Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree with your point, but I also thinks Thy's is bang on. Too much of the same for too long down Carlton way has landed us in this pickle.
What's the alternative to having a President with business expertise and brains?

You can't have Joe Bloggs as President who wants to auction meat trays at a pie night. o_O

40 year blue is currently resisting overtures to return.

Could you imagine receiving a 'Letter from the President' email from him? It'd be so long it would break the internet.

You two will burn in hell for those comments you know.

He may not post here any longer but he's always watching watching watching.

What's the alternative to having a President with business expertise and brains?

You can't have Joe Bloggs as President who wants to auction meat trays at a pie night. o_O

Of course not (but I still think there is a place for Joe Bloggs at the board level, posted about it somewhere else).

But, why not a doctor, lawyer, academic etc etc?

Business expertise and brains are great, but Thy's point is still valid.

And I love a good meat tray, me...

As much as id love Fitzy, don't see it happening.
Would be the absolute perfect replacement though.
Not aligned to either the Pratts or Mathiesons
Knows the AFL inside out.
Still bleeds Navy Blue
Business savvy and well respected

Yep, anyone willing to overlook Fitzy beause he's 'ex Carlton' is just crazy. Has all the credentials and then some.

Agreed.
And Fitzpatrick has been away from the club for so long I really don't see the sameness as what Thy is alluding to.

Eddie Maguire showed he had no idea about business when he got marched out of Sydney when it became crystal clear he was out of his depth when CEO of nine. Brendan Gale, no corporate business experience, James brayshaw none... 3 successful presidents who have been exceptional for there clubs but with no business nous. I think the key is for someone to be a good networker, have good contacts and work them.. and then surround themselves with good business people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed.
And Fitzpatrick has been away from the club for so long I really don't see the sameness as what Thy is alluding to.
I'll allude and you'll like it!

If you hold off on the pie night until after Sundays game Sublime, we may get the free BBQ offer like we did last year when the team performed badly :eek:
Ironically the BBQ wasn't well received, thus it also didn't perform well.

Fitzy fits the bill for what we need....but I'd hope we have at least a few more candidates with various backgrounds who also present a great case to be president. Would hate to think the club appoints Fitzy without doing it homework.

Back to the rumour of Waite looking to renew...I would certainly hope the deal isn't worth a lot because he owes this club a hell of a lot with the amount of football he has missed and the lacklustre performances when he is actually on the field. May sound harsh but it is a reality.

Am I right in thinking that for Fitzy or anyone else to become president they would need to challenge the soon to be annoited president Mark LoGiudice & the current board ?

Back to the rumour of Waite looking to renew...I would certainly hope the deal isn't worth a lot because he owes this club a hell of a lot with the amount of football he has missed and the lacklustre performances when he is actually on the field. May sound harsh but it is a reality.

He'll be on rolling one year deals until his career finishes. No-one else would want him, and there's no way the club will be stooged by him again.
Reckon he might have one more year in him and that'll be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back