Rowan Jones... update your opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the 06 FGF -he was a real player. much better than some on our current list.
Liked Jones but he was a worse kick for goal than Scotty Selwood and his field kicking made Priddis look like Shannon Hurn.

Took to later in his career to work out that his foot was actually on the end of his leg.

But valued premiership player without doubt.

Missed a sitter in the 06 prelim didn't he?

Respect RoJo but his kicking was often horrid. Makes Rosa's 40 metre high helicopter kicks looks like a bullet pass from Hurn!

6059258.jpg

Damn the person who bumped this thread. Damn you to hell.

Wonder if Paddy will ever get an ad

Respect RoJo but his kicking was often horrid. Makes Rosa's 40 metre high helicopter kicks looks like a bullet pass from Hurn!
beat me to it. Yeah it would have sealed the game, instead it almost cost us. I wasn't a fan at all and remember how I despised him. Thought he was totally s**t. I know a lot more about players and footy now than what I did back then so maybe I just judged him harsh and had no idea. Maybe I had no idea, but he really was just that s**t:eek:

Lead to believe C Judd has placed a pic of RoJo on his 1st Brownlow as testament to RoJo's superior blocking skills to allow C Judd clear passage on the football field

A photo found in C Judds pool room, allegedly next to that dress.

RoJo Brownlow.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have no doubt if we lost that game due to that miss he would never have been allowed back into wa...

lol yeah yeah, he's ya cousin, i get it, still a horrid player

Let me guess, you were an Ashley Hansen fan too?

They weren't stars, but they both played their part which is all you can ask for.

Without both of them, '06 might not have happened. Great to see RoJo getting some recognition.

Yep, always a bunch of forgetful people glossing over his career tbh

God, listen to Woosha speak in that video. Just such a beast of a man. Would love to have him back at the club one day in a similar role to what Adelaide is doing now.

Let me guess, you were an Ashley Hansen fan too?

Super uneducated post. Hasen was not one of our best players - but he straightened the team up.

We won a lot more when he was in the side than when he wasn't. He was an important part of the team.

On topic Rojo's kicking was often horrible, but he still had is role to play.

Criticisms of Rojo's skills (kicking at least) are totally fair - but blokes who condemn him altogether undersell one of the best bits of our sport. Footy is one of the few sports in the world where blokes - i.e. Priddis - can get to the top with incomplete skills if they have enough sheer determination and desire for the contest.

The dogged work ethic of non-superstars, like Rojo, should be celebrated you bunch of bloody ingrates.

Super uneducated post. Hasen was not one of our best players - but he straightened the team up.

We won a lot more when he was in the side than when he wasn't. He was an important part of the team.

On topic Rojo's kicking was often horrible, but he still had is role to play.

Nah, he took the position from someone who could have been better tbh

Horrible 'target'

I rated Hansen. I think he was a very important cog in our premiership winning team and he got us going with a couple of vital early goals. He provided a focal point and freed up other forwards taking the pressure off them.

Who would've played instead of Hansen? Brad Smith who was always injured and had never played AFL?

He was definitely best 22 as was Rojo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back