Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
who cares if they take 30 marks in 1 game, if they cant ususally kick straight what is it worth then?, boyd is dunstall like, goes back and bam kick straight through what more could you ask for?

Maybe not constructing an entire forward line around one 19 year old kid being expected to do all the heavy loading? That is the scenario most people here seem to forget. It's not that I don't like Boyd, but he has no legitimate runs on the board to justify what some people here want to pay.

AndrewVadermk2

All Australian
May 9, 2014
Patrick Cripps. :)
AFL Club
Carlton
Maybe not constructing an entire forward line around one 19 year old kid being expected to do all the heavy loading? That is the scenario most people here seem to forget. It's not that I don't like Boyd, but he has no legitimate runs on the board to justify what some people here want to pay.
you clearly might have forgotton about menzel too. it happens but i forgive you

Azul

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 22, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
So effectively Pick 5 + Levi + Garlett for Boyd?

Once upon a time we traded Kennedy (former pick 4) and picks 3 and 20.

But at least Judd had played 100 games AND won a Brownlow AND a Norm Smith Medal AND captained a premiership team.

Boyd has done none of those things. If we get this trade wrong, it will set the club back years.

But at least Judd had played 100 games AND won a Brownlow AND a Norm Smith Medal AND captained a premiership team.

Boyd has done none of those things. If we get this trade wrong, it will set the club back years.
No more than wasting pick 5 on a bust.

AndrewVadermk2

All Australian
May 9, 2014
Patrick Cripps. :)
AFL Club
Carlton

some have suggested we got the judd trade wrong but yeah all good

Arguably pick 5 by itself could turn out to be better than Boyd.

Maybe my man-love for big Levi is too strong. Structurally I think we need more talls than an upgrade, so would prefer to keep.
I'm looking at it as a quality over quantity perspective.

No1Suspect

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2010
In the shadows
AFL Club
Carlton
You have to give quality to get quality.

Casbolt is capable and I won't be sad to keep him but he can take all the marks in the world kicking 1.19 won't win us a flag

I don't want Cas in the forward 50 he is a Roaming CHF contested marking machine/2nd ruck, our deficiency is a pure FF. We trade Casboult on top of potentially losing Waite and we are going to brake down dramatically Boyd or not. Hendo doesn't clunk them like Casboult.

Like I said we have the CHF possie sorted, giving that up for the FF doesn't leave us any better off imo.... Also Cas clunking them around the ground helps out the mids as they are not competing at every single contest for possession.

I don't want Cas in the forward 50 he is a Roaming CHF contested marking machine/2nd ruck, our deficiency is a pure FF. We trade Casboult on top of potentially losing Waite and we are going to brake down dramatically Boyd or not. Hendo doesn't clunk them like Casboult.

Like I said we have the CHF possie sorted, giving that up for the FF doesn't leave us any better off imo.... Also Cas clunking them around the ground helps out the mids as they are not competing at every single contest for possession.
I don't see Casbolt as very hard to replace.

I won't be upset to keep him but Boyd would be worth it. I wouldn't be throwing so much at many other talls in the game.

Cas has currency and isn't the be all and end all of our team make up.

Losing Waite and cas replacing with Boyd and a draft pick would be fair IMO.
What if Waite's decision to stay is because he would feel more required if Cas left?

No1Suspect

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2010
In the shadows
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't see Casbolt as very hard to replace.

I won't be upset to keep him but Boyd would be worth it. I wouldn't be throwing so much at many other talls in the game.

Cas has currency and isn't the be all and end all of our team make up.

Losing Waite and cas replacing with Boyd and a draft pick would be fair IMO.
What if Waite's decision to stay is because he would feel more required if Cas left?

Recon it's simply a matter of X amount of years for Waite, I mean North Melbourne... Really??

I do see what your saying, but I wouldn't be holding my breath though for instance a Jaksch becoming a marker like Casboult...

Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
Did you say Quentin or Quinten ???

upload_2014-8-27_14-22-1.jpeg
upload_2014-8-27_14-23-26.jpeg
LYNCH%20Quinten.png

Status
Not open for further replies.