The Law Royal Commission into Child Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Why anyone still has any faith in our religious and political systems is beyond me. Both are riddled with paedophiles and corruption. The thing that disappoints me most is that the average citizen doesn't seem to give a damn. It's a broken society that is apathetic to the abuse of it's children.

Why anyone still has any faith in our religious and political systems is beyond me. Both are riddled with paedophiles and corruption. The thing that disappoints me most is that the average citizen doesn't seem to give a damn. It's a broken society that is apathetic to the abuse of it's children.

Makes people feel safer I Assume

if 5% of the population have a tendency towards paedophilia, it is not surprising that some are in leadership roles, hiding under noble occupations and working where they can get access to kids.

I don't think we are apathetic towards the abuse of children. I also don't think there is a big conspiracy of cover up by organisations. That doesn't mean that individuals within organisations haven't.

The reality though is most abuse is within the family. This makes the issue so much harder to stop and far more complex.

The other big issue is too many parents put their kids at risk. By that I simply mean; who would leave their kids in the care of a catholic priest or a person who wants to work with kids (scouts, marching girls, etc)? Parents need to think about the risks they are taking whenever they leave their kids in high risk places. I am not blaming the victim, rather I am suggesting prevention is better than any other measure.

I also don't think there is a big conspiracy of cover up by organisations.

A South Australian making this claim is like an astronaut claiming the earth is flat. Seriously.

I only came to post this,but had to call out the bullshit above.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/brandis-secret-meeting-with-pell/vp-AAdeThd

Victims of child sexual abuse, being examined by the Royal Commission, have slammed Federal Attorney-General George Brandis over a secret meeting in Rome he had with Cardinal George Pell, who's long been accused of protecting paedophile priests

Last edited:
So politicans can't talk to people potentially subject to adverse findings in a royal commission?

Must make things difficult at the ALP...

have you heard of the saying "the appearance of impropriety" the simple fact is a member of the government should not be meeting someone who's subject of an investigation or inquiry until its all sorted. More importantly the most senior legal officer not some random polli, But the ******* attorney general should not be secretly meeting key witnesses in a royal commission.

This is equivalent to the minister of defence going out to lunch with the head of defence contractor. You just don't do it. why? Because even if nothing untoward happened there's the capacity for something untoward to happen.

How will it look now if finding fall in favour of pell and the church? The fact is brandis is a moron who's compromised his position as attorney general. this really shouldn't need explaining.

have you heard of the saying "the appearance of impropriety" the simple fact is a member of the government should not be meeting someone who's subject of an investigation or inquiry until its all sorted. More importantly the most senior legal officer not some random polli, But the ******* attorney general should not be secretly meeting key witnesses in a royal commission.

This is equivalent to the minister of defence going out to lunch with the head of defence contractor. You just don't do it. why? Because even if nothing untoward happened there's the capacity for something untoward to happen.

How will it look now if finding fall in favour of pell and the church? The fact is brandis is a moron who's compromised his position as attorney general. this really shouldn't need explaining.

but the minister of defence does meet with contractors

but I do hear your point

if 5% of the population have a tendency towards paedophilia, it is not surprising that some are in leadership roles, hiding under noble occupations and working where they can get access to kids.

I don't think we are apathetic towards the abuse of children. I also don't think there is a big conspiracy of cover up by organisations. That doesn't mean that individuals within organisations haven't.

The reality though is most abuse is within the family. This makes the issue so much harder to stop and far more complex.

The other big issue is too many parents put their kids at risk. By that I simply mean; who would leave their kids in the care of a catholic priest or a person who wants to work with kids (scouts, marching girls, etc)? Parents need to think about the risks they are taking whenever they leave their kids in high risk places. I am not blaming the victim, rather I am suggesting prevention is better than any other measure.

If you take, say the Eng government and the church, is that not two examples?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you take, say the Eng government and the church, is that not two examples?

I have little doubt individuals within those organisations might be scampering. As I mentioned in an above post that 5% of people have these tendencies (god knows how many act upon it).

The church or similar type groups (scouts, girl guides, etc) would attract pedo's as their are loads of kids and parents guards are down as they are leaving their kids with trusted people. It wouldn't surprise me if 25% of some churches have some dark sexual perversion.

But there is a difference between individuals within organisations trying to cover their tracks and an organisational conspiracy.

On a tangent, I find it horrendous many religious organisations have so many sexual deviates (kiddie fiddlers etc) but have the gall to provide advise on sexual, sexual relations and families.......and of all things be anti-gay. I dare say we would be a better world without the existence of some religions and religious organisations.

As I mentioned in an above post that 5% of people have these tendencies (god knows how many act upon it).
That's a pretty specific claim. Do you have a reference? No slight on you, but I haven't seen that figure mentioned.

I have little doubt individuals within those organisations might be scampering. As I mentioned in an above post that 5% of people have these tendencies (god knows how many act upon it).

The church or similar type groups (scouts, girl guides, etc) would attract pedo's as their are loads of kids and parents guards are down as they are leaving their kids with trusted people. It wouldn't surprise me if 25% of some churches have some dark sexual perversion.

But there is a difference between individuals within organisations trying to cover their tracks and an organisational conspiracy.

On a tangent, I find it horrendous many religious organisations have so many sexual deviates (kiddie fiddlers etc) but have the gall to provide advise on sexual, sexual relations and families.......and of all things be anti-gay. I dare say we would be a better world without the existence of some religions and religious organisations.
nailed it

I don't see how.

There is plenty of evidence for systemic coverups by police and pollis in the UK, or schools and childrens homes in Aus.

I'm not doubting you but do you have any links?

I don't see how.

There is plenty of evidence for systemic coverups by police and pollis in the UK, or schools and childrens homes in Aus.
Wasn't there an incident where a senior NSW Police officer who was also on some Catholic Advisory council that didn't report child abuse?

David Ridsdale, the nephew of Ridsdale, told the inquiry hearings in Ballarat that he reported the abuse by his uncle to Cardinal Pell in 1993.
He said Cardinal Pell was not shocked and instead allegedly asked Mr Ridsdale what it would take for him to stay quiet."George then began to talk about my growing family and my need to take care of their needs. He mentioned how I would soon have to buy a car or house for my family," he said

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-...ed-to-bribe-paedophile-victim-inquiry/6484420

Brandis would of known about this before his recent secret meeting in Italy with Pell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back