Moved Thread Ryan Schoenmakers - is now a premiership winning forward and has a 2 year contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward, if I dare, I'd just like to see him play in a winning premiership team and play well. Don't care how many packs he busts open really, a few humble goals will do. Be a great story, every bit as good as Spangs.

Clarko looks like he's trying him in Buddy's old roll. High foreard sweeper and hard to pickup. If he can play it well we may just threepeat.

Finals are nigh. Time to put away the boots boys and put the eyes on the silver.

I'm certainly whipping Schoenmakers home from here. We need him to play well.

If Shoey's goal kicking accuracy is truely as good as his 7 set shots this year lead us to believe then he is the best kick for goal in our team and we should try to free him up to get more shots at goal. I hope we trial him as more of a focal point this week to see how successful he can be at it.

If Shoey's goal kicking accuracy is truely as good as his 7 set shots this year lead us to believe then he is the best kick for goal in our team and we should try to free him up to get more shots at goal. I hope we trial him as more of a focal point this week to see how successful he can be at it.

Has always been a very good kick. His ability to compete across half forward certainly helps with the flexibility to put Rough into the guts.

Mentioned it many times before one of the most technical correct and best kicks i have seen at this club on both sides.

Mentioned it many times before one of the most technical correct and best kicks i have seen at this club on both sides.

I had hoped he might end up being a replacement for Croad running out of the back half only a better and more accurate long kick. More than happy if this translates to the forward line. :thumbsu:

He's actually a very skilled footballer which he was never able to show down back. Since moving up forward his been able to demonstrate that he certainly has what it takes to be a solid contributor to our side.
His only issue is that is about evasive as a snail in glue, not sure that can be fixed either.

Would be interested to see how many balls inside 50 he's having directed to him. I haven't seen him muck up to many of late. When they honour the leads, he's generally clunking the mark and goaling, or bringing the ball to the ground for the crumbers.

Would be interested to see how many balls inside 50 he's having directed to him. I haven't seen him muck up to many of late. When they honour the leads, he's generally clunking the mark and goaling, or bringing the ball to the ground for the crumbers.
Most kicks to him inside 50 are long bombs. When on the lead he has the speed to hold off defenders so long as he can get an initial break.

Schoe is playing competently at the moment and is doing enough to warrant a spot. My only reservation is how will he fair come finals time when the heat is on? Will he be a passenger?

Schoe is playing competently at the moment and is doing enough to warrant a spot. My only reservation is how will he fair come finals time when the heat is on? Will he be a passenger?
Confidence player. If they keep rewarding his good performances in this role his confidence will snowball and he should stand up as well as any other. Dropping him frequently and then playing him in finals may make him feel like he's only in due to the injury or poorer form of someone else. Or he might just take the finals chance with two hands and play a blinder of a month.

One of his kicks went out on the full. But other than that he is doing very well. His goal on the weekend was from a pretty tough angle. And it went right through the absolute middle.

One of his kicks went out on the full. But other than that he is doing very well. His goal on the weekend was from a pretty tough angle. And it went right through the absolute middle.
That kick for goal on the weekend was great just went back and nailed it, amazing to see what a bit of confidence does for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember seeing him ever smile on the footy field. When he kicked that goal I was really happy for him. He broke into a smile and what pleased me more was the boys got around him.

Just an aside, there seems to be a really good vibe about the boys ATM. After every goal they got around each other and motivated each other to keep going. That was the most important thing I took out of Saturday's game. It's like they know now is the time to ramp it up.

Fantastic and highly underrated, due to his decision making under pressure at times, kick of the footy. He kicks through the footy and he kicks it fast through the air. Ideal attributes for field kicking and goal kicking alike.

I can't remember seeing him ever smile on the footy field. When he kicked that goal I was really happy for him. He broke into a smile and what pleased me more was the boys got around him.

Just an aside, there seems to be a really good vibe about the boys ATM. After every goal they got around each other and motivated each other to keep going. That was the most important thing I took out of Saturday's game. It's like they know now is the time to ramp it up.

Body language tells us so much, and will going into September, and right up to that last game in October.

2012 Grand Final. Was almost our best player.
Sewelly and Bud were very good. He was excellent though, and playing in a position that he has never seemed comfortable in, so I have no doubt he would stand up

I quickly compare Schoey to Sam Reid of $wans during that Saturday night game. About same age, height, weight. Whilst Reid was unsighted most night, Schoey competed and did some important things.
I think Schoey at the moment is the best kick for goal in the Hawks forward line. If he gets himself to the best position, they should always be looking for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back