Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
The talk about trading Levi seems driven by the rumour that the club is unwilling to match a $500k pa offer that another club/s have put on the table. Not may seemed to want to trade him prior to that.

I don't know that many actually want to see him traded out but if the figures being thrown around are right then it's a case of the club will have no choice but to do a deal to trade him.

Don't you just need a gun?

Well you need a lot of guns, and people to wield them, people to pay for them, various forms of support staff, people to organise them, a piece of land everyone (or almost everyone) agrees is yours, a flag, an anthem, some sportspeople and a mighty loud opinion on everything.

That is if you want to matter

The Flying Doormat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2008
Carrickalinga
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tranmere Rovers
Well you need a lot of guns, and people to wield them, people to pay for them, various forms of support staff, people to organise them, a piece of land everyone (or almost everyone) agrees is yours, a flag, an anthem, some sportspeople and a mighty loud opinion on everything.

Then you post it on Bigfooty :D

Nov 1, 2013
Cabal headquarters
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wouldn't dare...
Hey Bluella , dont you have a degree in that area ?
Not exactly but my studies have been in that vicinity - undergrad in international studies (effectively globalisation and related stuff) and doing my post grad in politics. Looks like I'm taking the circuitous route to the same result, though! Which reminds me, I really need to start on my final assessment for this unit.

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
Not exactly but my studies have been in that vicinity - undergrad in international studies (effectively globalisation and related stuff) and doing my post grad in politics. Looks like I'm taking the circuitous route to the same result, though! Which reminds me, I really need to start on my final assessment for this unit.
I know the feeling!
Good luck with the assessment too. :thumbsu:

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
No, he would be a great player to have on your list if he could kick. Right now, he is a good player because his hands are just about the best in the AFL, he works hard all over the pitch and he can relief ruck.

I don't underestimate the relief rucking ability but it's hardly a deal breaker

His marking is good but if argue it is close to meaningless if he can't kick

And while he works hard he is slow and rather unco as the embarrassing effort in the goal square last week showed

If he was that good the club would have signed him up by now

Nov 5, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
There can be only 1

You must be right as that is exactly what ISIS have done.

AndrewVadermk2

All Australian
May 9, 2014
Patrick Cripps. :)
AFL Club
Carlton

Writing something down is a positive reinforcement in remembering and learning. Well done BAS and good luck with the exams.

AndrewVadermk2

All Australian
May 9, 2014
Patrick Cripps. :)
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't underestimate the relief rucking ability but it's hardly a deal breaker

His marking is good but if argue it is close to meaningless if he can't kick

And while he works hard he is slow and rather unco as the embarrassing effort in the goal square last week showed

If he was that good the club would have signed him up by now
i get the feeling he was always going to be trade bait regaardless, the fact we have interest is bonus land dream time happy mode for all type of get up bam bam!

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I think what you're saying is we stand to get a decent return from any Levi trade? Which is probably right

Look the thing with Levi is Yes he took a bit of a quantum leap this year BUT his kicking is still a major issue. Now he's changed his style but that change has brought with it a whole new issue - the Buddy arc of sorts.

Can you seriously put your hand on your heart and say he will be a reliable kick in 2-3 years? I'm
Not sure I can. There's a lot of doubt there

Only time will tell

And the reality is are we prepared to overpay him just to retain him? Surely you pay what he's worth

He is not worth $500k

Higgins and Thomas at least have runs on the board

Will be very interesting to see how it plays out with Levi and also Robbo, Jeff, Waite, Lucas and Warnock

Geez that is a lot of possible trade activity

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Have a global societies class for my study at the moment. Being a slightly conservative, mature age (nearly 30) student in a class full of young starry-eyed Greens lovers makes the tutorials akin to pulling teeth.

And if I hear the word Globalisation again.....:mad:

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Have a global societies class for my study at the moment. Being a slightly conservative, mature age (nearly 30) student in a class full of young starry-eyed Greens lovers makes the tutorials akin to pulling teeth.

how about climate change? does that get a bit of run?

TOOs_Finest

Norm Smith Medallist
Richmond Tigers - 2013 Player Sponsor Minecraft
Mar 2, 2009
East of Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Desire
Levi will stay at Carlton, but may go to Pies, Dogs, Roos, Bombers, Cats, Power, Dockers, Saints, Eagles, Tigers, Hawks, Swans, Giants, Suns, Lions, Crows or Dees. Watch this space.

Can't they just like, handcuff him to something? :)

teknodeejay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Arsenal
If Casboult could kick he'd be worth $600k, because he's an excellent marker of the ball.

But given that a competition to hit the side of a barn three times in a row between he and Travis Cloke would have us all waiting around for hours before someone actually did it, he could not be worth more than $400k.

Nov 1, 2013
Cabal headquarters
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wouldn't dare...

It's even better when the 'tutor' is at least 10 years younger than you and not especially bright.

You have this RWDB's deepest sympathy. Not that we have any of course.

Last edited:

been there mate.

They couldnt figure out why we couldnt negotiate with the Japanese in WW2 or visit the al qaeda embassy

I once had a first year Uni student tell me Tianamen Square was in Adelaide.

Not a lot of difference between Tiananmen Square and Rundle Mall when it comes to getting tanked.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I still can't my head around the speculation that the Bulldogs are prepared to pay Casboult $500k per year. Amazing number for someone who really is yet to prove his worth at AFL level.
If Levi was a FA it would get us an end of first round compo pick or maybe even a pick after our first if it's a long term deal :p

invinciBlues

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Dylan Buckley Bandwagon
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
What is a likely offering from Whitten Oval for Casboult though? If we're that keen on Higgins we'd probably get him through FA, could we maybe pry Talia away from them?

Drop it. Drop it! Good doggie, who's a good doggie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back