Delisted Ryan Harwood (2009-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Monster fish. How awesome is that.
Have seen some off Qld that are, I kid you not, as big as a small car.

Is unsporting to take 'em on spear (they just sit there and look at you), plus they're usually on the no-take list, otherwise I'd be tempted. ;)

Very good first game back but didn't run out the game. As would be expected.

Most unlikely IMHO to be recalled for a week or two, but then again- desperation stakes.

I imagine they'll err on the side of caution but we could use him and could still be subbed out if he's struggling.

Reserves Wrap - GWS - 17/05/2015 (Shane Woewodin's comments)

Harzy was solid for us in defence, it’s good to see him getting back into some good form. Was great in the contest for us, both aerially and at ground level. Put him as an inside mid in the last quarter when Roh Bewick went off and certainly had an impact for us around the ball. Might try to do a little bit more of that as we go forward so Ryan can pick up his match fitness for senior selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting comment about getting his fitness up for senior selection. Sounds as if his recall to the senior team is pretty much a given, just needs to get himself match fit.
Probably comes in for Golby. Geez there gonna have some headaches at the selection table when Hanley Merret and freeman are fit.

Reserves Wrap - Hornets - 23/05/2015 (Shane Woewodin's comments)

Different role for Harzy on the weekend, trying to really push him for senior selection. We played him a bit more midfield, getting him up and around the ball, running and getting some conditioning into him. Coming off his injury for three weeks, he was solid, solid without dominating but was very good with the ball in hand.

Reserves Wrap - Sydney Swans - 12/07/2015 (Shane Woewodin’s comments)

A big focus for Harzy was to give and go a bit more, which he did. He provided a lot of overlap run for us off half back. Probably just more fundamentally for Ryan, he turned the footy over a few times throughout the day and cost us a couple of goals, but played with the endeavour we needed him to do. He puts himself back in line for senior selection.

has turned into quite a solid small defender IMO. if he improved his kicking could be a very handy player.

Two Lions Re-Sign

Harwood’s two-year extension will ensure much-needed experience and toughness is retained in the backline.

The Tasmanian will be keen to add to his 59 game after spending the bulk of 2015 on the sideline with injury.

When fully fit, the 24-year-old is a damaging runner with creative and clean disposal.

“It’s always good to get another couple of years under the belt,” said Harwood. “I want to play here until we see some success, we haven’t had much since I’ve been at the Club.

“I had surgery about four weeks ago now on my hip, hopefully that was the cause of my pain and I’ll be back next year, hopefully pain free and can run out a whole game at least.

“But also seeing the boys grow; the ones who are coming up underneath us (older players) was a big part of my decision too.

“Watching the young blokes grow is great, especially Harris (Andrews) and Dawso (Liam Dawson) taking on those roles down back and seeing how well they’re starting to play.”

No cheap likes for the Blitz, but I do likey!
Cheap likes? He is one of the few that constantly updates the roster watch now, deserves all the likes he gets.

As for the Preview 'drop ins', now they are cheap likes! ;)

This is a low key re-signing, but I like it.

It makes sense of the Adcock decision and rewards a player who despite his limitations has been working hard for the club. He is also on dog watch this week so clearly the club sees an increased role for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back