Runs on the board

Remove this Banner Ad

Despair

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2013
Königsbrunn, Germany
AFL Club
Essendon
Being an Essendon supporter, most of the "news" that is of interest to me (lately), is usually in the form of speculation. Journo's, coaches, players making calls "Player X will not play here in 2015", "EFC will/won't escape bans"...

Some of them allege to have "sources", some are just being Nostradumbasses. But what I want to know, is who has the most "runs on the board"? It would be really interesting if someone collated all the "calls/claims/predictions" from the not-so-distant past and assessed how they stacked up with the actual outcome that transpired.

Who do you think would come out as being the most credible?

PS. inb4 Caro lolol

Mark 'Robbo' Robinson. He has scored more runs for the opposition than all other journalists have runs on the board combined.

It is a tough one, as a journo, the real ones, they are often not just giving personal opinion but passing on the opinion/information of other parties. If they have a leak in the AFL telling them something and they print that in the paper, it is not always their opinion, they are just informing people of information from a 'credible' source.

However, if the source is frequently wrong, then you would hope they abandon the source as a credible source of information.

Journos in general seem to think their job is to give opinion these days. If you've got an editorial colum then you spout your s**t opinions but if you're writing an article worthy of being read by the people it really should be 100% correct, I understand fact checking is something journos find tedious and beneath them but they really should try it some time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back