Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Updated SC 100's against for rd8;

View attachment 137629

Not much has changed, Freo hardest to score them against, Blues the easiest.

GWS now into clear 2nd hardest team.
Really quality, is there a way you can make this the difference between how many tonnes the team is averaging V how many they concede. Would take into account fixture etc.. I.e freo would be even more impressive because they have played tough teams that usually score multiple tonnes.. Subtract how many the opposing team is averaging and you get a net +/- on tonnes conceded..

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors, NE Patriots
Really quality, is there a way you can make this the difference between how many tonnes the team is averaging V how many they concede. Would take into account fixture etc.. I.e freo would be even more impressive because they have played tough teams that usually score multiple tonnes.. Subtract how many the opposing team is averaging and you get a net +/- on tonnes conceded..

Do it krk004 its not like you have anything better to do with your time, and it would be pretty handy for the rest of us :p

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Token American sports team
JPK should destroy Carlton, i'll give him a go at VC, into either Gray or Fyfe.

But if Glenn and Krak get named, i'll have no other C option but Selwood if JPK doesnt meet the expectations.
JPK historically hasn't performed too well against lesser teams.

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
JPK historically hasn't performed too well against lesser teams.

He isn't too bad.

135 against Melbourne this year.

But your right, he doesnt relish them that much. my hope is that Carlton try and play contested and test the players a bit and let the game style play into JPK's.

I've got to look at either Buddy, Mitchell or JPK, one of them will beat up on Carlton, but none are certain. Buddy could come out and kick 1.9 and screw himself.

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
He isn't too bad.

135 against Melbourne this year.

But your right, he doesnt relish them that much. my hope is that Carlton try and play contested and test the players a bit and let the game style play into JPK's.

I've got to look at either Buddy, Mitchell or JPK, one of them will beat up on Carlton, but none are certain. Buddy could come out and kick 1.9 and screw himself.
Buddy was held pretty well by Rowe last season when we played them until half time, he then kicked 5 in the third alone. Rowe is not half the player he was last season, he was pretty decent for us in 2014. I'm going to chuck the VC on TMitch I reckon, maybe Buddy.

Still middle of the 2nd quarter but it looks like the Cavs are through to the finals unless something major happens.

dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Buddy was held pretty well by Rowe last season when we played them until half time, he then kicked 5 in the third alone. Rowe is not half the player he was last season, he was pretty decent for us in 2014. I'm going to chuck the VC on TMitch I reckon, maybe Buddy.

Still middle of the 2nd quarter but it looks like the Cavs are through to the finals unless something major happens.
Most boring nba conference finals in a long time.. Can see dubs winning in 5 in finals, read a stat that for point differential they are the 6th best all time and the top 5 all went on to win.. God the east is bad..

Are you worried buddy may get a rest prior to the bye? Blues suns and kangas next 3

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams

Yeah they were never gonna loose at home. Good to see Irving and Delly sharing the load, Delly has been one of there best in this series with Thompson and James.

You see Miller giving Delly the thumbs up overnight.

Dr Supercoach

Rookie
Jun 23, 2014
Switzerland
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm going to chuck the VC on TMitch I reckon, maybe Buddy.

Tom Mitchell is a solid choice among the Friday night players, however I don't see his ceiling as super-high unless he gets an ENORMOUS number of possessions. His DT:SC ratio has improved a little this year, but it's still ~1.00.

Just like the old Pendlebury vs Swan decision when it comes to VC, I'd always opt for the Supercoach-friendly player most times e.g. JPK, Hannebery, Buddy.

Last edited:

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Most boring nba conference finals in a long time.. Can see dubs winning in 5 in finals, read a stat that for point differential they are the 6th best all time and the top 5 all went on to win.. God the east is bad..

Are you worried buddy may get a rest prior to the bye? Blues suns and kangas next 3
I wouldn't underestimate the Cavs, they have become a defensive juggernaut these playoffs and have the best player in the world and some very damaging role players (JR Smith, Shumpert, Thompson has become a beast defensively and on the offensive glass). Warriors are favourites but I think the Cavs given injuries to Irving during this series and Shumpert being banged up a bit too plus Lebron playing hurt having 9 days rest could come out and surprise, I for one am hoping they win it as I hate how many have jumped on the Warriors bandwagon, most probably don't even know what city they play in. Cavs also have the best record in the NBA since mid January (45-11 including playoffs).

Buddy could be rested, it's a risk but at his current price and given his upcoming fixtures, I reckon he's a very good trade in target this week.

Last edited:

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yeah they were never gonna loose at home. Good to see Irving and Delly sharing the load, Delly has been one of there best in this series with Thompson and James.

