Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone on here run barefoot? I did my first session last night. Felt pretty good. Pulled up pretty sore in calves and glutes this morning. I ended up doing about 3.5km of fartlek which, from what I've read, is overdoing it for the first session. I tend to be impatient like that.

Anyone got any tips/advice? and does anyone have Vibram 5 fingers? I'm considering getting some, but can only find them on the net and sizing seems a little complicated.

Haven't done any barefoot running but after reading the book 'Born to Run' I do try to consider my running gait more when I'm out there and try to focus getting a little bit more mid foot / fore foot landing.

Yeah I read 'Born to Run' last year and intended on running barefoot, but about 2 weeks later I broke my ankle.

Currently reading his follow up, 'Natural Born Heroes', and it has inspired me again.

How often do you guys go through a pair of shoes? Or do you have a few on the go at once?

I probably go too long with mine. Have 2 pairs on the go at the moment but the older pair have clocked a lot of kms. Sir Swans has a bigger collection of shoes than Imelda Marcos. :D

Yeah I read 'Born to Run' last year and intended on running barefoot, but about 2 weeks later I broke my ankle.

Currently reading his follow up, 'Natural Born Heroes', and it has inspired me again.

Didn't realise there was another book. Will have to check it out.

I probably go too long with mine. Have 2 pairs on the go at the moment but the older pair have clocked a lot of kms. Sir Swans has a bigger collection of shoes than Imelda Marcos. :D

dont help with the speed :p

but in all honesty it keeps your feet fresh having some rotation

Does anyone on here run barefoot? I did my first session last night. Felt pretty good. Pulled up pretty sore in calves and glutes this morning. I ended up doing about 3.5km of fartlek which, from what I've read, is overdoing it for the first session. I tend to be impatient like that.

Anyone got any tips/advice? and does anyone have Vibram 5 fingers? I'm considering getting some, but can only find them on the net and sizing seems a little complicated.

I dont like them but i tend to pronate a little so they are no good for me

i have a paid of altra 0 drops though id reccomend them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I once played squash bare foot as I forgot my runners. Not a good idea; it's too difficult to change direction quickly. In hindsight, it was probably asking for an injury.

Started running again last week after three months of doing very little pure running. Generally, I do five miles per run. Felt pretty good last night surprisingly, finishing in 34:44. Then again, I'm pretty slow at the best of times. Concrete shoes.

With Arctic like weather conditions for the weekend in south eastern Australia are any of you mad buggers silly enough to pull on the poncho for a run? I was planning to join a recon of a half marathon trail run coming up. With snow to 600m l think l'll give it a miss. Hopefully l can squeeze 20-25km in tomorrow morning between showers.

Did my first ever 10k run today (ended up doing 11.1km total) :D hit a wall about halfway in but found that once i got through that point it became a lot easier to keep pushing on. Only thing i struggled with was keeping a consistent pace, go too hard for a bit then would have to slow down.

* ive felt sore the last few runs was gonna rest today but work was full of f@@@k silly people so went out and it was such a nice day felt nice, good run. Just went slow but yeah enjoyed it

Bwahahaha.

Been flat out myself at work lately and really tired when I've been home but I've continued running and just tried to punch out some easy paced runs. Only a week and a bit to the Run Melbourne HM so probably won't do any more long 15km+ type runs. Just a few 9-10km easy runs and a few shorter, sharper ones.

Looking forward to a solid session tonight.

Did my first ever 10k run today (ended up doing 11.1km total) :D hit a wall about halfway in but found that once i got through that point it became a lot easier to keep pushing on. Only thing i struggled with was keeping a consistent pace, go too hard for a bit then would have to slow down.

The first 2 ks are the worst 2 ks.

I did a cheeky 6kms on Sunday. Love running in the rain.

I'm weird like that. Best conditions in the world are like 23c, humid and raining. Heaven!

Yeah I love rain running too so long as it isn't partnered with gale force winds. I did 19km Sunday and it was steady rain all the way. Quite refreshing.

With Arctic like weather conditions for the weekend in south eastern Australia are any of you mad buggers silly enough to pull on the poncho for a run? I was planning to join a recon of a half marathon trail run coming up. With snow to 600m l think l'll give it a miss. Hopefully l can squeeze 20-25km in tomorrow morning between showers.

You've been smashing it lately mate. Distances and times :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back