Preview Round 9: Richmond v Essendon Saturday 30 May 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
my wife is a bombers supporter and I'm thinking of divorcing her over it .
So is mine, she knows I hate essendrugs, she once said to me " I think the bombers are playing well " or words to that effect and I replied " How the * would you know, you never watch them, in fact I watch the bombers more than you and I never watch them " lets just say that bedroom activitys were off the menu for that night.

A lot of excuses? Actually 1 excuse if you read my post, Einstein.

Forward pocket is notoriously considered the most difficult position on the ground to impact a match. Playing forward pocket is even more difficult when the team isn't winning and to be honest our inside 50's entries have been average for 12 months. Whenever we lose he seems the bloke getting dropped. He's a natural goalkicker in a team with a badly functioning forward line. Apart from Jack, I have zero confidence when the ball goes inside 50.

I'll make sure not to discuss individual players from now on at risk of being labelled a 'mate'. .

Forward pocket the most difficult? Baffling, truly baffling.

As for Lloyd, well watch the replays and watch him not chase and harass his opponent. He is an ordinary footballer that just wants to run or jog one way.

You have zero confidence in our forwards other than Jack but you do in Lloyd? Wow!

Forward pocket the most difficult? Baffling, truly baffling.

As for Lloyd, well watch the replays and watch him not chase and harass his opponent. He is an ordinary footballer that just wants to run or jog one way.

You have zero confidence in our forwards other than Jack but you do in Lloyd? Wow!
It was certainly the most difficult position on the field when we were moving the football at snail's pace into a congested forward line for the first 6 weeks.

It was certainly the most difficult position on the field when we were moving the football at snail's pace into a congested forward line for the first 6 weeks.

You could argue that any position is hard when we move it that slowly. I suspect that when we were getting pantsed the backline were under a fir bit of pressure and had harder roles.

One of the many reasons that the ball was in the opposition fwd lines so often was the lack of defensive pressure from our forward line. 2 of the worst offenders were Lloyd and Gordon. Probably one of the reasons why they're both back playing VFL where they belong.

The fact that they say they don't know what they were injecting them in the court of law is enough in anyones language to be proven guilty. Btw that court will be called WADA.
Also don't forget Our west coast recruit was never positively tested but was found guilty. Anyway the sooner this finishes the better for the game.

Umm, the court will be the Court of Arbitration for Sport or CAS.... but.... I'm not saying I think they are innocent but until they are found guilty they aren't unfortunately...

This was my point to the ridiculous comments add Morris
It would take him 6 games to achieve 30 possies and more based on meterage gained.
Matty is still the highest ranked midfielder that has an impact with his possies.
Now for the lat time its not always quantity ,but quality.Guys like Matty will burn you often enough if they get the footy in their hands

That was always his problem..... and I'm afraid it always will be.... he just doesn't get it enough... and even less against the flow of the game....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free kicks, dropped marks and fumbles under no pressure are recorded as clangers so I don't see how it's a good measure of kicking ability.

Cooney either kicks a goal or sets up a goal with ~20% of his disposals.
Yeah this. Some players kick the ball backwards 15 metres all day and have 90 percent disposal efficiency.
Cooney tries to hit the hard targets, the kicks that have benefit to the team, but of course, with trying to hit these targets the risk of completing a clanger is much higher than a short kick to an open player.

Stats are the most overrated thing about football.

Last edited:
18.75%.

Jack Riewoldt's number is 27.68%.

Goal assists is a bullshit stat (Kane Mitchell is No.1, FFS). Score involvements is a much better indicator.
Kick one pass that's marked inside 50 for a goal, you never touch the ball again, 100% of your disposals set up a score

Can't use percents, gotta use totals

Kick one pass that's marked inside 50 for a goal, you never touch the ball again, 100% of your disposals set up a score

Can't use percents, gotta use totals

% of Cooneys salary wasted on an old broken down player?

Does anyone have a spare ticket they can't use that I can buy? Just need it to gain entry. I have a seat for a friend with us just need a ticket to get in. One friend can't come so his membership seat is free but he lives two hours away so the other friend doesn't want to go all that way to pick up the membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back