Ryan Crowley

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah this sort of thing is pretty stiff as its not really a performance enhancing attempt, then I suppose you could argue by stopping the pain you are going to perform better.

Surprise Surprise on the HTB it was an Essendon fan that was first to get the Ryan Crowley tweet up. So desperate to believe they are innocent and everyone else is guilty.

Like the girl in the 2000 olympics stripped of her gold medal, for taking pseudoephedrine, even though she legitimately had the flu, he should be banned.

She took a banned substance, which helped her get over the flu. What about the other girls in the event who might have also had the flu, they competed sick because they knew the banned substance was banned, she had an unfair advantage.

Same with Crowley and the dons. You know it's banned (or you're too stupid to check) and someone else sits out the week, because they also carry a similar injury and DON'T take the painkiller, he gets an advantage. It's banned, don't take it.

He was absolutly shot last year and you should see it

Missed a yard of pace and did not run out games well. I feel like he probably was taking something else so he could play, Due to the fact in his mind it was his last season and last chance at a flag.

Incredibly stupid however

Did anyone watch the live stream from the AFL website today? Freo's CEO was taking questions and he was asked if Ryan was on a different program this pre-season because of the infraction notice (paraphrasing badly here) and he answered that Ryan was injured but that would also have been part of it. Then at the end of the stream he read a statement basically saying the first time Fremantle had been informed of who the actual player was this morning...this no sense make :drunk:o_O

Did anyone watch the live stream from the AFL website today? Freo's CEO was taking questions and he was asked if Ryan was on a different program this pre-season because of the infraction notice (paraphrasing badly here) and he answered that Ryan was injured but that would also have been part of it. Then at the end of the stream he read a statement basically saying the first time Fremantle had been informed of who the actual player was this morning...this no sense make :drunk:o_O
haha, kind of like Essendon "it's come to our attention in the last 48 hours" press conference.

Drugs seem to be increasingly used and more people taking banned stuff etc. and more people getting fines and blah blah blah etc.
Why can't we all just not take drugs, people won't get upset and we will all be happy chaps.

Yeah they said the full board had not been told until today. Quite a few of the rest knew

haha, kind of like Essendon "it's come to our attention in the last 48 hours" press conference.
Also in the Ross who thinks he the Boss Interview late last week saying Crowley was having personal issues and it was between the Club and Crowley.

Drugs seem to be increasingly used and more people taking banned stuff etc. and more people getting fines and blah blah blah etc.
Why can't we all just not take drugs, people won't get upset and we will all be happy chaps.
A lot more drugs are being added to the banned list too so ones that were legal are now not allowed and especially if a doctor is not up to date on these as his private gp more than likely wouldn't have been, it does make it hard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a few scenarios that could've played out, with Crowley possibly taking pain killers away from the club in order to prolong his season.

Like the girl in the 2000 olympics stripped of her gold medal, for taking pseudoephedrine, even though she legitimately had the flu, he should be banned.

She took a banned substance, which helped her get over the flu. What about the other girls in the event who might have also had the flu, they competed sick because they knew the banned substance was banned, she had an unfair advantage.

Same with Crowley and the dons. You know it's banned (or you're too stupid to check) and someone else sits out the week, because they also carry a similar injury and DON'T take the painkiller, he gets an advantage. It's banned, don't take it.
Interestingly the pseudo ephedrine in the flu tablet (the banned ingredient) is a performance impairing agent as in introduces shaking and tremor both of which are negatives in gymnastics.

Surprise Surprise on the HTB it was an Essendon fan that was first to get the Ryan Crowley tweet up. So desperate to believe they are innocent and everyone else is guilty.

The great irony will be Crowley will get a career ending ban and Essendon will get 6 months with Watson keeping his brownlow.

This is not great timing for the AFL - the two penalties will be contrasted heavily.

You would think players would be checking with the club every time they put anything in their mouth, for essendon their syringe. Just as a matter of course wouldn't you say to the doctor 'I had a panadeine this morning as my back was ****ed' no ban if you pull out if the match at that stage. If you choose to play anyway then you roll the dice.

I would take the "prescribed by a doctor" excuse with a huge serve of salt.
It would fall in line with the "East German judge" and "I used one of my Mum's diet pills" excuses.

Crowley is using the Essendon method of getting a story out there quickly, to influence the general public. Then pretend that they never did anything and it's all an AFL/ASADA plot.

Pardon my cynicism, but this has all been done before.

Surely the clubs have doctors and say to the players if you want anything you come to the club doctor and he will ensure you are prescribed something that is acceptable.

Any player particularly an experienced one who decides to seek their own medication outside the club is doing so knowing they are taking a banned substance and therefore deserves whatever ban they are provided with.

I would take the "prescribed by a doctor" excuse with a huge serve of salt.
It would fall in line with the "East German judge" and "I used one of my Mum's diet pills" excuses.

Crowley is using the Essendon method of getting a story out there quickly, to influence the general public. Then pretend that they never did anything and it's all an AFL/ASADA plot.

Pardon my cynicism, but this has all been done before.
Not for the 'prescribed by doctor excuse' but for prevention of a ban. If he says to doc what he had and the doctor says it is banned he would pull out of the match possibly which would avoid a ban as it is only banned for match day, if the doc says 'all ok' then at least he can use it to potentially tone down the punishment.

Surely the clubs have doctors and say to the players if you want anything you come to the club doctor and he will ensure you are prescribed something that is acceptable.

Any player particularly an experienced one who decides to seek their own medication outside the club is doing so knowing they are taking a banned substance and therefore deserves whatever ban they are provided with.
Probably, but if they were in pain it is a common thing to have in your cupboard. Either way it is stupid.

#standbycrowley
But not too close
890554-brent-harvey.jpg

Assuming the club doctor would give him the drug though & not make him sit out. I've a feeling he re-signed in 2014 until the end of 2015. If his back was wrecked then maybe he was scared/aware that the club Dr would put him on ice, jeapordising his extension & so he decided to grab pain killers elsewhere to try to get by?

Pure speculation, but it would explain how a 10-yr player suddenly forgets he has free medical cover at the place he attends every day.

*just seen a couple of posters above intimating the same. Sorry for repeating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back