Moved Thread Ryan Schoenmakers - is now a premiership winning forward and has a 2 year contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

I quickly compare Schoey to Sam Reid of $wans during that Saturday night game. About same age, height, weight. Whilst Reid was unsighted most night, Schoey competed and did some important things.
I think Schoey at the moment is the best kick for goal in the Hawks forward line. If he gets himself to the best position, they should always be looking for him.
Sam Reid has plenty of hype and I am not sure why. Shoey had some desperation last weekend and thats what has seemed to lack from his game at times. That and composure, neither of which Reid has. TBH Shoey's reputation was on the line a little in 2011 and then he went and dropped that mark in the prelim, if he took that and bombed the ball out and we held on, may have been a very different story for the cobbler. but.... If Robert was my fathers sister she'd be called Roberta.

I hate when players get called out for single acts in losses.
There was a lot plays from various players that could get called out from that last quarter as costing us that game...

We've said reverse Brian Lake before haven't we - defence to Forwardline. Interested to see what attributes he brings from his experience as a defender to his role. Brian clunks them in the forward 50 like he's going to kick one on the siren

Very good :thumbsu:

Now maybe all this talk of him being 'shopped around' will cease.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, now more than ever Adelaide and Port will come hard for Shoey - especially Port who are crying out for a tall forward to help out Schultz. As it stands he is worth a second round pick which in this draft is worth stuff all. Love the Shoe and hope he goes on to have a great career with us. Reality is though that if he looses his spot again come finals time he may not be able to say no to port or the crows, time will tell.....

Shoey seems to be a very, very good shot at goal.

He just needs to start busting packs and bringing the ball to ground more often.

Once he starts doing that, he gets a better defender and that makes life easier for Breust, Gunners, Junior Boy, etc....

I've said it before and i'll say it again, now more than ever Adelaide and Port will come hard for Shoey - especially Port who are crying out for a tall forward to help out Schultz. As it stands he is worth a second round pick which in this draft is worth stuff all. Love the Shoe and hope he goes on to have a great career with us. Reality is though that if he looses his spot again come finals time he may not be able to say no to port or the crows, time will tell.....

There have been and there will be other teams interested in him. What bugs me is the talk that we tried to get rid of him at the end of last season and nobody wanted him. Quite the contrary.

Watching the swans replay last night, I saw a couple of his spoils. It seemed to me like he was getting some of his mobility back. He'd close quick to affect the spoil and then land lightly on his feet after doing almost a 360 in the air.

Plus, this dude can kick very well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has got to be close to our most improved this year. Maybe Pup or Pop slightly ahead.

This is definitely his year to prove himself. And with Spangher out there is no risk of him being dropped when Frawley returns.

Next 2 weeks against serious opponents and he is playing for a spot in the finals.

I was so sure his kick was drifting off line last night then it swung the other way. Poppy's was an even more serious curve from a similar spot.

Swingman Schoenmakers shows versatility
Nick Duxson July 27, 2015 10:00 AM
390456_nl.jpg

Ryan Schoenmakers kicked two goals for the Hawks on Friday night.

HAWTHORN swingman Ryan Schoenmakers continued his impressive run of form against Carlton on Friday night.

Schoenmakers’ versatility was again on show, as he started up forward, before also spending time in defence in the second half after Matt Spangher was subbed out of the game with a hamstring injury.

The 24-year-old tall had two goals to his name at the major break, and finished with 12 disposals, three marks and three tackles in another strong performance.

Schoenmakers said he was now confident in his ability to change roles seamlessly throughout games.

“I’ve had a lot of exposure at both ends now over the last couple of years, so it’s relatively easy (to switch mid-game),” he said.

“The mindset is I’m prepared for that, I know I’ve got to expect that some things happen in a game and I might need to change position.”

The 195-centimetre key position player has now played four consecutive AFL games – and 10 AFL games this season – and told AFL.com.au late last week that he was determined to help the club taste success over the coming years.

“I love the club and this is where I want to be,” Schoenmakers said.

“I missed out on the last couple (of premierships) so I really want to redeem myself and join my mates in some of that glory.

“There's obviously going to be people in a team like this that miss out and opportunities don't go their way, so there's always going to be that hunger and that extra drive for a few people and then obviously the team as a whole.

"It's definitely a big part (for me)."

The Hawks have now enjoyed eight wins in a row – including strong victories against Fremantle, Sydney Swans and Carlton in the past three weeks – heading into a big fortnight of football against top-four contenders Richmond and West Coast Eagles.

Schoenmakers said there was a real hunger within the group to keep performing.

“When you come with a plan and execute that plan it works out pretty well,” he said.

“We’ve had some tough opponents and the boys have been switched on and mentally we’ve just been ready to play each week.”

Every week just builds a little more. He's given our attack another dimension and has been very effective so far with hopefully more improvement to come.

But gee he needs a haircut...

Every week just builds a little more. He's given our attack another dimension and has been very effective so far with hopefully more improvement to come.

He's already had one this year don't go overboard!

His hair looks great!!!! :D He got rid of the man bun, what more do you want! :p

Ryan is just...oh, so cute....Such a spunk in his Hawks git-up....We Can't possibly drop him now!....Think of the female fans for once.:p

I'm sure there are some male fans out there who think he is cute also, but maybe most people don't want him dropped because they like the way the hawks are playing with him in the team, or have you forgotten what our forward line looked like earlier in the year?

I'm sure there are some male fans out there who think he is cute also, but maybe most people don't want him dropped because they like the way the hawks are playing with him in the team, or have you forgotten what our forward line looked like earlier in the year?

He's A Godsend....And, like, Totally un-drop-able;)....Don't know how we functioned, nor where we'd be without our Adonis.o_O

He's A Godsend....And, like, Totally un-drop-able;)....Don't know how we functioned, nor where we'd be without our Adonis.o_O
Good to see you coming around P35

Remove this Banner Ad

Back