Not open for further replies.

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors, NE Patriots
JPK should destroy Carlton, i'll give him a go at VC, into either Gray or Fyfe.

But if Glenn and Krak get named, i'll have no other C option but Selwood if JPK doesnt meet the expectations.

JPK should destroy Carlton, i'll give him a go at VC, into either Gray or Fyfe.

But if Glenn and Krak get named, i'll have no other C option but Selwood if JPK doesnt meet the expectations.
Not scared of the Carrazzo tag on JPK?

happylab400

Debutant
May 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Split between Lewis vs Gc, Parker vs Carlton
Fyfe is the obvious captain choice, however if i want to loophole fyfe i always have pendels vs north

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors, NE Patriots
Split between Lewis vs Gc, Parker vs Carlton
Fyfe is the obvious captain choice, however if i want to loophole fyfe i always have pendels vs north

Parker is peaking at the moment and against Carlton who could come out with a whole bunch of young kids this week, he could do something special.

I think Lewis will probably just go his standard 110 against GC.

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think a lot of people are thinking the wrong way about their VC choices. To me there is one choice only.

With Fyfe playing on Saturday, if you can put the VC on him (i.e you have a non playing option Sunday) it's the best possible strategy if you're going for overall, with Pendles (or Rocky) as C backup on Sunday.

Why VC Fyfe? Simply more chance of him going ultra big than any other player which is what you want in a VC. Ignoring Sidey his average is over 10PPG better than this years next best (Gray). Statistically you want the VC on the best scorer in your team. You should rely on the player with the C as few times as you can in the year to reduce the risk of copping an injury affected doubled score.

You know if you choose someone else as VC a good chance they go 120-130 then you have a difficult scenario - do you lock it in and back the score to beat Fyfe or roll the dice and take Fyfe.

This particularly holds true when you have C Pendles as back-up, the guy who is less likely to throw in a sub 100 score than any other player.

There is a few reasons you may deviate from this strategy
- if you're after the weekly prize (eg Steven last week)
- you need a POD near the end of the season
- you're in a weekly h2h you have to win where the other team has a higher predicted score
- taggers (more likely to effect Sydney this week)

upload_2015-5-26_20-41-15.png

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fyfe VC
Pendles c

Reckon I'll VC Hodge this week. Could be on a mission after sitting out for 3 weeks. Playing GC.

Yep I'm putting the VC on Hodge. Will play through the guts and absolutely crush a pitiful Gold Coast midfield.

I think a lot of people are thinking the wrong way about their VC choices. To me there is one choice only.

With Fyfe playing on Saturday, if you can put the VC on him (i.e you have a non playing option Sunday) it's the best possible strategy if you're going for overall, with Pendles (or Rocky) as C backup on Sunday.

Why VC Fyfe? Simply more chance of him going ultra big than any other player which is what you want in a VC. Ignoring Sidey his average is over 10PPG better than this years next best (Gray). Statistically you want the VC on the best scorer in your team. You should rely on the player with the C as few times as you can in the year to reduce the risk of copping an injury affected doubled score.

You know if you choose someone else as VC a good chance they go 120-130 then you have a difficult scenario - do you lock it in and back the score to beat Fyfe or roll the dice and take Fyfe.

This particularly holds true when you have C Pendles as back-up, the guy who is less likely to throw in a sub 100 score than any other player.

- you're in a weekly h2h you have to win where the other team has a higher predicted score

View attachment 138136
Maybe it's just me but I'm pretty sure we all (ok, fair majority) know how to VC. But there's not many options to loophole on Sunday. I doubt there'd be too many of us with players from the 6 teams in the Sunday games who aren't playing / aren't sub / late-in risks. I know I don't have any.

The next few weeks after that will be different as Melbourne have the Sunday games so all those holding Salem will be able to do it this way.

Plus Freo have played naff all early games so far this year. 5 Sunday games and 3 Saturday nights so far limits you greatly.

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants

View attachment 138136

If you take out his virus affected 45 Lachie Neale is averaging 128.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back