Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's mustn't be too set in his ways if we're not going to Arizona anymore.

Good. A lot of people within the club and outside believed that it was a waste of time last year.

David Buttifant had noting to work with last year with over 20 players recovering from injuries/surgery. Did a good job with some players not up to scratch like Yarran and Wood, possibly add a few others in there like Docherty who had to come back late and perhaps even Gibbs who made it as a midfielder this season. Carlton finished with a very small group and few to pick from, the players were tired, not unfit.

Strikes me as a person who may well have singled out the less fit individuals and pushed them harder which is what we needed. Another good way of weeding out those who are not up to it physically/mentally or are just plain lazy. Waite may not have liked being made to train harder and he needed too, really struggled to run out a lot of his games (Particularly when he played back a couple of times) and has gone backwards as a runner a long way over the last few seasons.

I think all the players who were fit and had a preseason did fine. He did a great job with Collingwood who experienced a lot of success under him and were a genuinely fit side.

This year with everyone fit will be where we get to see what he's made of. I'll bet none of our players will be stupid enough to turn up to preseason out of shape knowing that they will more than likely start hard again.

Good we are staying local, honestly going overseas seems a waste of time and money.

Good. A lot of people within the club and outside believed that it was a waste of time last year.

...........and all that money even though there were sponsorship contributions.

Probably a total of 3 days travel, 2 days jet lag and how many days missing family etc.

I also can't recall the last time we played football in the snow. :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a total of 3 days travel, 2 days jet lag and how many days missing family etc.

From memory i don't think it was planned as a snow training trip was it? Just happened to get a snow storm while we were there. I'm most likely completely wrong though.

From memory i don't think it was planned as a snow training trip was it? Just happened to get a snow storm while we were there. I'm most likely completely wrong though.

Nah I think we 'forgot' to book out the indoor stadium where we were going to be training hence the training being done outside.

You clearly never watched any football at VFL Park! :)

They forgot to book the indoor stadium to train in. Pretty stupid IMO.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think we all can put AFL on a pedestal. If we were honest in a full round of AFL how many games are classics or even mildly interesting?

AFL and NBA are two of the few sports that I can chuck on a random game and still enjoy it. When I talk to my soccer-loving mates all they go on about is the atmosphere, they'll say they had a great night and not mention a single thing about the game itself... It seems almost secondary.

AFL and NBA are two of the few sports that I can chuck on a random game and still enjoy it. When I talk to my soccer-loving mates all they go on about is the atmosphere, they'll say they had a great night and not mention a single thing about the game itself... It seems almost secondary.

Just out of interest what if that random game was GWS vs Bulldogs or Melbourne vs Saints or the Saints or Melbourne versus anyone....

I understand what you are saying but I actually think with the more the AFL has expanded the overall quality has diminished considerably. In most weeks there would only be 1 or 2 games in a round outside of the Carlton matches I would feel compelled to have a look at with any real interest.

Just out of interest what if that random game was GWS vs Bulldogs or Melbourne vs Saints or the Saints or Melbourne versus anyone....

I understand what you are saying but I actually think with the more the AFL has expanded the overall quality has diminished considerably. In most weeks there would only be 1 or 2 games in a round outside of the Carlton matches I would feel compelled to have a look at with any real interest.
Used to watch close to 5 games a round back in the day. Now I only really watch Carlton and GC games and in the unlikely chance there's a blockbuster game on.

Used to watch close to 5 games a round back in the day. Now I only really watch Carlton and GC games and in the unlikely chance there's a blockbuster game on.

Agreed. I also find myself nowadays getting excited about a non Carlton game coming up only to lose interest about 25 minutes into the first quarter.....maybe that is just old age though!? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back