The Law Royal Commission into Child Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

If, say a commissioner was having dinner with a group of pedo's, or hung with all the Catholic bishops on weekends, had special interests running scout groups for instance, like a pedo version of Dyson Heydon...would he be asked to stand down from the RC or would Tony Abbott be happy for him to be seen as biased and conflicted too?
Is Tony as passionate about railroading Unionists as he is about protecting pedophiles or can one have multiple sinister and anti-social pass-times....?
Would he knowingly have a homophobe frame the wording of a plebiscite for instance?
To implicitly torpedo any chance of his cult masters being offended.

bumpity bump

Lebbo73

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...not-mention-hollingwroth-20151109-gku8nl.html

A solicitor acting for former Governor-General Peter Hollingworth asked a child sex abuse victim to change his testimony to remove all references to her client, a royal commission has heard. On Monday morning, a former St Paul's School student, known only as BSG, told the child sex abuse royal commission Caroline Kirton QC approached his solicitor on the first day of hearings last week and asked him to make "significant" changes to his statement.

Our charming ex-GG, who left office in disgrace, appears to be furiously covering his tracks. Or at least attempting to.

May he rot.

Every time I hear Pells name, I am sickened by his cover ups of the creeps in his church.
How come no mud sticks to him?

because the church(es) are very powerful. too powerful for my liking.

our political parties should unite and ban religions caught covering up criminal activity such as sex crimes

Every time I hear Pells name, I am sickened by his cover ups of the creeps in his church.
How come no mud sticks to him?
Believe me - they are gunning for him and they'll get him in the end. The next 4 weeks of evidence is all based around nailing him. Graeme Sleeman's evidence today was caustic, when they get to Ballarat again Mulkearns, Pell, Nolan and the other creeps will be exposed. It's rough watching/listening but finally it looks like George will get what he deserves.

View attachment 195865

Contra Mundum evo said i should kindly donate this pic to you, actually, I offered to sell it to him on ebay but he was too parsimonious to take up my offer, I said I was not in the business of charity neither
I've used Gunn & Moore cricket bats virtually exclusively all my life - when I saw that I almost jumped on Twitter to tell them it wasn't a good look. George needs to pack six white shirts, six pairs of jocks, a pair of runners - he'll be needing them inside

Believe me - they are gunning for him and they'll get him in the end. The next 4 weeks of evidence is all based around nailing him. Graeme Sleeman's evidence today was caustic, when they get to Ballarat again Mulkearns, Pell, Nolan and the other creeps will be exposed. It's rough watching/listening but finally it looks like George will get what he deserves.

He has rich and powerful friends - everyone hates him other than a few militant Catholic lawyers in the Big Firms and at the Bar. They will do and say anything to obscure and obfuscate for the chosen one. It's sad and absurd. The Diocese of Melbourne has gone harder at victims than virtually anywhere else in the World because of this toxic relationship - but as far as protecting kiddie filddlers Pell's predecessor Frank Little was the undisputed world champ

I've used Gunn & Moore cricket bats virtually exclusively all my life - when I saw that I almost jumped on Twitter to tell them it wasn't a good look. George needs to pack six white shirts, six pairs of jocks, a pair of runners - he'll be needing them inside
I hope that happens because then the real healing will start.

He has rich and powerful friends - everyone hates him other than a few militant Catholic lawyers in the Big Firms and at the Bar. They will do and say anything to obscure and obfuscate for the chosen one. It's sad and absurd. The Diocese of Melbourne has gone harder at victims than virtually anywhere else in the World because of this toxic relationship - but as far as protecting kiddie filddlers Pell's predecessor Frank Little was the undisputed world champ
That's true - but the others knew and did nought - they're building a new prison at Ravenhall - looks like the catholic clergy could fill it by themselves - Pell, Mulkearns, Connors etc, etc. Evil flourishes when good men do nothing- these are not good men - politicians at best. The only faith I have is in the Commissioners and I think you can draw strong inference what they are after. Instead of a bullshit sermon this week they should play some of the dialogue from this week's proceedings - maybe then the remaining sheep might realise that the organisation that they look to for moral guidance is morals bankrupt and that in time as a result of the RC, the same organisation will end up financially in the same place

That's true - but the others knew and did nought - they're building a new prison at Ravenhall - looks like the catholic clergy could fill it by themselves - Pell, Mulkearns, Connors etc, etc. Evil flourishes when good men do nothing- these are not good men - politicians at best. The only faith I have is in the Commissioners and I think you can draw strong inference what they are after. Instead of a bullshit sermon this week they should play some of the dialogue from this week's proceedings - maybe then the remaining sheep might realise that the organisation that they look to for moral guidance is morals bankrupt and that in time as a result of the RC, the same organisation will end up financially in the same place
A creep with a long track record of ruthlessness. Profoundly disliked by Melbourne staff and Catholic congregations. They cheered when he went to Sydney!
Still, to close down a church for the actions of a couple of creeps smacks of the ridiculous. Too many good and thoughtful Micks punished for being innocent.
Maybe some personal prejudice behind that call!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A creep with a long track record of ruthlessness. Profoundly disliked by Melbourne staff and Catholic congregations. They cheered when he went to Sydney!
Still, to close down a church for the actions of a couple of creeps smacks of the ridiculous. Too many good and thoughtful Micks punished for being innocent.
Not personal prejudice - personal experience - tune in and make up your own mind - that's all I'm asking other catholic's to do and look at how it's hierarchy is trying to hide from reality and its moral obligations

Sadly it is more than a couple and even more when you add in those that covered it up.