You see Miller giving Delly the thumbs up overnight.
I loved watching Reggie during his playing days but he did call Delly out the other day. Listening to American sports radio over the last couple of days, most of their pundits have at best called Delly "reckless", geez these yanks are soft (I guess that's why their football players wear more armour than tanks). Regarding the Korver incident, Delly has every right to dive in for the loose ball, it's Korver's fault for just standing there instead of hitting the floor to get the loose ball himself.

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I loved watching Reggie during his playing days but he did call Delly out the other day. Listening to American sports radio over the last couple of days, most of their pundits have at best called Delly "reckless", geez these yanks are soft (I guess that's why their football players wear more armour than tanks). Regarding the Korver incident, Delly has every right to dive in for the loose ball, it's Korver's fault for just standing there instead of hitting the floor to get the loose ball himself.

Reggie actually came out swinging for Delly on the radio last night.

I dont think Delly did anything wrong, but I will say in basketball you have to be careful when you go to ground, like protecting the head in AFL, you gotta protect the knees in NBA, so whilst Delly was just going for the ball, and even though he wasn't his fault, I can understand why people get upset at that.

Honestly though, back in the 80's and 90's the players were tougher, no one would have complained to much about it back then. Just like AFL players are becoming increasingly precious.

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Reggie actually came out swinging for Delly on the radio last night.

I dont think Delly did anything wrong, but I will say in basketball you have to be careful when you go to ground, like protecting the head in AFL, you gotta protect the knees in NBA, so whilst Delly was just going for the ball, and even though he wasn't his fault, I can understand why people get upset at that.

Honestly though, back in the 80's and 90's the players were tougher, no one would have complained to much about it back then. Just like AFL players are becoming increasingly precious.
Remember the Detroit bad boys? None of them would be able to play today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Before my time but I watched an ESPN 30 for 30 on them not long ago. Bill Laimbeer was one dirty mothergoose.

Yeah I dont remember the 80's, love watching the replays though, but I grew up in the 90's and NBA was huge then with Jordan peaking.

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yeah I dont remember the 80's, love watching the replays though, but I grew up in the 90's and NBA was huge then with Jordan peaking.
Was very young in the 90s but remember the Jordan era, moreso when he came back from retirement rather than the stuff he did before his time off. Was a big fan of the Sonics, loved the Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Detlef Schrempf trio. 64-18 in 95-96, any other season they would have steamrolled their way to the championship, the Bulls that season though were unstoppable.

Hunt down some of the courtside countdowns from the 90s on youtube, you would struggle to find top 10 for the year quality stuff now compared to most of the weekly top 10 plays back then. Stacey Augmon featured heavily.

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Was very young in the 90s but remember the Jordan era, moreso when he came back from retirement rather than the stuff he did before his time off. Was a big fan of the Sonics, loved the Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Detlef Schrempf trio. 64-18 in 95-96, any other season they would have steamrolled their way to the championship, the Bulls that season though were unstoppable.

Hunt down some of the courtside countdowns from the 90s on youtube, you would struggle to find top 10 for the year quality stuff now compared to most of the weekly top 10 plays back then. Stacey Augmon featured heavily.

Yeah thats the same for me, I was about 10 when Jordan came back from his first retirement, and was hooked.

Used to watch all the replays though, and used those old VHS tapes of Jordan to pump me up before a game.

Bulls killed the chance of a lot of teams back then. Utah, Trailblazers and Phoenix all had quality teams.

Houston was the team that kept Sonics from winning, but the only reason Houston won was because they bought a bunch of players, and Jordan was retired.

May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
Maybe it's just me but I'm pretty sure we all (ok, fair majority) know how to VC. But there's not many options to loophole on Sunday. I doubt there'd be too many of us with players from the 6 teams in the Sunday games who aren't playing / aren't sub / late-in risks. I know I don't have any.

The next few weeks after that will be different as Melbourne have the Sunday games so all those holding Salem will be able to do it this way.

Plus Freo have played naff all early games so far this year. 5 Sunday games and 3 Saturday nights so far limits you greatly.
Did you miss the memo on Tom Read?

Big Bad Bustlin Budwah as VC for me this week. After a few really low weeks I reckon he'll be eager to lift his tally this week.

Fyfe as C is the most perfect cover you've ever seen...

Re: Fyfe as VC instead Sydney Kicker
I like the idea and understand what you mean - But I look at the VC as selecting the X factor not the most consistent. The guy that can go ridiculously huge while also aiming to grab a POD is my VC choice. The C for me is about picking the highest consistent scorer as cover when/if the VC fails. I don't think I'd rather rely on Pendles, Swan, Selwood, Rockliff etc etc to cover the consistently cover the output Fyfe can consistently muster right now.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Hannebery plays the Blues on Friday so he is VC :D into Fyfe.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
SC AA captain of 2015?
READ%20Tom.png

Status
Not open for further replies.