Rumour Rugby League player filmed simulating sex with a dog

Remove this Banner Ad

for sure - I never said it was -

Just that if it was a 'nobody' then we wouldn't see it..

that's all

Yeah, I agree with that. There is even a little example of that in this incident. One of his mates tries to pass him (Pearce) off as an Indigenous, yet we haven't heard much about that. Why? Because his mate isn't famous.

It didn't look good. Actually, it didn't even look as if he knew her. I don't like it, that is just my opinion. It puts her in a very difficult position (to say no, rack off), whether it is actually force or not (I am not sure, but I think it is), legally it's probably not. But, even if I was willing to accept that it wasn't force, it is still disrespectful. Not to mention, you can catch STI's just from kissing (something she didn't get a choice in). Not good Mitchell.

Don't like people trying to kiss people? STI's from kissing? Haha, oooooookay

Don't like people trying to kiss people? STI's from kissing? Haha, oooooookay

Oral herpes, think it's actually an STD. It is possible to transmit through kissing. I remember reading up on it because Janet Jackson wanted Tupac Shakur to get tested for STD's prior to their kissing scene in Poetic Justice. So it is legit. Pearce would go through a lot of women as well, I wouldn't want that guy anywhere near my sisters. But, that aside, he shouldn't have done what he did IMO. Now, that is only my opinion. So, I will leave it at that and stop boring everyone with the back and forth. Good day.

Oral herpes, think it's actually an STD. It is possible to transmit through kissing. I remember reading up on it because Janet Jackson wanted Tupac Shakur to get tested for STD's prior to their kissing scene in Poetic Justice. So it is legit. Pearce would go through a lot of women as well, I wouldn't want that guy anywhere near my sisters. But, that aside, he shouldn't have done what he did IMO. Now, that is only my opinion. So, I will leave it at that and stop boring everyone with the back and forth. Good day.

You sound fun man! All the best. And no kissing!!

He's certainly a 'victim' (and I use that term very loosely) of having a high-profile job - There would've been plenty of tradies/lawyers/cleaners/cops who probably belted someone / forced themselves onto somene over the weekend that were not filmed and will not have to worry about losing their profession...
I dare say that a lot of bosses in various industries would take action if they saw a video like this involving one of their employees on social media.

It didn't look good. Actually, it didn't even look as if he knew her. I don't like it, that is just my opinion. It puts her in a very difficult position (to say no, rack off), whether it is actually force or not (I am not sure, but I think it is), legally it's probably not. But, even if I was willing to accept that it wasn't force, it is still disrespectful. Not to mention, you can catch STI's just from kissing (something she didn't get a choice in). Not good Mitchell.
Gee people are over reacting. I dont want any forcing themselves on anyone but that was hardly what happened here. We didnt see what happened just before the kiss to put it in context, she didnt put up any resistance, she made what I assume is a joke immediately after saying she was a lesbian and with a minute or so when the men were leaving she was suggesting one should stay and then directly asking if he would stay. There were phone numbers being exchanged also which may have been for her but that wasn't clear.

She didn't appear upset by the kiss and there is no risk of her contracting an STI by a closed kiss on the lips. Oral herpes aside.

Last edited:
I dare say that a lot of bosses in various industries would take action if they saw a video like this involving one of their employees on social media.
So we should be out there campaigning to have all adulterers, unfaithful partners, people who get into fights, people who visit prostitutes while in a relationship, any perpetrators of domestic violence etc etc in short anyone who behaves in an undesirable fashion in a private setting to lose their jobs or be sanctioned by their workplace.

Since when did people start believing a boss had such a right to be involved in their employees private lives. Such sanctions are much more likely to exacerbate the social problems someone may have. Just doesn't make sense to me.

So we should be out there campaigning to have all adulterers, unfaithful partners, people who get into fights, people who visit prostitutes while in a relationship, any perpetrators of domestic violence etc etc in short anyone who behaves in an undesirable fashion in a private setting to lose their jobs or be sanctioned by their workplace.

No one here is complaining about people visiting prostitutes or being unfaithful, and for the average Joe Blow, acting in an undesirable manner isn't going to cost them their job. But surely you can see that sportsman, business people, and celebrities are held to a higher standard, as they are representing their employer on a larger scale (people know their names, look up to them, companies use them to sell products, market them, etc). The only time these issues become relevant to the average Australian (losing their job over these problems), is if they become successful, and well known. Then they are likely to become targets. But even then, I don't think they will cop grief over a visit to the hookers, or an indiscretion like cheating. The only guy I can think of copping grief over a visit to the hookers is Craig Thompson, and that was only because he did so at the expense of others.

My point about the unfaithful partners etc is more along the lines if we want to be the moral police of others behaviour surely Pearces "crimes" are at a lower level on the scale than the other offences. This was largely victimless and was just a bloke making a fool of himself. we don't know the full circumstances but i would guess no one is as damaged as much compared to most of the other circumstances I described.

As to the sportsman , business person and celebrity argument I disagree. I reckon people should be judged equally as a rule. If a person is sponsored by some one and misbehaves in public yes the sponsor or team if its a team sponsorship could have a case. Filming people , no matter who they are, in a private setting is different for mine. As a society I think we should be outraged by the cult of celebrity time we live in that makes people and organisations like 9/ACA think that airing videos like that is fair game.

My point about the unfaithful partners etc is more along the lines if we want to be the moral police of others behaviour surely Pearces "crimes" are at a lower level on the scale than the other offences. This was largely victimless and was just a bloke making a fool of himself. we don't know the full circumstances but i would guess no one is as damaged as much compared to most of the other circumstances I described.

