Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugh, pls no - he stinks.

BTW, I don't think any Swans fans, when talking about Everitt, said anything like what the Dees board have said about Blease over the past few years.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree :)

There's a time and a place to leave a player on the bench all game in order to teach them a lesson. Somewhere around the 1970s.
Not in 2009. Not in a Grand Final. If that's really what he was doing then he's a worse coach than I give him credit for.

Ball didn't win them a flag the year before because he spent less than 50% time on ground. While St Kilda were getting smashed in stoppages in the last quarter (where Ball does his best work) Ball sat on the bench all quarter watching his team get overrun.

Why would he win them a flag the next year? Well take one of the better players out of one team & give them to their opponent. Then play the game & it's a draw. Did swapping that player affect the outcome? IMO yes.

If Ball couldn't adhere to their style then he shouldn't have been picked in the team in 09.
Lyon had said that Ball was not accountable for picking up his player and that when he tired, they could run off him..........but from what I have heard from saints supporters the coach did not appreciate that Ball played an in and under style game and not everyone is a skilled runner after all......... and besides he had been the saints best player in the first half of that game !!! You don`t take someone off to teach him a lesson if it costs your team an advantage.........do you ???

Where has all of this Watts talk generated from? I don't see it happening myself.

While I would love Watts in our 22, I don't think we'd be able to satisfy Melbourne in a trade.

Blease and Tapscott would be relatively cheap, but Melbourne will want to save 'face' and not let their prized #1 pick go for anything less than a late first round/early second (although I'd be inclined to pay the early second).

I find it interesting that Watts is the fastest player at Melbourne over 20 metres.

Where has all of this Watts talk generated from? I don't see it happening myself.

While I would love Watts in our 22, I don't think we'd be able to satisfy Melbourne in a trade.

Blease and Tapscott would be relatively cheap, but Melbourne will want to save 'face' and not let their prized #1 pick go for anything less than a late first round/early second (although I'd be inclined to pay the early second).

I find it interesting that Watts is the fastest player at Melbourne over 20 metres.

It won't happen. There was an article on the AFL website yesterday or the day before where Watts came out and said how happy he is under Roos blah blah blah.. could just be all words but sounds like he is more settled now. It most likely stems from the relationship he has had with Mick in the past where he did some mentoring of him. I know Mick is a fan.

How can you disagree though? Everitt played most of the season and was one of their best finals players... Blease barely gets a game and is an awful footballer.
Both sets of supporters weren't glowing with praise for Everitt - which is what you said about Blease. Not to mention when we picked Everitt up it wasn't welcomed by all posters here.

I'm not arguing Blease is as good as Everitt was before he came to us. Just that supporters were happy to see him leave and not everyone was happy to see him come here - which is what's happening with Blease.

As I said, if Mick thinks he'll improve us (by helping Blease improve) then I'm on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this in the general thread but RUMOUR is Melbourne might it get pick 3 for Frawley.

Sheehan said something on TAC cup future stars that hints Melbourne might not get pick 3 for Frawley :)

No offence to Melbourne but that extra spot could be all the difference for us.

I say could be because I don't know but if Wright fell to #6, I think we'd be pretty thrilled.

Yeah I'm not crash hot on Blease... Even for free.
If we pick up Blease I think 1AW will be singing Blease release me and will be heading down to the forward line.

Pretty sure that's going to happen regardless. With Tuohy, Yarran and Sheehan down back we already have plenty of dash and rebound.

No offence to Melbourne but that extra spot could be all the difference for us.

I say could be because I don't know but if Wright fell to #6, I think we'd be pretty thrilled.
Totally agree. Melbourne having 1 pick means they'll probably pick Brayshaw....although losing Clark & Frawley, they might go for a tall. But if Brisbane get Ryder maybe they'll go for Brayshaw if Melbourne don't. There should be a tall left for us if Melbourne don't get pick 3. And if not, Laverde will do. Or Ahern. Or a number of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back