The Law Royal Commission into Child Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok then.
It's all a beat up.
No Catholic Priest has ever been found guilty of raping or molesting children in their care.
Laugh Out Loud.
Against Pell ffs. Where have I said that kiddie fiddling didn't happen?
I will say it again:
THERE IS NO PROOF SO FAR THAT PELL PROTECTED PEDOPHILES.
I am not trying to cover up or deny pedophilia behaviour. So give it a rest.

At the very least Pell's 'dismissive' attitude to the victims, & seeming 'dont say dont tell' attitude, mark him down as a disgraceful, uncaring, self righteous, self important organisational man.

'Evil ' in their religious parlance, is the word one could fairly use to describe him, his attitude & what he failed to do to help & protect the vulnerable he purports to 'love'.

A man of the cloth? Is his behaviour &/ or omissions excusable in the slightest?

No.

In the truest sense, & applying to animals like Pell, he has no clothes.

Against Pell ffs. Where have I said that kiddie fiddling didn't happen?
I will say it again:
THERE IS NO PROOF SO FAR THAT PELL PROTECTED PEDOPHILES.
I am not trying to cover up or deny pedophilia behaviour. So give it a rest.
You're wrong.
Many have under oath,named him as the Clergy protector.
You lack the backbone to admit it as much as he does.
Your conviction is admirable.
Did you not watch the 60 Minutes episode where he was named on countless times by the victims and their families.
Or perhaps I was just confirmation biasing on that occasion?
I will not give it a rest,nor should anyone else.
Until he faces the Commision,I will drag his filthy name through the primordial mud from which he crawled,or in creationist terms,was formed at the hand of his lord.
Or some such nonsense.
7 days indeed.

At the very least Pell's 'dismissive' attitude to the victims, & seeming 'dont say dont tell' attitude, mark him down as a disgraceful, uncaring, self righteous, self important organisational man.

'Evil ' in their religious parlance, is the word one could fairly use to describe him, his attitude & what he failed to do to help & protect the vulnerable he purports to 'love'.

A man of the cloth? Is his behaviour &/ or omissions excusable in the slightest?

No.

In the truest sense, & applying to animals like Pell, he has no clothes.
Very well put madmug.
Articulate and precise.
:thumbsu:

So,until he admits fault,he is innocent in your eyes?.
I see.
I tend to believe the victims and their families.
Many of whom have spoken out about his involvement in subverting the truth.

Not innocent. Just not guilty according to the laws of the land. If he is found to have covered up the actions of pedophiles, then he deserves to rot in jail!
What laws of the land? He moved a known pedophile from parish to parish, shared a house with him. Wake up!

Pell deserves his presumption of innocence in the same way as Marty Bryant did.
Your postings are always balanced and fair minded Gough, but that is a not a good analogy.

Ultimately damning.

Too many dark and apologist/engaged forces at play in these events.

This news article tells a different story but with a misleading headline:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...s/news-story/961ddb25d53cc036c3d5fe212eec5114

"Cardinal Pell has persistently denied knowing the extent of Ridsdale’s offending or his involvement in any sex abuse cover-up.

There has been no evidence that he knew of Ridsdale’s offending."
That is why I watch the live streaming. Get the story right from the victims and also hear the lies Pell's mates tell.

With thanks to the Sex Pistols some adapted lyrics for the appropriately titled;

"No One is Innocent"

God save Cadinal George and the Catholic Priests on the run,

They wasn't being wicked God, they was only having fun

The thing about bringing the Cardinal before an open session is so that his accusers can eyeball him and Counsel can ask appropriate questions based upon his answers. There are at the least claims he was made aware of cases of abuse and ignored it. He was present at some of Consulters Meetings when Ridsdale was removed suddenly from at least 3 Parishes. He has questions to answer - in person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With thanks to the Sex Pistols some adapted lyrics for the appropriately titled;

"No One is Innocent"

God save Cadinal George and the Catholic Priests on the run,

They wasn't being wicked God, they was only having fun

The thing about bringing the Cardinal before an open session is so that his accusers can eyeball him and Counsel can ask appropriate questions based upon his answers. There are at the least claims he was made aware of cases of abuse and ignored it. He was present at some of Consulters Meetings when Ridsdale was removed suddenly from at least 3 Parishes. He has questions to answer - in person.
I don't think people eyeballing the Cardinal will impact him at all. If he has no empathy than a few death stairs from a few "grumpy", "ungrateful" victims, before he returns to the Vatican palace, will be a temporary inconvenience for him.

If there is a god, lets hope these animals burn in hell.

I don't think people eyeballing the Cardinal will impact him at all. If he has no empathy than a few death stairs from a few "grumpy", "ungrateful" victims, before he returns to the Vatican palace, will be a temporary inconvenience for him.

I'd prefer that he burns in reality,not in some mumbo jumbo religious fantasyland.
He knew and he protected the villains at every step.
He is just as bad if not worse than the culprits.
The many walls of the so called holy vatican cannot protect him.
He will be judged.
You are a spiritually empty human if you believe he is innocent.

I'd prefer that he burns in reality,not in some mumbo jumbo religious fantasyland.
He knew and he protected the villains at every step.
He is just as bad if not worse than the culprits.
The many walls of the so called holy vatican cannot protect him.
He will be judged.
You are a spiritually empty human if you believe he is innocent.
Once again, pure slander with the evidence we have available to us!

If it gives just one victim some satisfaction / relief / peace from the process of eyeballing him, then it is worth it IMO.

It's been well documented that he aided pedo's and shifted them around the country to avoid the issue.
It's also been well documented that he denied and or allayed the accusers with his direct actions.
It's hardly over the top as you say.

Its been well accused. Documented makes it sound like it has been proven. The Royal Commission has not made any finding against him. Nor has any court.

In fact at the moment there is far more evidence that he has done more than any in the Catholic Church to stop the scumbag priests. Though that really doesnt mean much given how little the Church has done to help victims and how much it has done to help priests.

Until we actually see a finding, its a case of people lining up to take shots at him. And even then, we would need to see whether the Commission recommends criminal charges. Which it most likely wont.

Its been well accused. Documented makes it sound like it has been proven. The Royal Commission has not made any finding against him. Nor has any court.

In fact at the moment there is far more evidence that he has done more than any in the Catholic Church to stop the scumbag priests. Though that really doesnt mean much given how little the Church has done to help victims and how much it has done to help priests.

Until we actually see a finding, its a case of people lining up to take shots at him. And even then, we would need to see whether the Commission recommends criminal charges. Which it most likely wont.
Mulkearns avoided criminal charges on a technicality- does that make it right? Remembering that these two people are supposedly significant figures of authority in an organisation that is supposedly some sort of source of morality.

Mulkearns avoided criminal charges on a technicality- does that make it right? Remembering that these two people are supposedly significant figures of authority in an organisation that is supposedly some sort of source of morality.

Well, I take issue with any group deciding morality for others - particularly when they decide those rules dont apply to themselves.

As for Mulkearns, I dont know much about it. Having had a stroke and being too sick to attend an inquiry seems slightly different to your claim that this is how he avoided criminal charges. But as I said, I dont know much about him other than that he and Pell have been linked as 2 people who either deliberately ignored or wilfully ignored serious abuses happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back