Past Ryan O'Keefe - 2012 Norm Smith medalist, retired 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

ONE OF THE GREATEST NIGHTS IN OUR HISTORY. aND IF YOU WATCH THE HIGHLIGHTS, ROK WAS SIMPLY IN EVERYTHING.

Sorry. Caps. But reviewing that vid, perhaps capslock on is the way to go. :D

And a nice mark:

Has did it all for this club with premierships, Skilton and Norm Smith medals, but my favourite moment will always be that torp from the centre square to Nick Davis inside 50 against Geelong in that memorable final in 2005.

Cheer cheer Pebs!

Has did it all for this club with premierships, Skilton and Norm Smith medals, but my favourite moment will always be that torp from the centre square to Nick Davis inside 50 against Geelong in that memorable final in 2005.

Cheer cheer Pebs!

Watched that the other day. That was one hell of a kick, surprised he didn't throw a hip out. He kicked that ball with everything he had - and everything he had was pretty bloody good.

An absolute champion. He will be missed but we will all have fond memories. Absolute legend of the club.

Well with news of ROk's lap it's swayed me to attend the game this week.

I was faltering but this has propelled me to attend tired or not.

ROK has be a stalwart of the club for years, one of the greatest blokes to ever put on a swans jumper.

Could spent all day talking about what he has achieved, I wish him all the best going forward no matter his decision.
A truly great player.

What's the presser like? Emotional?

Not really. Horse seemed in good spirits. ROK seemed a little self reflective. But no tears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when he signed his last contract with us he said "I'll have to keep going until they kick me out!" Shows you how competitive he is, I can't imagine it's been easy for him to accept his fate this year, but he will leave us as a Bloods champion and legend and that's how he'll be remembered. It's sad, but it's time for us to say goodbye to him, at least as a Swans player.

I remember when he signed his last contract with us he said "I'll have to keep going until they kick me out!" Shows you how competitive he is, I can't imagine it's been easy for him to accept his fate this year, but he will leave us as a Bloods champion and legend and that's how he'll be remembered. It's sad, but it's time for us to say goodbye to him, at least as a Swans player.
Will be a great shame if he goes elsewhere and performs poorly. I hope for his sake it doesn't pan out that way but from what I have seen of his reserves form, he will get shown up more often than not.

Not the fairytale we all would have hoped for. Honestly a bitter way to end an absolutely outstanding career as a club legend (not just champion, not just great). Pebbles has always been one of my favs along with Kirky, Goodes, LRT, Bolts & the other 2005 superstars it's that era sadly but excitedly coming to an end. The legacy and imprint on the club & players he's left... He deserves the kind of fairytale he's sadly not going to get.

The positives are good to reflect on & help ease some of the disapointment... In part because of his contribution he's leaving the club in a better place than he found it. His dedication to diet & fitness would have surely rubbed off to others at the club. He has dragged the club over the line many times and his performance in the 2012 GF was one such standout. That prelim final in 2005 too. Seems like such a great bloke, determined, motivated, competitive, committed... Not done yet. Sincerly wish him nothing but the absolute very best for whatever he decides to do next.

Loved the press conference. Sad to see such a great champion of the club go, but glad he gets the limelight for a day and we get a chance to reflect on a great career.

After going to the same high school, ROK became my favorite Swans player, and if he doesn't get a playing gig next year I really hope he gets a coaching opportunity with the club. His sheer bloody-mindedness would be great to instill in the next gen Swans.

I've been told that the reported stoush between ROK and Buddy earlier in the year was true. It's a reasonable source so I'm inclined to believe him

But personally I doubt it had much effect on him not being in the side anymore. It's a sad case regardless

I missed this post earlier, I'd heard something similar from a different source, though I think you are right, there probably wasn't a place for him in the side this year regardless, I recall bedford saying a while back that he'd lost the group. Still, it doesn't in any way diminish his achievements or his legacy.

I missed this post earlier, I'd heard something similar from a different source, though I think you are right, there probably wasn't a place for him in the side this year regardless. Still, it doesn't in any way diminish his achievements in my eyes.

The fights that happen at training similar to other clubs when they have a competitive intra match? or something more serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back