Traded Ryan Griffen + Pick 6 traded for Tom Boyd

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll do a quick search then, and wow, they linked Scully's father's offer well to enticing Scully:

"TOM Scully says he was unaware his father had been offered a job at Greater Western Sydney until after he officially joined the club."

Must have been a great selling job there, forgetting to tell him about it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tom-scullys-dad-joins-giants-team/story-e6frf9jf-1226177665081

'AFL operations boss Adrian Anderson this morning conceded that the league's investigations officer Ken Wood had found Phil Scully may not have been employed if Tom Scully had not signed a $6 million five-year deal last month.'

Actually, it was pretty easy to find, took under a minute. Adrian Anderson confirms that without GWS paying Fat Phil over $600k then Tom may not have signed. Lucky you found the article confirming the date Fat Phil signed, so this confirms the time frame.

LOL oops

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tom-scullys-dad-joins-giants-team/story-e6frf9jf-1226177665081

'AFL operations boss Adrian Anderson this morning conceded that the league's investigations officer Ken Wood had found Phil Scully may not have been employed if Tom Scully had not signed a $6 million five-year deal last month.'

Actually, it was pretty easy to find, took under a minute. Adrian Anderson confirms that without GWS paying Fat Phil over $600k then Tom may not have signed. Lucky you found the article confirming the date Fat Phil signed, so this confirms the time frame.

LOL oops
So he signed after Scully jnr did.
So it doesnt prove your point at all.

So he signed after Scully jnr did.

I knew you'd interpreted like that, not surprising really.

Adrian Anderson stated that they had enough evidence to believe that Scully would only sign with the club if they hired his dad as a recruiter for $600k+. GWs clearly agreed to the proposal by the Scully's some 12 months prior to Tom officially signing. This proves that Tom had agreed 12 months prior.

Now, if you weren't a complete moron you'd realise that the discussion between myself and dlanod and myself was whether he made a late minute decision or he had in fact agreed 12 months earlier.

Take a minute to think about it

Yes, I've read that article. Sadly for you if that was the truth then why did the AFL include his fathers salary in the cap?

I'll give you a couple of minutes to think of an excuse for that one, no, make that 30, it's a tricky one to have to make up something so quickly. LOL, you're quoting an article with Demetriou declaring it a 'stroke of genius' nek minut they're penalising the club for doing it.

Try again sweet heart

Because the AFL must be seen to be doing something. This is the group that fined Melbourne for bringing the game into disrepute despite having no evidence of them tanking. I wouldn't have thought they'd be a group that a Melbourne supporter would be relying on for anything beyond "this appears bad, we need to appear to do something about it".

LOL oops

See, wasn't that hard was it? Make a claim, back it up. Except that has so many "ifs" and "buts" and "may not haves" that trying to base such a definite claim as you threw out there that it doesn't really give you what you need. But carry on - you're obviously not going to produce anything actually concrete, and you're obviously not going to change your mind about Scully by this point (and the same goes for your raving mate).

See, wasn't that hard was it? Make a claim, back it up. Except that has so many "ifs" and "buts" and "may not haves" that trying to base such a definite claim as you threw out there that it doesn't really give you what you need. But carry on - you're obviously not going to produce anything actually concrete, and you're obviously not going to change your mind about Scully by this point (and the same goes for your raving mate).

And yet it was enough to convince the AFL to include his dad's income in the salary cap. The only way that Tom would agree to sign is if GWS hired his dad, GWS did just that 12 months prior, so the agreement between Tom and GWS must have taken place prior to that.

GWS and the Scully's were caught with their hands in the cookie jar, hence the penalty. You can try and deflect and deny as much as you want but it's fact, don't try and rewrite history sweet heart.

I've said it many times before, I think that Scully made the right choice in going to GWS. But he was caught out lying, you denying it won't change what happened. Even Jimmy Stynes himself knew he was lying at the time, he even publicly stated that he had issues with the AFL's policies that forced him to openly lie about what was going on.

I'm not sure why you're so defensive about it, everyone knows what happened and apart from a few angry Melbourne fans no one cares anymore (I'm not one of those few). Why does it upset you so much?

I'll do a quick search then, and wow, they linked Scully's father's offer well to enticing Scully:

"TOM Scully says he was unaware his father had been offered a job at Greater Western Sydney until after he officially joined the club."

Must have been a great selling job there, forgetting to tell him about it.
No name scout who was doing some work for the Swans (IIRC) from Victoria for a bit of side cash gets offered 100k a year to move to GWS?

