Rumour Ryder to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryder going to Port makes sense, premiership contender that he would slot into perfectly.

Port will have a pick somewhere around 16 which is fair for Ryder. Lions and GWS won't use their 1st pick and their 2nd rd picks are in the early 20s which isn't enough.

Ryder going to Port makes sense, premiership contender that he would slot into perfectly.

Port will have a pick somewhere around 16 which is fair for Ryder. Lions and GWS won't use their 1st pick and their 2nd rd picks are in the early 20s which isn't enough.

Not on it's own it isn't.

This will be interesting. Essendon have gained a reputation for being extremely difficult at the trade table in the past few years.

That said, all those people may be axed before trade week.

If they're still there, Hird will probably want a top 10 pick - ridiculous I know.

dear port people it will all come down to how many $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ are offered to him not who he played with or the aboriginal culture or getting away from a footy state it will be about money

dear port people it will all come down to how many $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ are offered to him not who he played with or the aboriginal culture or getting away from a footy state it will be about money

I actually think it will just come down to where his Wife wants to live.

The money will be similar but it will come down to where their family wants to move to.... Brisbane, Sydney or Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You got pick 14 for Cam Wood, CAM WOOD.

Ruckman, especially ones that can play KPF or KPB are worth plenty.

Especially ones coming of career best seasons, still in their prime.

Cam Wood didn't have these extenuating circumstances hovering over his head.

You're right it isn't fair. Considering Ryder is about to cop a 2 year ban anything more than a 3rd rounder is overs.
A 2 year ban?

Maybe you should have a look at the Cronulla case...

Probably right. And I am sure that you will offer more. As I am sure that my club will talk about a winning team culture that Ken is building. If it is about money Brisbane are welcome to him.

They took the hint, you didn't. No leniency for you.
Cronulla also didn't have a program that run over the course of more than 6 months.

But anyway, this isn't the place for debating that.

Mmm, I beg to differ. I come from the same region as as Patty and I can just about guarantee that it will be about family and not money. You dismiss culture far too easily.

You're right it isn't fair. Considering Ryder is about to cop a 2 year ban anything more than a 3rd rounder is overs.
So why would your club, and plenty of others, want him if he's sitting out for 2 years :rolleyes:

So why would your club, and plenty of others, want him if he's sitting out for 2 years :rolleyes:
Because he is a good player - but the incoming 2 year ban is going to offset what he would get in a normal market and hence brings his value down.

Am I using language that is too hard for you?

Because he is a good player - but the incoming 2 year ban is going to offset what he would get in a normal market and hence brings his value down.

Am I using language that is too hard for you?

It's always hard to understand how some posters are so clueless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back