As to the sportsman , business person and celebrity argument I disagree. I reckon people should be judged equally as a rule. If a person is sponsored by some one and misbehaves in public yes the sponsor or team if its a team sponsorship could have a case. Filming people , no matter who they are, in a private setting is different for mine. As a society I think we should be outraged by the cult of celebrity time we live in that makes people and organisations like 9/ACA think that airing videos like that is fair game.

I personally am far more offended that some lowlife filmed this and within 24 hours had sold it to the highest bidding trash journo, than by what Pearce did. It is a much sadder reflection on what society has become than some meat head making a fool of himself.

I personally am far more offended that some lowlife filmed this and within 24 hours had sold it to the highest bidding trash journo, than by what Pearce did. It is a much sadder reflection on what society has become than some meat head making a fool of himself.
Absolutely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am perhaps cynically approaching this from a different angle. Two things first, Pearce acts like a Richard Edward and needs to have a look at himself but it's no reason for him to lose his livelihood and ACA is a rubbish show and always stoops to accomodate the lowest common denominator.

A couple of other things I have asked myself

What happened immediately before he kissed the girl, what was the context of that and why was someone already filming these events

Was there any thought in the person filming that they were doing it to get something on film that they could then use, was there any set up here to try and get something on tape that could be used

It would seem the girls in the home ( we don't know if any of the men lived there or were already known to them) don't know the guys that well, asking their names etc. how did these guys get back there, were they invited. Any comments on the wisdom of these girls inviting a bunch of big strong drunken males back to their place at the end of the night. If I am reading this correctly it could have ended much worse than this and it may be politically incorrect to say this but girls what were you thinking. Maybe it was a guy who bought them back. The girl who wanted them out handled it well.

As to racial and gay comments made I am going to assume it was the girl who got kissed who started that off. My assumption is she isn't gay. What was said immediately before he kissed her we don't know, she didn't make any great resistance to the kiss and then makes the lesbian reference as a bit of a joke. Shortly after when the guys are leaving she is the one saying about one of the others "no we want that one to stay" and then directly to the guy "will you stay with us" or words to that effect. There seemed to be an exchange of phone numbers occurring as they all left.

So this wasn't a shocking situation, it was someone being a real DH and the leaving pretty shortly after being asked. The girl who was kissed was clearly not feeling molested or anything as she was the one trying to get at least one of the guys to stay and the dog didn't care less

Real molehill into a mountain. ACA and the person who filmed it are the real culprits here.

Completely over the top reaction. Yeah he's a dickhead and frankly needs to stop drinking full stop (like his father). But selling that video for $60,000? I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did try to set him up, but it's one of the tamest scandals ever.

Since when did people start believing a boss had such a right to be involved in their employees private lives. Such sanctions are much more likely to exacerbate the social problems someone may have. Just doesn't make sense to me.
I personally agree and couldn't give a s**t what people do in their personal lives.

However, as an employee of a company, you are an extension and representation of that business (rightly or wrongly) and acting like a tit on video can draw negative publicity to your employer, even more so if you're at a prominent workplace like a football club. This isn't this bloke's first offence and while I don't necessarily think he should be sacked, I don't see why he shouldn't face repercussions. Especially considering he's their captain... Imagine if a high level executive of a bank, with priors, was caught in the same situation. I would think the same questions would be asked of his position.

Lol - that is ******* awesome. Probably done to protect the innocent.
Don't laugh, the dog is in the witness protection program.

He's the only survivor from the serial dog killer known as rompingwins.

Pearce is probably an entitled idiot. But why are NRL players worse behaved than AFL ones? Is it the culture, their backgrounds? Or something else.

Concussion is a huge issue in the US and the AFL have been on the front foot quicker than the NRL (they've started to catch up).

At some point it's at least worth asking if Pearce is an idiot due to the off field culture of the NRL or the on field culture of the NRL. If he's had multiple concussions (which he probably has, diagnosed or not) then that could be a cause for his behaviour. The NRL should be thinking about that not just banning him.

At some point it's at least worth asking if Pearce is an idiot due to the off field culture of the NRL or the on field culture of the NRL.

I'd suggest there is far more of a pissup is good for team morale attitude in the NRL than there is in the AFL.

The incident happened 3 weeks before his team play in the World Club Challenge, yet

The players had been on a club-sanctioned harbour cruise on Australia Day before going to the Royal Oak in Woollahra, where they were given Cabcharge cards from Roosters officials and told to go home. But Pearce and new recruits Dale Copley and Jayden Nikorima continued partying.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...g-to-video-20160129-gmh8w1.html#ixzz3ydZaeOk1

Doesn't mean than alcohol is never an issue in the AFL, but I think it would be very unlikely for AFL having a club booze up 3 weeks out from their first game.

Pearce is probably an entitled idiot. But why are NRL players worse behaved than AFL ones? Is it the culture, their backgrounds? Or something else.

Concussion is a huge issue in the US and the AFL have been on the front foot quicker than the NRL (they've started to catch up).

At some point it's at least worth asking if Pearce is an idiot due to the off field culture of the NRL or the on field culture of the NRL. If he's had multiple concussions (which he probably has, diagnosed or not) then that could be a cause for his behaviour. The NRL should be thinking about that not just banning him.
I don't think that NRL players are any worse behaved than AFL players looking back at the last 12 months and whats gone on.
Another thing i would say is that IMO that Melbourne based journos are a Lilly Livered lot, probably due IMO of fear of losing their AFL accreditation and don't report other incidents that are swept under the AFL rug.

read up about his father.
Tell me if you think he'd raise an "entitled idiot"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back