Yep, nothing suss there.

Honestly mate, I've forgiven Scully (still hope he amounts to nothing in particular) because the money was too good, but how could you possibly think that this was coincidental?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No name scout who was doing some work for the Swans (IIRC) from Victoria for a bit of side cash gets offered 100k a year to move to GWS?

Yep, nothing suss there.

Honestly mate, I've forgiven Scully (still hope he amounts to nothing in particular) because the money was too good, but how could you possibly think that this was coincidental?

I've seen her posts before, she's in complete denial with how it happened, which is just bizarre, there's no need for her to be so uptight about it.

Yep, nothing suss there.

Except he wasn't a no name scout - Sydney came out and said that if they'd had the resources they would have brought him on full time.

Scully Snr’s previous employer, the Sydney Swans, backed him as a recruiter on Wednesday.

Swans manager of player personnel Kinnear Beatson said: “I’ve always found him to have a good eye for it (recruiting). If we had the budget for a full-time position, I would have no hesitation in approaching Phil.”

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/12/01/including-scully-snr-in-salary-cap-only-increases-suspicion/

I still think it was a stupid decision - the appearance of a conflict of interest is basically as bad as a conflict of interest. Was it done with Tom's knowledge? Apparently not, although the evidence is that anyone who's arguing the other side of things is not going to take Tom's word on anything. Having said that, GWS's recruitment from Victoria really has been top-notch, as can be seen by teams lining up to lure GWS's kids back down there.

Was it done with Tom's knowledge? Apparently not, although the evidence is that anyone who's arguing the other side of things is not going to take Tom's word on anything

Eerrm. Both Tom and his father work in the same industry. Tom had the biggest payday of his life sitting in front of him. A tattslotto event. His father had a monster offer in front of him at the same club. Yet they didn't talk... Ok then. I beleivez it. Sorry for doubting Toms word. I believez he didn't commit to the plasticz nearly a year in advance as well cheating the rules. I believez Phil Davis didn't accidently annouce he had agreed to terms with the plasticz outside of when the rules stipulated they could actually talk to him and then do a monster back take thereafter as he had thrown the club in the deep end. I believez, well..

I believz I can fly. I believez I can touch the sky....

Yes, I've read that article. Sadly for you if that was the truth then why did the AFL include his fathers salary in the cap?

I'll give you a couple of minutes to think of an excuse for that one, no, make that 30, it's a tricky one to have to make up something so quickly. LOL, you're quoting an article with Demetriou declaring it a 'stroke of genius' nek minut they're penalising the club for doing it.

Try again sweet heart

You are honestly the biggest hypocrite on this site. If someone spoke to this like you then you'd be reporting them and putting them on the ignore list, yet people are just supposed to listen to your s**t?

*yes I know I'm on ignore

Think this was a decent trade. Similar to the hawthorn trade for pick 1 in 2001. High risk, but a good set of recruiters saw it as worth it. It was opportunistic too seeing griff as a handy bargaining chip.

Make no mistake too, with Patton onto his second third knee we yanked gws second most valued commodity.

We could've probably achieved a better net gain if we didn't go after Boyd but what the deal did for the fan base and the message it sent to gws who are treating us like a feeder team was necessary.

Think this was a decent trade. Similar to the hawthorn trade for pick 1 in 2001. High risk, but a good set of recruiters saw it as worth it. It was opportunistic too seeing griff as a handy bargaining chip.

Make no mistake too, with Patton onto his second third knee we yanked gws second most valued commodity.

We could've probably achieved a better net gain if we didn't go after Boyd but what the deal did for the fan base and the message it sent to gws who are treating us like a feeder team was necessary.
In the end, all you really gave up was Pick 6, given Griff's petulant actions in the lead up to this trade period.

In the end, all you really gave up was Pick 6, given Griff's petulant actions in the lead up to this trade period.

The way his head was/still is at the time the campaigner could of very well just retired now instead of next season which he said he was going to. What else could we really do. Hands were tied and we came out well off with the KPF everyone has screamed at us to go after.

The way his head was/still is at the time the campaigner could of very well just retired now instead of next season which he said he was going to. What else could we really do. Hands were tied and we came out well off with the KPF everyone has screamed at us to go after.
Exactly. Things could've turned out so much worse. They turned a terrible situation - none of which was their own fault - into a good one, by filling their greatest need. If the Scray appoint 600% Beveridge as coach like they're rumoured to, it'll be a huge off season win for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back