The Law Royal Commission into Child Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ildrens-genitals/story-fni0fee2-1227210372759
http://www.theguardian.com/australi...ow-he-had-to-report-child-abuse-inquiry-hears

Been all over the media, surprised that you needed a link. Perhaps he thought they were just checking to see they were circumcised.
You are making the same assumption which allowed this abuse to continue across generations. These turds were away with the pixies. What is your excuse for defending paedophiles?
Thanks, I tend to avoid the MSM.
With the lack of info in your previous post I assumed Maggie was referring to circumcisions. I'm not defending paedophiles. That is pretty disgusting behaviour and attitude from the Rabbi.

How could anyone be surprised by any perverted barbarity practised by a religion? It's in the DNA of the ludicrous assumptions inherent in all such pathetic flights from life.

You are making the same assumption which allowed this abuse to continue across generations. These turds were away with the pixies. What is your excuse for defending paedophiles?
What are you on about?
Pray tell how you get 'defending' out of my post?
Disposable behavior, not sure how you came to this conclusion, could say the same about you if this is all you can contribute.

What are you on about?
Pray tell how you get 'defending' out of my post?
Disposable behavior, not sure how you came to this conclusion, could say the same about you if this is all you can contribute.
Um, I'm a bit confused Maggie. That was a post in which I quoted a post by kfc1. If there appeared to be any reference to you, it was unintentional.

Um, I'm a bit confused Maggie. That was a post in which I quoted a post by kfc1. If there appeared to be any reference to you, it was unintentional.
Thanks for that, feel really strongly about this.
Anyone in a position of caring for young people that hide or use religion or position as an excuse, sh*t me.

Good interview with Rabbi James Kennard of Mount Scopus College on ABC radio today.

Insha'Allah, the first of many.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ealing-sex-abuse/story-e6frg6nf-1227266023201
THE Catholic Archbishop of Adelaide, Philip Wilson, has been charged by police with concealing child sex abuse allegedly committed by another priest during the 1970s.

He is understood to be the most senior Catholic official worldwide to face court over a criminal allegation of this type and could face up to two years in prison if convicted.

NSW Police today issued Archbishop Wilson, the vice-president of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference, with a future court attendance notice to face a single charge of concealing a serious indictable offence.

The charge alleges the archbishop failed to report child sex abuse allegedly committed by paedophile priest Jim Fletcher during the 1970s, when both men were working in the Maitland Diocese, near Newcastle in NSW.

Fletcher died in 2006 after being jailed for raping a 13-year-old boy between 1989-91. Last year, a Special Commission of Inquiry found he “had an extensive history of perpetrating child sexual abuse in the diocese, exclusively abusing young males, particularly altar boys”.

The commission found evidence that Fletcher’s offending began in the 1970s and identified at least five separate victims across the Newcastle region.

Archbishop Wilson, a former vicar-general of the Maitland Diocese, is now due to face court within weeks. He has not yet entered a plea and is expected to vigorously defend the allegations against him.

One of Australia’s most senior Catholic officials, the charge against the archbishop represents the first time a cleric of his rank has been accused of concealing child sex abuse committed by a priest.

In August 2012, another former vicar-general of the Maitland Diocese,

Father Tom Brennan, became the first Australian Catholic priest charged with concealing child abuse committed by another. Brennan was charged with two counts of misprision of a felony, or failing to disclose a serious crime, relating to sex offences committed by a local priest in the late 1970s but died in October 2012 without facing trial.

Misprision of a felony was replaced in the NSW Crimes Act in 1990 with the charge of concealing a serious indictable offence. The act states that if a “person who knows or believes that the offence has been committed … fails without reasonable excuse to bring that information to the attention of a member of the Police Force or other appropriate authority, that other person is liable to imprisonment for two years”.

Outside Australia, at least one US bishop Robert Finn, has been convicted of failing to report a priest suspected of child sex abuse to government authorities. Last September, the Vatican also took a former Archbishop, Jozef Wesolowski, into custody following allegations he sexually abused young boys while serving as the Papal ambassador to the Dominican Republic. He is currently under house arrest and expected to face trial this year.

The eldest of five children, Archbishop Wilson was born in Cessnock near Newcastle in 1950 and studied at St Patrick’s Seminary in Sydney before returning to the Maitland Diocese as a priest in 1975. He subsequently served as bishop of Wollongong in NSW and was appointed

archbishop of Adelaide in December 2001.

The criminal charge against him has been brought by a dedicated NSW Police strike force, codenamed Lantle, which sent its original brief of evidence to the state’s Director of Public Prosecutions in August 2012.

Three months later, Newcastle detective Peter Fox used an interview with the ABC to claim he had been “ordered to stand down from the case” and later claimed the Lantle investigation was a “sham” that had been “set up to fail”.

Last year, a NSW Special Commission of Inquiry subsequently found Mr Fox’ “made claims for which there was no proper basis” and his evidence to the commission about his fellow officers was “implausible” and “deliberately untruthful”.

Evidence before the commission shows Mr Fox had no direct knowledge of the contents of the brief of evidence drawn up by Strike Force Lantle at the time.

