Round one, 2015, revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened with building the rivalry with a round 1 match with the Swans? Seems like the AFL have given up on this already!

I'm happy not to have the Swans in Round 1 each year. None of the other Derbies/showdowns etc are locked in to particular calendars or time slots (in any sports). And any wins we get in the first game of the year, will always be written off because it's only the first game if the year, and the swans always start slowly blah blah blah.

That early in the season also means that the occasional punters aren't quite switched on yet. Round 5 or 6 the season is starting to shape a narrative for both teams and the game has more context to attract interest.

2014 strugglers Melbourne and St Kilda will both open with winnable home games against Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney, respectively.

Wot?

They obviously forgot about Patfull.

It's nice I only have to wait until round one to see my favourite rivalry of all time.

2014 strugglers Melbourne and St Kilda will both open with winnable home games against Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney, respectively.

Wot?

Vic-based writer. Duh.

According to this, we've got:
- round 3: away to Swans at SCG
- round 5: first home game at Spotless
- 2 of first 4 home games in Canberra
- ANZAC Day in Canberra likely to be against the Suns

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/swa...ixture-headaches/story-e6frf33l-1227098255647

.. and I am thinking that the second of the home games in Canberra will be against the Dogs for the Boydy Griffin Cup (shame Brian Lake didn't come to the Giants).

Round 1 - Saints away
Round 2 - Dogs in Canberra
Round 3 - Swans away
Round 4 - Suns in Canberra

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man this team does a lot of travelling. Round 5 before a home game. Do all the Canberra games hold us back? 3/4 of our games are away or neutral grounds.
Considering the coin we got from them and the loyalty of the Capital fans. Nope.
And of course, the Spotless Skoda Showgrounds isn't available early rounds coz of the Easter Show. Its not Canberra's doing particularly.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Canberra deal, but it probably made too much sense commercially to not push ahead with it.

Between Spotless being out of commision with the Easter Show and having games in Canberra, I'd much rather have those Canberra games early over 'wasting' a home game at ANZ Stadium...

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Canberra deal, but it probably made too much sense commercially to not push ahead with it.

Between Spotless being out of commision with the Easter Show and having games in Canberra, I'd much rather have those Canberra games early over 'wasting' a home game at ANZ Stadium...
Im still of the belief that once the 10 year deal is over we will play games only in Sydney and will drop the greater. But it doesnt bother me if we dont. Capital fans have been great and loyal even though they know they are second fidel to western sydney

hmm i wonder what happened last time we played you in round 2 this past season.

This bloke happen
482717-nick-riewoldt.jpg

But 12 mths more development, and the addition of Griffen and Patfull even the great man won't get the saints over the line.

This bloke happen
482717-nick-riewoldt.jpg

But 12 mths more development, and the addition of Griffen and Patfull even the great man won't get the saints over the line.
should actaully be an interesting game with alot of subplots like our pick1 who was almost yours and the first round of the media bashing your club for not potentially resigning you stars and putting huge pressure on them to win now

hmm i wonder what happened last time we played you in round 2 this past season.
I guess you remember 1 of your few highlights for the year. Keep your quality posts coming who from GWS are you not expecting to play for you in 2016? Every time I see you post and I mean YOU it's WHE it's Shiel it's Cameron and Treloar have you nailed it down to just 1? I think the funniest of your posts was this (a direct quote) " Meh, give me the picks and bend over GWS when all their kids are uncontracted". Keep up the comedy gold in the off season the only thing funnier than your posts were the delusional Stkilda supporters who expected us to give up picks 4,6 and 7 for pick 1 lol lucky we don't have idiots like you running this club.

I guess you remember 1 of your few highlights for the year. Keep your quality posts coming who from GWS are you not expecting to play for you in 2016? Every time I see you post and I mean YOU it's WHE it's Shiel it's Cameron and Treloar have you nailed it down to just 1? I think the funniest of your posts was this (a direct quote) " Meh, give me the picks and bend over GWS when all their kids are uncontracted". Keep up the comedy gold in the off season the only thing funnier than your posts were the delusional Stkilda supporters who expected us to give up picks 4,6 and 7 for pick 1 lol lucky we don't have idiots like you running this club.
youve got me mistaken, i come on your board to have some banter and never be the normal BF poster and say well take x player.

also i dont think i have typed WHE once on the guants board. go through my posts and prove me wrong pls, if i do post it may be an artile i find on you guys or ask for updates on players i have kept tabs on.

so calm down rookie

Some are jumpy on this board (me included) BUT Roo single handedly pulled the saints over the line that day, we lost it rather than the saints won it, a disapointing result for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back