Round ball code talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Not got a dog in this EPL fight but I gotta say that FFP rule has to go. And it won't go either. Rich clubs will love it. It will take an EU directive to get rid of it.

Cahill was brilliant. I dont care he turned 35 last month he has to go to Russia in 2018 for his 4th World Cup and join some of the greats who went to 4 Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo, Charlton, Klose, Henry etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything is being set up for a repeat of the 1967 Friendly Nations Tournament with a Socceroos v South Korea final where the Socceroos were born and won their first tournament in Asia.

Titus O'Reily tweeted that Tim Cahill scored a goal for the Socceroos while brushing his teeth this morning. :D

Australia v UAE in Newcastle. Looking forward to that warm country hospitality.

Hahahahaha ... sorry.

Expect to see Peter Dutton and Scott Morrison in the crowd taking notes. How much do you want to win this UAE? :p

Cahill was brilliant. I dont care he turned 35 last month he has to go to Russia in 2018 for his 4th World Cup and join some of the greats who went to 4 Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo, Charlton, Klose, Henry etc.

What I meant to also say when I posted the above comment the other night, is that Cahill has scored in all 3 world cups he has been to and whilst about 50 players have gone to 4 World Cups and three players have been to 5, only three players have scored goals at 4 World Cups. I want Timmy to go to Russia and join them

http://topendsports.com/events/worldcupsoccer/trivia-goals.htm
  • Three players have scored in four successive finals tournaments. Both Pele of Brazil and Uwe Seeler of West Germany scored in the finals of 1958, 1962, 1966 and 1970, and German Miroslav Klose scored in 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014.
Pele 12 goals in 14 games, Seeler 9 goals in 21 games and Klose 16 goals in 24 games. Timmy has scored 5 goals in 8 games. The fact he will be 38 is irrelevant

• The oldest player to have scored a goal is Roger Milla of Cameroon when he scored against Russia in 1994. He was then 42 years and 39 days old.
http://topendsports.com/events/worldcupsoccer/trivia-goals.htm

Milla scored 4 goals in Italy in 1990 WC when he was 38 and his corner post celebrations became legendary stuff just like Timmy's has become. A reminder of the great Roger Milla was at 38 and his goal celebrations.

Edit and this Coke ad fom the 2010 WC shows how Milla's goal celbration when he was 38 in 1990 WC in Italy changed goal celebrations.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back