Not personal prejudice - personal experience - tune in and make up your own mind - that's all I'm asking other catholic's to do and look at how it's hierarchy is trying to hide from reality and its moral obligations
I think it's a given, actually, but just concerned at how we tend to paint all with the same brush. Let's go after the perpetrators and spare the innocent.

As I understand it, the Commissioner can only recommend that charges be laid against an individual or that criminal investigations be pursued against an organisation/church etc. May be wrong on that.

The problem I see is, will the politicians/high ranking coppers possess the will/courage to follow these bastards down their burrows and prosecute them with the full force of the law? Or will the insidious political influence of the churches see this get swept under the carpet and forgotten about as usual?

I just can't see the likes of Pell serving time at all, unfortunately.

As I understand it, the Commissioner can only recommend that charges be laid against an individual or that criminal investigations be pursued against an organisation/church etc. May be wrong on that.

The problem I see is, will the politicians/high ranking coppers possess the will/courage to follow these bastards down their burrows and prosecute them with the full force of the law? Or will the insidious political influence of the churches see this get swept under the carpet and forgotten about as usual?

I just can't see the likes of Pell serving time at all, unfortunately.
I'm reasonably confident there will be enough pressure for charges to be laid eventually - but this isn't going to happen anytime soon and there is a strong possibility that Mulkearns will be dead and in my situation that will mean he gets away with it. Whether anyone actually makes it to the big house is doubtful - Pell will use every trick he has to prevent that. In Chicago the cost of compensation per victim is $1M here it is $46k - big gap - bigger disgrace

I'm reasonably confident there will be enough pressure for charges to be laid eventually - but this isn't going to happen anytime soon and there is a strong possibility that Mulkearns will be dead and in my situation that will mean he gets away with it. Whether anyone actually makes it to the big house is doubtful - Pell will use every trick he has to prevent that. In Chicago the cost of compensation per victim is $1M here it is $46k - big gap - bigger disgrace

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of your personal involvement. Unfortunately I can relate, but due to a family member in my case.

I hope you receive your richly deserved justice without delay.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of your personal involvement. Unfortunately I can relate, but due to a family member in my case.

I hope you receive your richly deserved justice without delay.
Thanks for your thoughts - I've only recently started to deal with what happened to me - for far too many years I denied it - stupidly thinking I had it all covered - eventually everything caved in on me and I had to face up to it and deal with it. What I found to be most distressing was the cover up and the extent of it. I knew if the shifting of Priests but the extent of the knowledge and the inaction is in my view a criminal offence. I went through and did all of my stuff completely unaware of the RC through circumstances. When I listen / read through the witness statements- the correlation with the effects are horrifically similar. The worst thing for me personally (outside of the abuse) is that people within the clergy fully expected that potentially every boy at my school had been abused - yet no one ever made any contact to investigate/ follow up.

Justice McLellan will nail them.

Thanks for your thoughts - I've only recently started to deal with what happened to me - for far too many years I denied it - stupidly thinking I had it all covered - eventually everything caved in on me and I had to face up to it and deal with it. What I found to be most distressing was the cover up and the extent of it. I knew if the shifting of Priests but the extent of the knowledge and the inaction is in my view a criminal offence. I went through and did all of my stuff completely unaware of the RC through circumstances. When I listen / read through the witness statements- the correlation with the effects are horrifically similar. The worst thing for me personally (outside of the abuse) is that people within the clergy fully expected that potentially every boy at my school had been abused - yet no one ever made any contact to investigate/ follow up.

Justice McLellan will nail them.
I too feel for you, I can try and imagine what you have gone through but a long way to how you must have had to deal with it.

So many many stories, so far back and it is only now that it has become public, shameful period in our history.

I too feel for you, I can try and imagine what you have gone through but a long way to how you must have had to deal with it.

So many many stories, so far back and it is only now that it has become public, shameful period in our history.
Thanks - it can't be hidden from view it needs to be front and centre - the effects of what happened are in most cases life sentences and no one gets through life unscathed by it. Talk is cheap - we need some action.

I consider myself fortunate that my Mum's experience with a Catholic education in the 1950s meant that myself, and my brother were kept as far away from the church as possible.

What evidence do you have that abuse rates were lower in non Catholic schools?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back