News Rucci: Travis Boak may or may not renew contract at Port Adelaide (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Really think that any speculation on players family should be left out of these forums.

Speculation and a desire to know "why" is human nature. Asking "why" can still be done respectfully.

Boak has put the family angle out into the media all year long, he could have left the topic of family out of the public forum by maintaining the line "I will decide... " instead of "I will discuss it with my family and then decide".

With Boak putting "family" publicly in the picture, Boak being a PAFC player and potential Captain, and reportedly his Sister being in town to plead her case (for him to return to Victoria)... IMO Port supporters are entitled to respectfully ask and discuss the "why" amongst themselves: be it at work, over a beer at a pub, or on a supporters forum.

Really, you don't think Bucky and Choco didn't meet with Pavlich the week leading up to our game agaist Fremantle in perth, when was it 02 or 03?

Every club does it. Geelong were probably a tad niaive thinking that the 3 highest profile people associated with their club could slip into Adelaide and no one would recognize them.

Never know, maybe they just came over to visit their old mates Sando and Milburn......
Bucky and Choco maybe but not players like Primus and Tredrea or Carr, etc/ Different being officals to a playing group coming over a day after a game.

The media really has sunk to a new low with how they have reported on this whole fiasco.

Meanwhile down the road Big Kurt hasn't signed and we don't even hear a trickle in the ocean...

No need to, Rowey has guaranteed to the big tip_dawg will sign for life, marry a local fillie and get out in the dingy for some Spencer Gulf fishin' with the Rowemiester before sinking into a juicy steak and recording a few corny ads.

Ralph-Malph-happy-days-23357138-600-576_normal.jpg

Rumour RaIph@RumourRaIph
Last ditch effort by the cats yesterday but they went home empty handed. Wont be long now Port Fans.#BoakisPortAdelaide #PAFC

...his Sister being in town to plead her case (for him to return to Victoria)...

I don't think this has actually been established. She may have been here for other reasons.

How would the media - Rucci or Robinson - know what Boak's sister was saying?

All indications to date are that the family has told him to make his own decision, hence the delay. If they had begged him to come back - and if there was some issue as some have been speculating - he would have committed to go back home.

Just to answer my own question ... a mate reminded me this is News Corp we're talking about. A simple bit of phone hacking would do the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speculation and a desire to know "why" is human nature. Asking "why" can still be done respectfully.

Boak has put the family angle out into the media all year long, he could have left the topic of family out of the public forum by maintaining the line "I will decide... " instead of "I will discuss it with my family and then decide".

With Boak putting "family" publicly in the picture, Boak being a PAFC player and potential Captain, and reportedly his Sister being in town to plead her case (for him to return to Victoria)... IMO Port supporters are entitled to respectfully ask and discuss the "why" amongst themselves: be it at work, over a beer at a pub, or on a supporters forum.

You inferred that his sister is an AFL groupie and questioned her motivation. You must have a different understanding of the word "respectfully" than I do.

The media really has sunk to a new low with how they have reported on this whole fiasco.

Meanwhile down the road Big Kurt hasn't signed and we don't even hear a trickle in the ocean...

And Kurt has actually been quoted as putting off his signing until the end of the season, unlike Boak.

Oh well. We spent all of last year listening to how Trengove and Butcher are leaving and then Davis and Gunston left. The karma bus might just strike again, Crowvertiser.

You inferred that his sister is an AFL groupie and questioned her motivation. You must have a different understanding of the word "respectfully" than I do.

Tone mis-interpretation? There is nothing wrong with asking that question and discussing it. We do at work, we do with family/friends, and we do here.

He's not the 1st person to have family issues whilst at PAFC. If our future Captain were to leave PAFC due to the pleads from his family/Sister I wouldn't be alone in wanting to know why... or in wanting to discuss it with other Port supporters.

link

"He actually met a girl here as well, he's sort of been seeing her for a bit.

"I'm not really sure (if she's officially his 'girlfriend'), he keeps it pretty close to his chest"

link

Best.. chick.. ever..

Not a bad interview either, some interesting insights from Brett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back