Ryder/Hille vs Ryder/Bellchambers

• Ryder/Hille

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryder/Bellchambers

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally i've turned a corner.

Belly must play in the firsts now i think. But to have Hille as a back up option is a great prospect. You never know he might re take is spot over belly if he drops his form....

Ryder/Bellchambers by a fair margin.

Bellchambers doesn't get the credit he deserve. He is easily our best TAP ruckman. That's what we need. A tap ruckman that can give first use to Jobe, Stanton, Howlett, Hocking etc.

Would be well ahead of Hille IMO

Was it just me, or did Ryder spend more time in the ruck in the last quarter? Would we have done better if he rucked more of the game?

Hille is better up forward but Belly better in the centre square, take your pick really.

What i will say though, Bellchambers has pretty good damn dukes. Really comes into play in kick-outs for us and the opposition being able to come over and take the mark.

Hille on the other hand can be a little poor in that area and concede marks a little too easily, however Hille's spread for a big man and run out to the wings being used as a link man is way better than Belly's.

Both have their strenghts and weaknesses and only one can play in the side, goes to whoever's in the best form really i wouldnt say that one is guaranteed a spot over the other, although youd expect Hille to be given more chances given his experience and leadership around the club

Todays game sums it up, Ryder needs 65-70% of the ruck time. The north game was a perfect example of this.
I have no question the coaches thought we just had to play him more up forward with Hurley out and Carlisle with no real presence. Paddy is a much better forward than what Bellchambers couldve been so i doubt we had much of a choice in the end

Was it just me, or did Ryder spend more time in the ruck in the last quarter? Would we have done better if he rucked more of the game?

This is why I will still go with Ryder/Hille.

Ryder seems to do most of the ruck work when Hille is in the side. When we don't have Hurley and are relying on Carlisle as a key forward we are forced to play Bellchambers in the ruck more than we should.

I'd like to see it play out with Hurley back in the side. Bellchambers playing forward should not be as much of a problem.

Belly has the better hands in a contest. Hille is very good at the bash and crash/ball carrying role.

I would consider all 3 in one team if, and only if, Hille was used at FF.

Not sure it would work cos i can see us starting to use Ryder at CHF and Belly as the starting ruck, then letting Ryder take over gradually.

Only really works if Hurley is missing.

Disappointing effort by the TRB - Ryder has shown numerous times that he isn't a key forward - Notwithstanding he was awful today as a forward. Have noticed that Ryder leads more when he rests in the forward line but forgets to lead to lead when he is a permanent forward.

Rucks have to be a 50/50 split b/w Ryder and TBell - or we get Carlisle to be a part time chop out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well known that Brisbane has a weak Ruck division.. any stock in just taking Ryder into the game as a Ruck with Hooker/Fletcher/Carlisle to give him a chop out as required???

I just think Paddy's best work has been done when he is 'the man' and might be a good time to have more runners..

Roughead has been doing ok for a stand in Ruck at Hawthorn so it can be a learnt position for a part timer..

Well known that Brisbane has a weak Ruck division.. any stock in just taking Ryder into the game as a Ruck with Hooker/Fletcher/Carlisle to give him a chop out as required???

I just think Paddy's best work has been done when he is 'the man' and might be a good time to have more runners..

Roughead has been doing ok for a stand in Ruck at Hawthorn so it can be a learnt position for a part timer..

It's certainly not the worst idea with Leuy out for a bit. Ryder def at his best as the #1 guy.

t-bell got his hand to the ball alot at centre bounces.. they actually seemed to be roving off him. The comments that Hird made about him needeing a prod and heavy coaching seemed right... he seems a bit lax when he kicks the ball in general play... heart in mouth stuff! He is taking more contested marks and developing nicely though.. i'd like to see him play the year out rather than stewing at Bendigo.

Yes and this has happened a number of times (dreamtime game last year? Had 4 or 5 minutes in the ruck at the end, for 3 or 4 clearances - all too late). Ryder on ball is the 'go to' option, because he is our best option.

Really, really, really missed Hille today.
Some will read '28 hitouts' and give Bellchambers a tick. I thought he was well beaten, I didn't think we helped him out or supported him, and Collingwood were reading & predicting just about everything (taps, disposals, positioning) he did. Could've done with Hille up forward.

i thought at the actual centre bounces when he had a run it at t-bell got more of the hit outs.. but as you say they were sharking alot of them. At the around the ground stoppages Jolly was out pointing him with bodywork.

i guess we have to remember jolly is a seasoned player, t-bell learning the caper

Would it be better to play horses for courses this year? Play hille and ryder agaisnt the biger bodied rucks and T-Bell against the younger and smaller ones?

i dont want to play 3 rucks but i also want to continue t-bells enducation and id rather it not be at bendigo all year.

for me it depends on how Bellchambers can cope with running out games, if he tires during the year then Hille is a perfect replacement, so probably a rotation of the 2 for this year, and maybe next if Hille wants to continue playing..

Personally I would be rotating Hille (said the same, last year).
Belly plays 6-10 - against the sides with the weaker/younger backlines, Ryder is good enough to play FF/CHF.
Hilley plays 12-16. He was running through mud by the end of last year.

Back