Round 9 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Not many standouts. Think Brayshaw is in contention with 21 touches and 8 tackles.
Dan Robinson a chance with 15 and a goal.
Big one for tomorrow is Duggan.

Not many standouts. Think Brayshaw is in contention with 21 touches and 8 tackles.
Dan Robinson a chance with 15 and a goal.
Big one for tomorrow is Duggan.

Unfortunately Hogan may have to wait another week for a nomination.
Although 16 disposals, 8 marks and 2 goals might be enough if the field is tight this week and past form is factored in.

No dominant players so far this round.......

707793_thumb.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage a 25 or so possession game from Duggan at decent efficiency should get the nomination.

Hard to believe Hogan hasn't been nominated. Is this a better year for Rising Stars than normal or just a coincidence?

It feels like this had been a weirdly strong year for rising stars - plenty of 18/19 year olds stepping up and playing really well but no clear-cut leader for the award at this stage. You would certainly think Hogan would have been nominated in any other year.

I didn't see Lever's game, but it must have been a fantastic 17 possession, 5 mark, no tackle, no goal game.

Unfortunately for Hogan, he has 16 possessions, 8 marks (2 contested) and 2 goals, but it's just standard fare for him in a losing side with limited opportunities.

Of course he should get it, but he's already judged differently to normal footballers. It was just average for him.

He'll win the overall award whether he gets nominated this week, next, or some other discretionary time.

I didn't see Lever's game, but it must have been a fantastic 17 possession, 5 mark, no tackle, no goal game.

Unfortunately for Hogan, he has 16 possessions, 8 marks (2 contested) and 2 goals, but it's just standard fare for him in a losing side with limited opportunities.

Of course he should get it, but he's already judged differently to normal footballers. It was just average for him.

He'll win the overall award whether he gets nominated this week, next, or some other discretionary time.

Lever was very good at stopping Freo's forward thrusts all night.

Cripps will give the RS a fair shake.

I didn't see Levers game but Hogan was clearly better

A KPD that doesn't score goals? What a dud. :D

Lever was impressive, I'd go him if asked right now.

Hogan has to get one at some point and Brayshaw was good too.

Shame Hamling is too old as he was excellent on debut

I didn't see Levers game but Hogan was clearly better

you said it yourself, you didn't see levers game so how can you know hogan was better.

Lever actually had an influence in the game, hogan was good but his team got thrashed by 50 points.

Lever actually had an influence in the game, hogan was good but his team got thrashed by 50 points.
Gold standard derp right here. If only we had Lever instead of Hogan the game might have been close. :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back