Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

This is killing me. 10kms for the week. Been 60km + for a while now. Physio appointment tomorrow. Hope to get back on track.

Looking for the next event too. Need to register for something to keep focused on a goal. Melb marathon might be a logistical challenge.

How is the knee coming along?

Quite here boys. Anyone need a Tuesday laugh to get the day going?

Had my alarm set for 5:10am this morning. Heard my phone go off at what l thought was 5:23am. Threw my clothes on & got to the Apex sheds but no one there. Thought odd but just did the 5km warm up by myself. Got back to my ute to find the 6am group not there. Damn, they have changed venue this morning l thought?
Nope it was a stupid app on my phone at 2:23am. Just 4 hours early!

Had my alarm set for 5:10am this morning. Heard my phone go off at what l thought was 5:23am. Threw my clothes on & got to the Apex sheds but no one there. Thought odd but just did the 5km warm up by myself. Got back to my ute to find the 6am group not there. Damn, they have changed venue this morning l thought?
Haha that is gold.
I think there is a few injuries going around here (myself included) that's whys it's been quiet. I might try go for a run tomorrow and see how my knee feels, just a little scared to re-injure it at the moment.

Last edited:

Haha - wtf. Long day for you coming up.

Haha that is gold.
I think there is a few injuries going around here (myself included) that's whys it's been quiet. I might try go for a run tomorrow and see how my knee feels, just a little scared to re-injure it at the moment.

Not injured myself. But swamped in life. Struggling to come up for air at the moment.

Yep. Time is always a difficult thing to latch onto with work, family, sport etc.
I've got a four week window atm where Auskick & Aussie Hoops have finished & the boys cricket hasn't started. I don't advocate running at 2:30am too often though. Moronic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No running for me this week me thinks. ITB giving me grief from the weekend. Don't know what to do about it. Forking out dollars to get the thing rubbed out every few weeks, foam rolling, stretching. Rest might be only option. Very frustrated.

I'm not an expert, but maybe you're pushing yourself too hard? If I recall correctly, didn't you start running in the last 12 months? And now you're doing 60k a weeks? That's a great effort, but maybe your body just isn't ready for that level of distance. You should consider running fewer ks per week and build up over a longer period.

I'm not an expert, but maybe you're pushing yourself too hard? If I recall correctly, didn't you start running in the last 12 months? And now you're doing 60k a weeks? That's a great effort, but maybe your body just isn't ready for that level of distance. You should consider running fewer ks per week and build up over a longer period.
Hi Dog, your not far wrong. Have built up the kms steadily over the last twelve months but decided to tackle two trail races (26km & 21km) in August with not a hell of a lot of the required training. Waa rapped with my results & loved the challenge but it did hurt me no end. Especially the downhill stuff.
I've back off the last few weeks & won't be tackling a full marathon any time soon. A couple of HM's locally in early November look to be my new targets.
Long term goals include a full & some more trail stuff, just need to find time to get the right training in first.

Hope everyone else is fit & healthy.

Cheers.

Hi Dog, your not far wrong. Have built up the kms steadily over the last twelve months but decided to tackle two trail races (26km & 21km) in August with not a hell of a lot of the required training. Waa rapped with my results & loved the challenge but it did hurt me no end. Especially the downhill stuff.
I've back off the last few weeks & won't be tackling a full marathon any time soon. A couple of HM's locally in early November look to be my new targets.
Long term goals include a full & some more trail stuff, just need to find time to get the right training in first.

Hope everyone else is fit & healthy.

Cheers.

Yeah, I'm really keen to run a full marathon but I still feel I'm a fair way off it. Hoping to build up to 30k by the end of the year and do a marathon next year.

Any suggestions on which one I should do: http://www.marathonrunnersdiary.com/races/uk-marathon-list.php

Good to see another getting hooked on trail running! Much more fun than road running! Just be careful though, it does present different challenges and has a different impact on your body. I'm in the same boat where I tried to smash out the downhills on the Rollercoaster Run to improve my time and it bit me hard! And I'd done heaps of trail running in the lead up too!

Did the City-Bay full 12km course last Sunday which was my first longish run in about a month and a half. Was aiming to do it in an 1hr 12 min and ended up doing it in 1:15 but was just happy that I got through it with no pain in the knee at all...until like 2 days later when it started to ache again :mad: So frustrating but I guess I've got to get it checked out again. Just want to be able to run again and I find it hard to hold back :p

Still not getting much running done myself. Think I might be at 40km for September in total.

Too much going on and finding getting time really hard at the moment. Add to that I have a severe bout of the dreaded man flu at the moment.

On the upside, bought a new home and settlement on the old and the new is October 23rd so hoping come November life in general will settle a bit and I can finish with a big few months in Nov-Dec. In the meantime, I'll just keep on sneaking in what runs I can.

Got caught out a couple of years ago. Had a half marathon and stayed at my sisters house for the night planning to get up at 4AM. Everything was going to plan, woke up on time even had time for a bath (not a shower, a fair dinkum BATH). Turned the TV on in preparation....and then I realised that this was the morning Daylight Savings came into effect, and my phone had gone forward an hour when it shouldn't have given Queensland doesn't observe this silliness. Had to sit for an hour watching Rage before trying to wake up my ride to the start line.

As for this year, Melbourne in 3 weeks, actually had a good weekend down in Sydney doing a half in 1:47:50 Chip Time (took 4 minutes to actually cross the start line). Got a couple of big runs to wear in the new shoes over the next couple of Sundays, then it's MM number 3 before I know it. Point to Pinnacle again in November after that, then plan to step up to the 50km in Canberra next year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back