Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realise this sounds a bit dubious but...

My (Bulldog-supporting) mate's cousin got engaged to Shaun Higgins on the weekend. Among what was discussed at the celebrations was that he's likely to be wearing navy blue next year.

Realise this sounds a bit dubious but...

My (Bulldog-supporting) mate's cousin got engaged to Shaun Higgins on the weekend. Among what was discussed at the celebrations was that he's likely to be wearing navy blue next year.
Not trying to sound creepy but did they get engaged in Bali? (Posted on Instagram yesterday that's where he is).

Not sure - pressed my mate further and what he's gleaned is he wants to stay but the Dogs are floating him as bait. Compounding the issue is rival clubs are also offering much better deals… Apprantely it will all come to a head on 3 October. But it’ll most likely be at Carlton, if not Geelong.

Did anyone here go to the BnF? A friend of mine has said to me it is true that Waite is leaving for only 50k more to North and that the players are really pissed off at him cause of it. Supposedly he was sitting on his table alone without any other player and that they didn't even acknowledge him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone here go to the BnF? A friend of mine has said to me it is true that Waite is leaving for only 50k more to North and that the players are really pissed off at him cause of it. Supposedly he was sitting on his table alone without any other player and that they didn't even acknowledge him.

After tax the difference would be around half that, give or take depending on other variables

So for $25k he is prepared to tarnish his and his father's legacy

I'd be very pleased if this was true.

Shoenclangers was bloody horrid today! Reminded me off watson's bad afl game this year but was in the VFL!!

Would take him for the right price
Pretty sad taking possibly the one weak link in the Hawks' armory. Before that it was Murphy. Gotta get strong by trading strong.

I'd be very pleased if this was true.
Didn't peg you as the vindictive type. I am now and then but wishing public humiliation and ostracizing because a bloke wants to change clubs is a bit much. There are ways of coercing someone to change their minds without withdrawing support and friendship.

Didn't peg you as the vindictive type. I am now and then but wishing public humiliation and ostracizing because a bloke wants to change clubs is a bit much. There are ways of coercing someone to change their minds without withdrawing support and friendship.
I wasn't wishing public humiliation. Just that players didn't brush it off and think it wasn't a slap in the face that he's leaving for not much. As much as we've had to put up with Waite and his range of issues, so have the players.

What do you think sitting alone at a public function is?
He wasn't alone. From all reports (on here) fans were still lining up for autographs and pictures. It seems like the players weren't keen, but he wasn't alone.

If the players are not impressed with him leaving of course they're not going to act all chummy.

As poor a move as it may be from Waite, I'd hope the club is still warm towards him regardless of his decision.

We wouldn't want to rule ourselves out of any potential father/son recruits down the track over petulant behaviour, would we?

I have to agree with this. Whilst i would be annoyed with Waite leaving us we have dealt with more important players leaving in the past for their own reasons and invariably with the passage of time they have been welcomed back at the club.

The thing is none of us knows 100% what his motivation for leaving would be if that's what he decides to do.

I remember the feeling of devastation when our Captain Robert Walls left mid-season because he didn't get along with the then coach Ian Stewart.

A year later Jesaulenko left after leading us to a premiership as captain-coach.

I would doubt the players themselves would ostracise Waite for any decision he takes. I'd prefer he stayed but if he decides that it is best for himself to move on then so be it. The football club has never collapsed due to a player leaving and we will move on as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back