Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Leeds Rhinos and Wakefield Wildcats have released special edition Christmas kits that they will be wearing when they square off at for the Tetley’s Festive Challenge on Boxing Day.
Wildcats-Christmas-Shirt-2014.jpg
Leeds-Rhinos-Boxing-Day-Shirt-2014.jpg

Leeds-Rhinos-Festive-Shirt-2014.jpg

Leeds Rhinos and Wakefield Wildcats have released special edition Christmas kits that they will be wearing when they square off at for the Tetley’s Festive Challenge on Boxing Day.

Don't know if I like them or hate them.

These are the new Western Force jerseys 2015. Made by BLK, the Force’s 10th anniversary SR uniforms were officially unveiled on 16th December, 2014.

Force’s new home jersey features on the iconic swan on the front and has gold trim and black panels under the arm (colours of WA). The change shirt is white in colour, as can be seen in the pics below.

New-Western-Force-Jersey-2015.jpg
Western-Force-Away-Rugby-Shirt-2015.jpg
Western-Force-10th-Anniversary-Jersey-2015.jpg
Western-Force-Home-Shirt-2015.jpg
Names-on-Back-of-Western-Force-Jersey-2015.jpg
Western-Force-Away-Jersey-2015.jpg

mtwellington

Debutant
Oct 1, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

As a NZ Warriors fan I thank both clubs for having a jersey thats far more ridiculous than anything my club has ever produced lol. Thank you Leeds and Wildcats...

As a NZ Warriors fan I thank both clubs for having a jersey thats far more ridiculous than anything my club has ever produced lol. Thank you Leeds and Wildcats...
It really isn't ridiculous. Its all in a good spirit.

Nines Jerseys Inspirations.

CANBERRA RAIDERS

The Canberra Raiders’ Auckland Nines jersey comes from the success the Raiders had during the 80s-90s and shows once the Green Machine gets going it can’t be stopped!

The Green Machine tag was first applied to the Canberra Raiders in 1987, as part of the Club’s theme song titled “The Green Machine”. Coincidentally, the Raiders reached their first ever Premiership Grand Final in the same year v Manly and this song still is the Club’s Official Theme Song.

In the late 80’s, early 1990’s the Raiders team comprised household names including Meninga, Daley, Stuart, Clyde, Lazarus and Walters just to name a few, with the national capital outfit performing like a well-oiled machine more often than not, claiming 3 premiership titles and 2 runner up finishes in 8 seasons (i.e. 1987-1994).

MANLY SEA EAGLES

The Manly Sea Eagles’ Auckland Nines jersey was inspired by their renowned Northern Beaches lifestyle. The 2015 Auckland Nines Jersey celebrates their love for the beachside culture the Manly Warringah region has to offer. This love for the coastline has resulted in many local residents forging athletic careers that have seen them soar to be the best in the world such as Layne Beachley and Barton Lynch (Surfing) and Kerrie Pottharst (Beach Volleyball) just to name a few. This jersey gives the Sea Eagles an opportunity to showcase the Northern Beaches lifestyle on an international stage.

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

The Newcastle Knights' Auckland Nines jersey concept was conceived by imagining a set of plate armour and draws inspiration from the 18th century French horse Carabiner units which rose to prominence during the Napoleonic War. These elite heavy cavalry units boosted morale for their allies and struck fear in their foes when on the battlefield.

NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS

The North Queensland Cowboys’ Auckland Nines jersey incorporates a series of Chevrons, indicating their rank and commitment to the League, generating a series of links that form the bond between the team.

SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS

Last year South Sydney Auckland Nines jersey was based on Australian Indigenous jersey. This year the design pays homage to the Pacific Islands Indigenous community. The design is inspired by the Koru symbol which is featured strongly in Maori culture, including decorations on tombs, monuments, meeting houses, as well as jewellery, carved wood, painting and celebratory paraphernalia.

ST GEORGE DRAGONS

The St George Dragons’ Auckland Nines jersey represents the heart and soul of the jersey. Symbolising Strength and Power.

SYDNEY ROOSTERS

The Sydney Roosters’ Auckland Nines jersey incorporates a traditional horizontal striped design, predominantly navy, with single white stripes surrounded by red stripes on either side, influenced by the order of the 'V' as per their Home jersey. The jersey worn in the first premiership season consisted of several hoops; red stripes dominated over consecutive smaller white and blue stripes. Although the width and the order of these stripes changed, the basic design has always been maintained.

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WACA, Western Force, Arsenal, Glory
I'll be very interested to see real pictures of the Melbourne Storm heritage and the Queensland Reds away; I've been trawling BLK but had no luck yet.

bigleague

All Australian
Apr 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure if posted... Broncos Away.
brisbane-broncos-away.jpg
that looks fake, looks like the 2014 home jersey with a blurred line to look like the gradient and some quick colour changes of the nike & NRMA sponsorship, I think the away wont change except for NRMA being integrated to get rid of the despised white box.

19467-brisbane-broncos-2014-mens-away-jersey-740.jpg

bigleague

All Australian
Apr 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
that looks fake, looks like the 2014 home jersey with a blurred line to look like the gradient and some quick colour changes of the nike & NRMA sponsorship, I think the away wont change except for NRMA being integrated to get rid of the despised white box.

19467-brisbane-broncos-2014-mens-away-jersey-740.jpg
Turns out it's not fake and the blurred line replaces the gradient in order to make the sponsor still stand out enough without the white box.

IMG_1295_mod_zps651c4396.png

deanjrobinson

Rookie
Mar 8, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Melbourne away and heritage jerseys.
melbourne-storm-away.jpg

Really like that away jersey, although it would be even better without the gradients on the hoops.

But that sponsor placement is ordinary. If they insist on the big navy box, could they at least centre it so that it doesn't look like it was ironed on by a five-year-old?

Better yet, integrate it. They navy triangle/wing bits give the perfect spot to 'break' the centre hoop, and insert the sponsor. I'd also argue that it makes the sponsor more visible.

storm-away-2015-1.jpg

Really like that away jersey, although it would be even better without the gradients on the hoops.

But that sponsor placement is ordinary. If they insist on the big navy box, could they at least centre it so that it doesn't look like it was ironed on by a five-year-old?

Better yet, integrate it. They navy triangle/wing bits give the perfect spot to 'break' the centre hoop, and insert the sponsor. I'd also argue that it makes the sponsor more visible.

storm-away-2015-1.jpg
How about no box and more concentration on the design?
Storm Away.png

Back