Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

0.jpg

Has anyone played Rugby League Live 3 yet?

What's the create-a-team like? Is it pretty comprehensive? Any pitfalls?

I'm playing Madden at the moment and the lack of create-a-team is really disappointing, despite the game being excellent.

Has anyone played Rugby League Live 3 yet?

What's the create-a-team like? Is it pretty comprehensive? Any pitfalls?

I'm playing Madden at the moment and the lack of create-a-team is really disappointing, despite the game being excellent.
RLL3 is pretty comprehensive in terms of creation. It's done by Big Ant who really are pushing this FanHub concept. The logo creation is non-existent unfortunately, but the jersey creator is quite good. RLL2's player editor was much better IMO though, all the creations in RLL3 tend to look alike for some reason, but apart from that it's pretty well stocked. Only pitfall in team creation is the jersey layer limit and that each club can only have 8(?) jerseys I'd say. Maddens creator used to be sick, but the prev-gen creator left a lot to be desired from the Madden 05 days anyway.

RLL3 is pretty comprehensive in terms of creation. It's done by Big Ant who really are pushing this FanHub concept. The logo creation is non-existent unfortunately, but the jersey creator is quite good. RLL2's player editor was much better IMO though, all the creations in RLL3 tend to look alike for some reason, but apart from that it's pretty well stocked. Only pitfall in team creation is the jersey layer limit and that each club can only have 8(?) jerseys I'd say. Maddens creator used to be sick, but the prev-gen creator left a lot to be desired from the Madden 05 days anyway.

8 jerseys is plenty! What's the limit, curiously? Am I going to be able to make the sorts of things I made in my SARL portfolio?

8 jerseys is plenty! What's the limit, curiously? Am I going to be able to make the sorts of things I made in my SARL portfolio?
Probably not mate, I struggled to come up with stuff with 6 layers plus a base colour. You do have 13 templates to work with, including a sleeveless template.

I'm working on something atm using the BLK template, and while it's not comprehensive you can see some of the options/limits you have to work with. Also, 8 jerseys is a lot until you consider some NRL clubs have 4 or 5 jerseys by default so if you want to add a few custom heritage or fantasy designs you don't have much room to work with.
comp.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're a gem rabbitoh21 , thanks for that. The images illustrate what I was looking for perfectly

I'll be grabbing this on my way home from work. I loosely follow the Panthers but i'll be creating my own team and using them most likely.

You're a gem rabbitoh21 , thanks for that. The images illustrate what I was looking for perfectly

I'll be grabbing this on my way home from work. I loosely follow the Panthers but i'll be creating my own team and using them most likely.
Have a play around with the jerseys. If you buy the PC version, rugby league games are NOTORIOUSLY EASY to mod. Ask Chibi and Klim, they know where it's at ;) Also check out the BigAnt forums, there's heaps of help there. Keep in mind the sponsors you can add to custom jerseys are similar to Don Bradman Cricket (shoutout to Mosaic Airlines and Cadastral)

Just found this review:
Rugby League Live 3 is the best NRL game ever released

Whaddya reckon Rabs? The folks at Sidhe must be spitting chips. chuhpps :p
RL2 was great in terms of gameplay, RL1 was good for 2003 and an NZ company. RL3 was never gonna have a chance because it was Wii exclusive. RLL1 was poor, RLL2 was better than RL2 purely because it had most of the mechanics from RL2 but with next gen improvements and graphics and creation yadayada. RLL3 is definitely a step above RLL3. The Sidhe days are well and truly gone mate, time to move on. Just wish that there was more attention to detail in some of the graphics in RLL3 (e.g. the old ANZ Stadium logo).

Despite all the modding I did, I always thought the Sidhe games were mediocre and showed no real improvement. I'm glad Big Ant took over the RL series, they've generally listened to the fans and tried to improve each time.

Despite all the modding I did, I always thought the Sidhe games were mediocre and showed no real improvement. I'm glad Big Ant took over the RL series, they've generally listened to the fans and tried to improve each time.
RL2 was the status quo until RLL2. RL2's cutout passing (the one botched feature in RLL3 funnily enough) is far and away my favourite system of any rugby league or union game. That alone made it the best. It's only taken 10 years to top it ;)

Also here's my player in the game and a custom jersey
View attachment 174720
I've managed to approximate my SARL Port Adelaide Dolphins kit. Not perfect, and I totally get what you mean about layer limitations. It's similar to the layer system to when I used to play Pro Evo Soccer.

Forgive the giant image, I'm on my phone.

zLlBnla.jpg

mnWBtOU.png

I remember a gazillion intercepts thrown in RLL2
Not as bad in this game. Just put a few together in some Nines games against another player though (local multiplayer).

I've managed to approximate my SARL Port Adelaide Dolphins kit. Not perfect, and I totally get what you mean about layer limitations. It's similar to the layer system to when I used to play Pro Evo Soccer.

Forgive the giant image, I'm on my phone.

zLlBnla.jpg

mnWBtOU.png
Close enough ;) Still looks good. Redcliffe badge yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back