Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have enough coin to go
Salem > Dale
Goodes > Simpson/Gibbo?

Otherwise
Salem > Dale
Tarrant > Smith?
I can afford that. Trading Salem/Goodes to Dale and ...... gives me 517K.

Kinda want to get another forward premo in now, especially with defenders score so up and down (may have traded simpson out when we was injured too :drunk:).

Salem to Dale makes more sense this week given the lack of rookie defenders on the bubble than downgrading Goodes

Tarrant > Dale
Heeney > Rockliff

B: Houli - Simpson - Burgoyne - Newnes - Saad - McIntosh (Lever - Brown)
C: Fyfe - Pendlebury - Gray - Ward - Selwood - Rockliff - Cripps - Ellis-Yolmen (Miller - Krakouer - McKenzie)
R: Goldstein - Jacobs (Read)
F: Swan - Smith - Bennell - Bontempelli - Edwards - Mitchell (Dale - Lonie)

Will downgrade Miller and upgrade McIntosh next week.

Hey guys - stuck for trades this week. I have $33,400 in the bank and the team is...

DEF: Oxley, Gibson, Newnes, KK, Saad (GCS), Lever (Bench: Brown (Coll), Goddard (STK))
MID: Fyfe (c), Neale, Heppel, Ebert, Parker, Touk, Cripps, Rocky (Bench: Van Berlo, CEY, McKenzie)
RUC: Goldstein (vc), Nic Nat (Bench: Cox)
FWD: Gray, Dustin, Swan, Franklin, Bont, T Mitchell (Bench: Hogan, Clark)

Any advice? I am trying to get a balanced side come the BYEs.

Looking at most peoples teams and their forwardlines are done? Clark and Hogan are probably the last two people I plan to upgrade. They've been my two most reliable rookies. (besides Saad, who IMO is a keeper).

Hogan will be perfect to carry through to the byes, then palm him off for Dahlhaus/Smith.

I can afford that. Trading Salem/Goodes to Dale and ...... gives me 517K.

Kinda want to get another forward premo in now, especially with defenders score so up and down (may have traded simpson out when we was injured too :drunk:).

Salem to Dale makes more sense this week given the lack of rookie defenders on the bubble than downgrading Goodes

Yep, definitely get a forward in this week. I like the Devon Smith option, his form away from Sydney is a bit of a concern but I think he is a very solid POD. Otherwise you could go Goddard or Deledio?

Maybe turn Goodes to a Gibson/Simpson/Romance type in the next couple of weeks.

Taking only 1 mark last week really hurt his score. The previous 2 weeks he had 6 & 7 marks. For a KP def to get a good SC score, he needs to take a lot of marks as McDonald has done every week.
I find you are making far too much sense this year Gingy. Stop it would you? It scares me how often I am agreeing with you. I feel like the sky might start falling if it keeps happening, or maybe I'm heading towards a straight jacket, I'm not sure which ;)

Last edited:
Wish I could to a double upgrade.
Done those 2 trade and still have 190k in the bank :)
Team is
Shaw, MJ, Laird, McGovern, Oxley, Lumumba :oops:, (saad, Lever)
Fyfe, Pendles, Priddis, JPK, Selwood, Rocky, CEY, Miller (Krak, Heeney, McKenzie)
Goldy, Maric (cox)
Gray, Swan, Bonts, Lids, TMitch, Bellchambers (Clark, Lambert)

Sorry to post again but I thought I posted this in the trades thread (where it belongs) but couldn't find it and realised I posted it in 'discussion' incorrectly:

Thought it might be worth starting a discussion (for me and others) on who are the best cows to axe and who to keep.
This week it's between Touk Miller and Patrick Cripps for me.
The key factors:
Bye strategy
Pat has a rare Rnd 11 bye while Touk has an all too common rnd 12 bye (making Pat the better bye choice to keep) BUT Touk could play rnd 11 then be upgraded to a premium who has had their bye, effectively giving you 1 extra score you can't get with Cripps.
Averages and profit
Cripps averages 95 and Touk 73. If these continue, Cripps will go up 10K over 3 and keep rising in small numbers after that. Touk will go down 4K over 3 and small drops after that. Given you're also getting more points from Cripps he is the choice. However, Cripps average is bolstered by his 176 and Touk's effected by the 30's he got in rnd 1 and 2. From round 3 till now, Touk averages 86. Without Cripps' day out v. StKilda, he averages 79. With these averages, Cripps would lose 23K in 3 weeks and Touk go up 23 in 3.
Opponents
Miller plays Haw, Syd and Freo leading into the bye (then softens) - very tough. Cripps plays Syd, Ade (and Port after the bye before it softens). Also very, albeit slightly less, tough. Then there's the theory that Cripps will do more without Judd, Gibbs, etc which has the flip side that the Blues will just be flogged even worse.
Anyone got any conclusions out of all of that (besides that I have no life)?

Nah TBC is just wasting space on the FWD bench. He's $330,000 wasted. I have Blicavs and Goldy in rucks. Apart from playing against Carlton, I just feel I could get more points from Buddy as VC this week, than I could from Rockliff.

