Past Ryan O'Keefe - 2012 Norm Smith medalist, retired 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Highest on the ground every week in every stat, every dream team and super coach score with mostly two of the opposition mids rotating off him for experience. I keep hearing people saying he is too slow and its only NEAFL, fair enough but by that logic all the kids that get all the praise on here should be doubling him in all areas, they're not.

Fair enough. But as I said I don't watch the ressies and that wasn't the mail on these boards from those who do.

But I know this much...too many posters close the club are suggesting "something" was going on for there not to be at least a grain of truth. I just really struggle to believe thr club would do that to Rhino of all people.

Highest on the ground every week in every stat, every dream team and super coach score with mostly two of the opposition mids rotating off him for experience. I keep hearing people saying he is too slow and its only NEAFL, fair enough but by that logic all the kids that get all the praise on here should be doubling him in all areas, they're not.

Not really

Just caught up on Thursday's AFL 360 episode, Robbo claimed that O'Keefe to Hawthorn deal that eventually fell through was going to involve Jordan Lewis. Haven't heard that before.

Just caught up on Thursday's AFL 360 episode, Robbo claimed that O'Keefe to Hawthorn deal that eventually fell through was going to involve Jordan Lewis. Haven't heard that before.

Perhaps that's what we wanted and they showed us the door. From memory the Hawks tried to get him on the cheap didn't even offer a decent pick.

on sentiment, i agree. but the Richmond game was a dress rehearsal for finals. so playing rok would have meant that we saw one less player in action to judge if they could cover for injuries.

its a tough industry, and when you're gunning for the flag you cant let sentiment get in the way of the ultimate goal.

another tough call, but the right one

its a little strange, there was speculation throughout the year whether rok would get a recall, and here we are, end of the h&a season. we gotta keep looking forward

Roos said he 'might' have wanted him 12 months ago, maybe ROK wanted to do a deal so thats why he was never gonna be played again, Id understand that.

Any chance he is going to our enemies GWS?

Today Leon Cameron came out saying the club would chase mature bodies to help out developing players in the midfield.

Straight away ROK came to mind. They want some blood (pun intended) in order to stick it to us for taking Buddy from under their noses.

It makes sense for him to go there as he will be given a coaching role in the future.

He doesn't look happy at all with the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes had it should just retire

Cant imagine he would want to uproot his family and move to anywhere else for a 1yr deal at best.. i guess some footballers don't know when to stop :(

One thing i hope we dont do is give him a coaching role immediately i think its way to soon for that get some fresh faces in not tied to the club imo.

Cant imagine he would want to uproot his family and move to anywhere else for a 1yr deal at best.. i guess some footballers don't know when to stop :(

One thing i hope we dont do is give him a coaching role immediately i think its way to soon for that get some fresh faces in not tied to the club imo.

well hardly seems like either party would be interested in a coaching role.

You guys all remember what happened the last time we trusted the Adelaide board for off-season movement rumours right? He's more likely to end up at GWS working as the mascot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back