last night as was his willingness at 70kg to put himself into packs and fight to win possession. It is the enthusiasm of guys like him McBean McIntosh & C.Ellis that has helped turn things around IMO. These guys don't have the mental scars of folding under pressure. They just continue to go about their business and IMO it helps the other players to continue to dig in when things aren't going our way.

As for next week, I'd go in unchanged. Fremantle undefeated so far presents the ultimate challenge at this stage to how far we've come as a group. Put in a performance like we have the last 3 weeks and we'll be right in the hunt. Have our customary let down after 3 weeks of solid footy and Fremantle will blow us apart. Either way it will be a great experience for the young kids in the group.

Wonder how Menadue and C.Ellis pull up, will be interesting to see whether they both play, going to subi with a 6 day break. (yes we have the bye after that)

The obvious change if Vickery gets up will be to replace McBean, but would it be mad not to play Shaun Hampson? Against Sandilands, could give Maric a chop out, don't want Ivan to burn out?

Another solid win built on the back of a selfless team display. IMO there was no real standout last night rather everyone performed their roles from guys like Deledio B.Ellis Cotchin & Maric down to Menadue McBean McIntosh & even C.Ellis. That is the measure of a side that is finding that consistent level of performance and effort that takes them from a top 8 contender to a genuine flag contender. Not saying that we're at that level just yet, but we're definitely heading in the right direction.

I am interested in the opinions last night in the game thread and even in here about Chaplin Morris and Hunt being carried. Not sure how many of those making those comments were at the game and how many were watching on tv. All 3 of them performed well last night. Sure there were some occasions that they looked poor, then again there were times last night where our guns looked poor, that happens in a game. Chaplin had the back line organised last night and able to cover whatever Essendon threw at us. Hunt provided another hard running option through the middle and wasn't afraid to put his head over the ball when required and Morris' pressure down forward accounted for at least half a dozen direct turnovers that resulted in goals for us. Granted all 3 still have areas they can improve on but the suggestion that we're carrying them is wrong.

Finally how impressive was my boy Menadue. His running ability, both gut running and sprinting were important last night as was his willingness at 70kg to put himself into packs and fight to win possession. It is the enthusiasm of guys like him McBean McIntosh & C.Ellis that has helped turn things around IMO. These guys don't have the mental scars of folding under pressure. They just continue to go about their business and IMO it helps the other players to continue to dig in when things aren't going our way.

As for next week, I'd go in unchanged. Fremantle undefeated so far presents the ultimate challenge at this stage to how far we've come as a group. Put in a performance like we have the last 3 weeks and we'll be right in the hunt. Have our customary let down after 3 weeks of solid footy and Fremantle will blow us apart. Either way it will be a great experience for the young kids in the group.
Great post.:thumbsu:

Wonder how Menadue and C.Ellis pull up, will be interesting to see whether they both play, going to subi with a 6 day break. (yes we have the bye after that)

The obvious change if Vickery gets up will be to replace McBean, but would it be mad not to play Shaun Hampson? Against Sandilands, could give Maric a chop out, don't want Ivan to burn out?
As the doggies showed, do you really need to beat sandilands in the ruck? Honestly reckon we can just try and rove off of his taps. Around the ground griff/Maric/Ty (if fit) will cover him easy

Back