EagleMan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WCE
I still remember last years semi against the Bullies - Rojo beat two players in a marking contest in the centre square dished off to Judd who ran forward and kicked a goal. Everyone says what a champion Judd is and how it was a great team lifting goal, but he would never have got the ball if Rojo hadn't won the contest.

Yep, I loved that one. Put his arm out while in between two bullies, knocked the ball into his own hands, passed to Judd, goal.

He actually did the exact same thing for our first goal in the GF last year if you go back and watch.

Love 'im:D :thumbsu:

shoe

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
My old man was at a party the other night talking to tony micale and they were talking about him. Apparently, after judd, kerr, cousins and cox, he is the first selected by the commitee each week... before glass! Shows he definitely plays his role.

Ive loved the guy since he had all those 40+ possession games for claremont. Never let up until he forced his way back into the team. So many of our goals come from 50-50 contests which he is able to win (see mitch brown's goal on the weekend. Get bagged out by all my mates every time i stick up for him, even my girl who doesnt know much about footy, but i will support him forever!
Actually doesn't surprise me much... he is an integral part of our engine room, wins heaps of footy and sets up so much play.

Its too bad he's not a more flashy player, his hard work is largely unnoticed!

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
IMO RoJo's early season form in 2007 is no different to how it was the same time last year. That being said I wasn't calling for him to be dropped and proclaiming him a massive dud. He has his limitations (pace, long-kicking) but he does the jobs he is given.

I consider RoJo as an anti-downhill skier. Picture Des Headland, RoJo is the opposite of that. When the side is flying he goes unnoticed and people say 'hey let's drop him and chuck in Rosa or Morton etc.', but when the hard work needs to be done or the team is down RoJo's efforts get noticed more.

Alphanumeric

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Rowan Jones has been a great player his whole career. I've also thought he was in our best 22.

Jun 3, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I was a critic but his form this year has been great and even though I have only managed to get to 2 games live (working for a living sucks) that is where you really appreciate how much work he does off the ball and creating space for team mates.

Selfless team man. Premiership player. Does the absolute best with what ability he has got and I admire that.

OLDEP

Senior List
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
His form this year has improved, in that he is pushing more forward and slotting a couple of goals through. He tries hard, but for more liking sells teammates into trouble probably 30% of the time. That figure has gotten lot better this year, as last year it would have been above 1 in 2 possessions. I think in a lesser team his lack of skill and composure would be shown up a lot more.

In saying that, he's an eagle and I hope he wins the brownlow and the norm smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

zero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2003
Oval, SW8, South London
Other Teams
WA state-of-origin
works hard, and is having a great season, but lets be realistic, he is a fringe and depth player, who has played every game (with distinction) this year due to our many injuries and outs.

when his spot is questioned every week, you know we are getting back to full strength.

while we are missing cuz, embers, nico and sammy butler then he is a dead cert for selection

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
works hard, and is having a great season, but lets be realistic, he is a fringe and depth player, who has played every game (with distinction) this year due to our many injuries and outs.

when his spot is questioned every week, you know we are getting back to full strength.

while we are missing cuz, embers, nico and sammy butler then he is a dead cert for selection

His spot is questioned every week by supporters who know very little. Butler, Cousins, Nicoski and Embley can all come back in but I bet Rojo wont be the one missing out.

zero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2003
Oval, SW8, South London
Other Teams
WA state-of-origin
His spot is questioned every week by supporters who know very little. Butler, Cousins, Nicoski and Embley can all come back in but I bet Rojo wont be the one missing out.
last year maybe, but this year rosa, priddis, hurn and morton have been tearing it up, and i would bet at least two and probably 3 of those guys would be picked ahead of rojo, now (as long as its not during the finals, when rojos experience would see him get a gig)

EagleMan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WCE
Go back to the last five minutes of last year's GF. Who was it that won the ball in the middle of a bunch of Swans with a minute to run when Kerr centered it?

Without that, we'd have definitely conceded a score. I'd absolutely trust Rowan Jones in a GF.

Absolutely right.

It was the final piece of play in the entire match, he had the ball and two Swans players coming at him, he ran straight for the ball and passed it off to Lynch.

30 seconds later: "It's all over! Who would have though that the sequel would be just as good as the original!?"

I Rojo I trust:thumbsu:

Slip

Rookie
May 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Absolutely right.

It was the final piece of play in the entire match, he had the ball and two Swans players coming at him, he ran straight for the ball and passed it off to Lynch.

30 seconds later: "It's all over! Who would have though that the sequel would be just as good as the original!?"

I Rojo I trust:thumbsu:

I've never yelled 'ROJO YOU *ing LEGEND!' that loud (or previously for that matter) in all my life, was so happy for him that he stood up when it counted the most.

Kerrby

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
After tonight performance drop him!! He's half the reason we lost tonight, poor kicking, poor decision making, giving it to the wrong team. He got me REALLY angry tonight and he doesn't deserve a spot in the side.

Kernel Sanders

Club Legend
Suspended
Apr 29, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
After tonight performance drop him!! He's half the reason we lost tonight, poor kicking, poor decision making, giving it to the wrong team. He got me REALLY angry tonight and he doesn't deserve a spot in the side.
Lecras and Fletch deserve their spots less than him.

Lecras and Fletch deserve their spots less than him.

Correct.

Fletcher has been ordinary the past 2 weeks now.

Do we let it go on or is Cousins for Fletcher a fair swap? ;)

Back