Captains Round 9 VC/Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to make a VC choice for Friday night because i expect my only 2 non-playing to be whiteX and Read. Really want to loophole Taz V Clark for my final spot so will sacrifice Read for that role and have WhiteX as my captain if buddy or parker (undecided yet) go bananas

Have to make a VC choice for Friday night because i expect my only 2 non-playing to be whiteX and Read. Really want to loophole Taz V Clark for my final spot so will sacrifice Read for that role and have WhiteX as my captain if buddy or parker (undecided yet) go bananas

With the way teams usually go, leave this till Thurs night.

Read plays Sunday doesnt he?
In perth?

So you vc anyone u like

Did you miss the memo on Tom Read?
I went the gamble on Reilly O'Brien getting a game instead. Hasn't paid off, but the only C choice I've cocked up was Sloanes 60 in Rd 4 or whatever it was. So I'm calling meh.

Read plays Sunday doesnt he?
In perth?

So you vc anyone u like
Yes he does but I will have tarrant as emergency.. If he craps the bed Sunday arvo and I intend on benching him I will put Clark on the field hence no Captains loophole available.. Timing will be tight on Sunday but Taz V Clark could be a crapshoot this week so would really like the option of loopholing their scores

Not sure who to choose between pendles and rocky. Pendles has dominated north the last 5 games with an average of 142 points,but rocky plays st kilda this week .

Remember the Detroit bad boys? None of them would be able to play today.
I've been following the Pistons ever since the Bad Boys. Solid tough team with great depth. Isiah was my favorite Piston.

That was classic NBA back then, the Jordan rules.
* Jordan and the Bulls.

Before my time but I watched an ESPN 30 for 30 on them not long ago. Bill Laimbeer was one dirty mothergoose.
Great doco. Bulls couldn't get over the Pistons, Pistons couldn't get over the Celtics, Celtics couldn't get over the Lakers. Then for a brief 2 year period it all changed.
As for Laimbeer, without doubt he was the most hated player at the time. Smash mouth basketball. Loved him.
Yeah I dont remember the 80's, love watching the replays though, but I grew up in the 90's and NBA was huge then with Jordan peaking.
90s ball was the best. So many great teams and players. Highlight reels galore.
Was very young in the 90s but remember the Jordan era, moreso when he came back from retirement rather than the stuff he did before his time off. Was a big fan of the Sonics, loved the Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Detlef Schrempf trio. 64-18 in 95-96, any other season they would have steamrolled their way to the championship, the Bulls that season though were unstoppable.

Hunt down some of the courtside countdowns from the 90s on youtube, you would struggle to find top 10 for the year quality stuff now compared to most of the weekly top 10 plays back then. Stacey Augmon featured heavily.
That Sonics team was Cray. Loved Kemp. Bulls were just phenomenal that year. Best team ever IMO. I remember I had slight hope with grant hill/Stackhouse combo that we'd might be somewhat competitive but we'd get smashed by the Bulls. It was torture.

* Jordan and the Bulls.

Well at least the Pistons got the better of them, cant say as much for a lot of other teams.

They could have won 8 straight in the 90's.

I've been following the Pistons ever since the Bad Boys. Solid tough team with great depth. Isiah was my favorite Piston.

* Jordan and the Bulls.

Great doco. Bulls couldn't get over the Pistons, Pistons couldn't get over the Celtics, Celtics couldn't get over the Lakers. Then for a brief 2 year period it all changed.
As for Laimbeer, without doubt he was the most hated player at the time. Smash mouth basketball. Loved him.

That Sonics team was Cray. Loved Kemp. Bulls were just phenomenal that year. Best team ever IMO. I remember I had slight hope with grant hill/Stackhouse combo that we'd might be somewhat competitive but we'd get smashed by the Bulls. It was torture.
72-10, don't think that will ever be repeated by anyone. Seattle winning two games in the finals after being 3-0 was an achievement in itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TOO MANY CAPTAIN OPTIONS THIS WEEK! It's seriously driving me insane.

Friday night JPK plays Carlton and is sure to run rings around them.

Saturday the BIG MUMMY takes on the leagues worst ruckmen in Ayce Cordy and should give him an absolute bath.

Jack Stevens and Rockliff are both smokeys to go big.

Robbie Gray plays against Melbourne and even when his team is struggling he still manages to keep pumping out big scores.

Fyfe will play like Fyfe on Saturday night and Pendles has a ridiculous 3 game average of 142 against North on Sunday.

Then there is also the left felt choice of throwing the VC on Tom Mitchell who could go bananas and have one of his record breaking NEAFL type games against a sub AFL standard team in Carlton.

* Jordan and the Bulls.

Dominique Wilkins OMFG

TOO MANY CAPTAIN OPTIONS THIS WEEK! It's seriously driving me insane.

Friday night JPK plays Carlton and is sure to run rings around them.

Saturday the BIG MUMMY takes on the leagues worst ruckmen in Ayce Cordy and should give him an absolute bath.

Jack Stevens and Rockliff are both smokeys to go big.

Robbie Gray plays against Melbourne and even when his team is struggling he still manages to keep pumping out big scores.

Fyfe will play like Fyfe on Saturday night and Pendles has a ridiculous 3 game average of 142 against North on Sunday.

Then there is also the left felt choice of throwing the VC on Tom Mitchell who could go bananas and have one of his record breaking NEAFL type games against a sub AFL standard team in Carlton.

I like it when it's like that. Genuine chances to gain some ground on the leaders of the pack with some astute choices. Far too often captain is a non-event because everyone has the same captain and VC. Loophole has made it a little more interesting but I wouldn't mind if they changed it to 1.5 x VC score and 2 x captain score. Would add a new dynamic to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back