McDonald Shaw Oxley Newnes Saad Yeo (Mcintosh Brown)
Fyfe Pendles Joelwood Danger Beams Cripps Touk Krak (Mckenzie Glenn smith)
Blicavs Goldy (Cox)
Gray Bont Swan Bennell Titch Clark/Tarrant/TBC

If I bring in buddy this week (who will smash 200 against Carlton), my FWD and rucks are complete. Then next week bring in Rocky for Tarrant/Clark, which will look like this heading into the byes;

McDonald Shaw Yeo Oxley Newnes Saad (Mcintosh Mckenzie)
Fyfe Pendles Joelwood Danger Beams ROCKY Cripps Touk (Amon Glenn smith)
Blicavs Goldy (Cox)
Gray Bont Swan BUDDY Bennell Titch (Krak, Rookie)

14 trades left, but Forwards done, rucks done, 6 premium mids with Cripps + Touk, and a solid backline IMO.

Quoting himself now. He doesn't need us at all!
If we all got up and left BF, this thread would still continue with Asho81 just chatting away to himself

talk to self in mirror.jpg

For those of you thinking of throwing the VC on buddy tonight, it is a little on the damp side up here today. I'd be keeping a very close eye on the weather closer to the game if it was something I was considering (which I'm not).

Jpk and luke outside doing a Raindance

Decided that instead of risking it with one of the rookies on the bubble this week, I will just wait until Round 12 to get Rocky in (after his bye).

Therefore my only trade will be Fisher -> Hibberd. I have read in one of the Essendon threads that the leadership group sat down and had an honest chat with him r.e. his form and attitude prior to the Brisbane game, so hopefully Sunday's performance wasn't just due to Brisbane's poor forward line and he has actually turned around his form.

This was the 1st season that I can remember where I didn't have Pendles from the start and I've been regretting it ever since.
Well this is the week that I can correct things. Only problem is that as deadline draws closer I am riddled with self doubt.
Do people think he is a must have at any cost? Or am I better off going a cheaper premo?
I currently have Fyfe, Selwood, Sloane, Gray, Martin, Swan, Bont, Rocky, Titch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, sooooooo I cant ask questions, and I cant quote myself.
Im out guys, Ill read your threads, but Im done.
Good luck to all :cool:

Stop sooking.Its all in fun

What is it like having Judd_Magic as your trading mentor

Can I get some feedback on my team guys? 20 trades left

DEFENDERS- Shaw, Oxley, Newnes, Smith, Saad, Mcintosh,
Reserves- N Brown, Mckenzie
MIDS- Fyfe, J P Kennedy, Selwood, Neale, Rockliff, Pendles, Ellis- Yolmen, Miller
Reserves- Sinclair Krakour Glenn
RUCKS- Nic Nat, Maric
Reserves Cox
FORWARDS- Gray, Dalhouse, D Martin, Swan, Bont, Deledio
Reserves- Tarrant, Lonie

Can I get some feedback on my team guys? 20 trades left

DEFENDERS- Shaw, Oxley, Newnes, Smith, Saad, Mcintosh,
Reserves- N Brown, Mckenzie
MIDS- Fyfe, J P Kennedy, Selwood, Neale, Rockliff, Pendles, Ellis- Yolmen, Miller
Reserves- Sinclair Krakour Glenn
RUCKS- Nic Nat, Maric
Reserves Cox
FORWARDS- Gray, Dalhouse, D Martin, Swan, Bont, Deledio
Reserves- Tarrant, Lonie

Get hibberd if you have cash

This was the 1st season that I can remember where I didn't have Pendles from the start and I've been regretting it ever since.
Well this is the week that I can correct things. Only problem is that as deadline draws closer I am riddled with self doubt.
Do people think he is a must have at any cost? Or am I better off going a cheaper premo?
I think he is probably a must have, doesn't mean he is a must have this week. If you have more pressing needs, or really like one of the fallen premos then that should likely be your priority. Pendles will always be Pendles, a fallen premo however...

who is this cheaper premo you speak of and can he practically guarantee you an average of 110+ as well as being a reliable weekly VC/C option?

who is this cheaper premo you speak of and can he practically guarantee you an average of 110+ as well as being a reliable weekly VC/C option?
That's the reply I was after...
I guess I meant cheaper premo. No one was standing out to me but I knew if I had missed someone I would have been told all about it

Been weighing up trades all week, and really struggling.

uaHAS2H.png

Cripps to Rocky seemed the obvious one, but I also wanted Tarrant to Buddy and I couldn't afford both (142.3k). Then a brilliant idea struck though. I've got 22 trades left, which allowed me to strike these beautiful trades.

uyrkk8P.png

Jelwood has a BE of 129, while Cripps has a BE of 85. I feel as if he can easily reach this with Murphy and Gibbs out tonight. Even if he doesn't, no real harm done, I can still easily go Cripps to Sloane or Cripps back to Jelwood in coming weeks. Leaves me with my team looking like this:

OTemIZK.png

Giving Buddy the VC as prior mentioned in this thread. He could go very big.

Leaving me with these players to look at in coming weeks:
Cripps
Miller
CEY (downgrade)
Bont (?)
Grundy (?)
Oxley
Saad (? Downgrade, maybe keep.)
McIntosh (Not even essential. Could downgrade, could keep on bench.)

And, given Bont and Grundy could lift, and Saad may be worth keeping, I'm fairly close to having a complete side. :)

lol, sooooooo I cant ask questions, and I cant quote myself.
Im out guys, Ill read your threads, but Im done.
Good luck to all :cool:
Lighten up a touch fella.
You did just quote yourself.
If I did that, I would be disappointed if I didn't receive some form of polite ribbing or gentle ridicule. That's what I love about this here reptilian community

Would it be crazy to trade both Touk and CEY and run krak at m8 until Sloane returns?
Either that or I keep CEY and trade taz out, moving krak to f6.
Just looking at the pay calculator, taz could easily go up another 80 - 100k but the others many have just about topped out. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back