Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Holds down a key defensive spot with Thompson filling the other.

Very good younger player. More settled as a defender but can swing forward and have an impact. Built like a brick outhouse.
Always been a big boy, but this year really noticed it, he barely fits in his gc jumper. Interested to. Know what we would have to give up.

I don't want to put the mozz on this but .... May supported Carlton as a kid ;)

The fact that he was a Carlton supporter is why he chose to come down from Darwin and train with us as part of the AIS Academy. :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm serious, I rarely post in these threads. I have minimum contact within the club but I do have an infrequent contact and he suggests we are into May in a big way.

Doesn't surprise me. Amazing talent. Would be a huge coup if we could get him away from the Gold Coast.
FWIW - if I could have any of those talls i'd take Lynch. Another couple of years and he'll be one of the best KPF's in the game.

Yup... Daisy has a serious lack of respect for his ex-coach. But he seems to be a professional and isnt talking about it!

And isn't he just improving after every game.
Thought he was pretty good on Sunday, and will only get better.
Reckon a number of people in the media will have eggs on their faces by years end.

Reckon a number of people in the media will have eggs on their faces by years end.
With Thomas it's the little things he does as well which provide value.

We can't judge him solely on how many disposals he has. It's the quality of his disposals. Just a smart footballer. Critical tackles in the last quarter.

We can't judge him solely on how many disposals he has. It's the quality of his disposals. Just a smart footballer. Critical tackles in the last quarter.

His desperation in tackling is one thing I admire. Team lifting stuff when you see a teammate jump all over the opposition player and drag him to the floor.

Right at the end of the game he got the ball on the Docklands wing in space and waited for Waite to get in position and essentially put it down his throat from 45m away. Think I saw he had something like 16 touches - so he is building into the season.

Right at the end of the game he got the ball on the Docklands wing in space and waited for Waite to get in position and essentially put it down his throat from 45m away. Think I saw he had something like 16 touches - so he is building into the season.

and his reaction after he completed the kick was a thing of beauty. he's not just here for money.

And if Lucas keeps improving and maintains the same level of intensity, there will be a lot of supporters with egg on their face.

And my dream centre line of Lucas, Gibbs, Thomas might be a reality...

And if Lucas keeps improving and maintains the same level of intensity, there will be a lot of supporters with egg on their face.

3 players who all lifted their intensity and work rate over the weekend. If they keep improving each week, they will quickly be regarded as an elite midfield group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh, I'll happily be one of them. I'd written him off, not because of talent, but because of inconsistency and apparent brain-fades. And because of my impatience, clearly. If he can play like he did on Sunday on a consistent basis, I will put that egg on my face myself.

3 players who all lifted their intensity and work rate over the weekend. If they keep improving each week, they will quickly be regarded as an elite midfield group.
Add in the fact that all 3 of them can play forward or back... we would potentially have 3 elite mids who could cover in defence or slide into the forward line and create havoc there.

Been a Lucas defender hoping he can keep the improvement up also on the Watson defence and buckley bandwagon too

Samesies. But I think I'm an everyone defender :oops:

Really hope Lucas continues to improve, I love seeing him go for those long runs. Just wish he'd finish it off with more finesse sometimes, but hopefully that will come with time.

Samesies. But I think I'm an everyone defender :oops:

Really hope Lucas continues to improve, I love seeing him go for those long runs. Just wish he'd finish it off with more finesse sometimes, but hopefully that will come with time.
I am a navy blue defender... any player (Mick Martyn and Maguane aside) who pulls on the navy blue is playing for the club and deserves our support.

If they dont make it and get delisted, then at least they tried. If a player leaves for more money when the club was offering good coin, then they are mercenary scum... until they retire and then maybe they can get back into the good books by having sons that end up coming and playing for the club eventually (Campo).

If the club doesnt try hard enough to keep someone or allows someone to leave for personal reasons, they will always be remembered fondly (Eddie, Jacobs, and Kennedy).

If someone screws up and we trade them (Fev) they will still be remembered fondly for what they brought to the club... until they open their stupid fat mouths and start slagging off their fans (calling us feral... Fev... really... piss off you boofhead).

But... if they pull on the navy blue... I will defend them no matter how bad they are. Because they are Carlton players.

What I like most about Lucas was hearing his manager on radio last year say Lucas will stay at the club as long as the club will have him as he feels he has unfinished business here. Shows to me he is determined to get it right.
If he keeps playing like he did on Saturday... then he can stay as long as he likes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back