Royal Rumble (2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's interesting how all these great Triple H matches are gimmick matches. As I said, Triple H has had some really good matches, but really, I'd say none of it is career or era defining stuff. All the big iconic matches, belong to other wrestlers.

Add in zero innovation regarding in ring moves or in the personality he brought.

No Way Out 2001 three stages of hell vs. Stone Cold says hello. Judgement Day 2000 Iron man match vs The Rock doesn't get much love, but it's up there with some of my personal favorites, the ending could have been a bit better. Summerslam 1998 Ladder match vs. The Rock was pretty good.

All you're doing is proving he needed the pulling power of some of the most iconic wrestlers of all time to drag his middle of the road talent into the spotlight. Take away the roids and he's even less impressive as a package.

All you're doing is proving he needed the pulling power of some of the most iconic wrestlers of all time to drag his middle of the road talent into the spotlight. Take away the roids and he's even less impressive as a package.
clutching_at_straws.jpg

Hold on tight.

If the Mount Rushmore of wrestling was Flair, Hogan, Austin & Rock/Andre there's only 1 in that group better in ring than HHH.
Could probably also argue pre injury Austin also maybe on par but not comprehensivey better.
I like (not love) HHH but wouldn't say he's overrated

Hold on tight.

Yeah nah. No clutching of straws here.

Punk and Bryan could have a regular match and it would be as good as anything HHH ever did and 99% of the time better.

As we've seen with Cena being an arse kissing company man can get you a lot of belts and inflate ones "legacy" when it doesn't actually match the talent.

If the Mount Rushmore of wrestling was Flair, Hogan, Austin & Rock/Andre there's only 1 in that group better in ring than HHH.
Could probably also argue pre injury Austin also maybe on par but not comprehensivey better.
I like (not love) HHH but wouldn't say he's overrated

I assume whoever put up the Mount Rushmore idea was looking at icons of the sport. As far as icons go, once again, HHH isn't in the top 10.

This was the first one that came to mind for me, and unfortunately the only one.

Could not name another "classic" he has been in.

His matches against Lesnar when he returned and String at Wrestlemania were pathetic.

Yeah granted. My point was more that he shouldn't really be considered overrated talent wise. By no means do I consider him legendary or anything.

For what he does in the ring and the accolades he's been handed they guy is way overrated when you consider the amount of belts he's held and the air time that's been given.

Go and look at Michaels and the belts he held, then compare them to HHH. There's no contest as to who was the complete package between those two.

For what he does in the ring and the accolades he's been handed they guy is way overrated when you consider the amount of belts he's held and the air time that's been given.

Go and look at Michaels and the belts he held, then compare them to HHH. There's no contest as to who was the complete package between those two.
No doubt the accolades look out of wack on paper but I dare say that HHH (as a renowned hard worker off screen) probably wasn't doing blow & tarnishing his own legacy between matches for half his career so there's that.
Would also be interesting to see some sort of 'days as title holder' stat between the 2 as opposed to the 'number of titles held' if that's possible.

Would also be interesting to see some sort of 'days as title holder' stat between the 2 as opposed to the 'number of titles held' if that's possible.

according to Wikipedia:
WWE Title:
HHH - 9 reigns, 548 days and counting
HBK - 3 reigns, 396 days

World Heavyweight Title:
HHH - 5 reigns, 616 days
HBK - 1 reign, 28 days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was the first one that came to mind for me, and unfortunately the only one.

Could not name another "classic" he has been in.

His matches against Lesnar when he returned and String at Wrestlemania were pathetic.

Hell in a Cell v Undertaker with HBK as guest referee. Another AMAZING match!

Triple H has been involved in so many classic moments in the last 20 years it's ridiculous. He's definitely in the top 10 of all time.

He's good on the mic, tells a great story in the ring, bumps like a mofo and has one of the best entrances in the game. (no pun intended)

Apparently he didn't like his name mentioned on Raw in that awful Steph/Reigns/Ambrose segment. He may have been on something though...
Looking at his Facebook, I don't think "may" is the correct word :p

love the triple h hate. all the new indy guys everyone wants to ride are in the e because trips wanted them in. also going on and on about punk he was sloppy as ****in the ring that savage elbow drop was a disgrace
And I'd much prefer the guys from NJPW to stay there. So that backfired.

paraphrasing he said he felt like he was in a rut and doing the same thing year after year. moving to a new company/audience and new match ups excite him. also the fact styles and co are going and joe is already there made it easier

Remove this Banner Ad

Back