“The Commission formed the view that Fox had developed what amounted to an obsession about both the Catholic Church and alleged conspiracies involving senior police. His email communications … revealed a degree of paranoia and self-aggrandisement … In short, he had become a zealot,” the commission found.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

POLICE COVER-UP OF CHILD SEX ABUSE IN SHEFFIELD ‘BIGGER THAN ROTHERHAM’

South-Yorkshire-Police-640x480.jpg

by OLIVER LANE13 Mar 20150

South Yorkshire Police has covered up abuse on a “massive” scale in the former industrial city turned multicultural melting-pot, a retired veteran police officer has claimed, remarking in an interview the abuse was “bigger than Rotherham”.
The revelation by the former officer, who served for thirty years, could be yet another in a long line of emerging child sex scandals in predominantly northern English cities with sizeable Pakistani populations. It is not the first such revelation for South Yorkshire Police, who also failed to detect and prosecute criminal abuse in the city of Rotherham, where 1,400 known girls were trafficked and raped by a network of criminals using take-away shops and minicab firms to enable their activities.

A Sheffield city council employee tasked with tracking child sex abuse has claimed almost 700 children were referred to the police in just two years, but not a single prosecution was made on the back of the information passed to the police.

Retired constable Tony Brooks has come forward with the allegations, and has said South Yorkshire Police have long known that girls as young as twelve – putting them into the most serious category of sex abuse – were being raped, but chose not to act on the information they had, effectively creating a cover-up. Claiming 200 girls were reported to have been abused in just a three year period in the city, he told the BBC “The size of the exploitation was massive in Sheffield.

“We offered to form a unit to continue the work – we offered to advertise our work so girls would come forward. We were told, ‘it’s not going to happen, return to your districts.”

“He said to me, ‘go and spend an hour or two with each girl and find out what’s happened to them and tell them there’s not enough evidence to go on”. The officer refused to follow the order.

Police analyst Gary Birchall, who also spoke to the BBC, expressed his disbelief after he learnt of the extent of the cover-up. He was asked as part of his work to look into a special operation run by the South Yorkshire Police, and paid for by Sheffield city council which was tasked with looking into child sex abuse. He found that despite it having been specifically requested and funded to the tune of £50,000, the operation had been shelved almost immediately with officers reassigned to other work.

He requested a “full investigation” into the failure, but his call went unheeded. Speaking on the matter, he said: “I got a call telling me the operation’s been shelved. I said it can’t be shelved, there’s evidence here that children are being trafficked, being sexually abused. There isn’t a superlative that describes how I felt then or how I feel now. Utter, utter, disbelief.”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...sex-abuse-in-sheffield-bigger-than-rotherham/

focus on the church

dont worry about the big fish

The big fish is actually the small fish in a sense.

The family unit.

More commonly, child sexual abuse was perpetrated by a male relative (other than the victim’s father or stepfather; 30.2%), a family friend (16.3%), an acquaintance or neighbour (15.6%), another known person (15.3%), or the father or stepfather (13.5%; see Figure 1). It should be noted that these totals add to more than 100 percent (103.7%); this indicates that a small proportion of child sexual abuse victims (3.7%) were abused by perpetrators belonging to more than one category.

People have every right to be outraged at these large groups covering things up. However they blindly will never look to their own families who the statistics show are more likely to have hushed up stories of a relative who has abused children in their own family. Because these people only ever appear in religious institutions of course. It could never happen in their own family.

POLICE COVER-UP OF CHILD SEX ABUSE IN SHEFFIELD ‘BIGGER THAN ROTHERHAM’

More NHS stories coming to light as well.

A male nurse has today admitted filming himself raping two unconscious women in A&E - feet away from other patients.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3017893/Nurse-filmed-raping-unconscious-women-E-department-just-yards-patients-faces-jail-admitting-string-horrific-sex-attacks.html#ixzz3VsqwNs1T
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/natio...to-seal-abuse-reports-for-75-years/ar-BBiAMPl

Surviviors of institutional abuse have expressed outrage over Government plans to seal all major industrial school and orphanage investigation records for 75 years.

The move, which also allows for the possible destruction of documents, must now be ratified by the Dáil in a bill which will be brought forward by Education Minister Jan O'Sullivan.

The Irish Independent has learned that the bill has been approved by Cabinet for drafting.

The Retention of Records Bill 2015 will provide for the strict and confidential sealing of documents from the Commission into Child Abuse, the Residential Institutions Redress Board and the Residential Institutions Review Committee.

Tom Cronin of Irish Survivors of Institutional Abuse International said abuse survivors were "shocked and horrified" that the records would be sealed for so long.

"I can understand that these documents are sensitive and that they might need to be sealed for a period of years.

"But why seal them for 75 years? Why not seal them for five or 10 years? By the time they can be accessed again, everyone associated with this most shameful period of Irish history will be long dead. The whole thing won't be anything more than a footnote in history by 2090," he said.

Mr Cronin also expressed concern that, by sealing the documents, the Government may unwittingly frustrate any potential future legal action by abuse survivors.

"Who knows what new evidence or material might arise in the future? That new evidence might prove worthless because the vital supporting documentation will be locked away in a vault for 75 years."

Ms O'Sullivan has defended the Government's position, saying the records are "highly sensitive and contain the personal stories of victims of institutional child abuse".

"I believe that it is important that these records are not destroyed, both to ensure that future generations will understand what happened and out of respect to the victims who came forward," she said.

"By sealing the records for 75 years and ensuring appropriate safeguards on the release of the records thereafter, we are in a position to preserve these sensitive records."

Maeve Lewis, director of charity One In Four, said the bill represented a difficult compromise between those who wanted the records kept as a vital part of Irish history and those who demanded all documentation be destroyed on confidentiality grounds.

"It is a compromise. Our position was that these records had to be preserved as a vital part of Irish history. In fact, we felt that the destruction of these documents would be a crime," she said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back