Official Match Thread S19 R3: Coney Island Warriors vs Gold City Royals at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Round 3 of the SFA
38222_5badd2c068e56c59e49e06fcce9334bf.png

After two exciting rounds, this game will be between:
k4ftb4.jpg

vs
kfnp.png

Here is the ladder:
Code:
Team                  P  W  L  D  Pen  For  Agnst    %    Pts  Streak  L5  Change  GB    Chase

Roys FFC              2  2  -  -    -    218  150  145.33    8    2W    WW    +2      Ldr    -
Fighting Furies       2  2  -  -    -    202  141  143.26    8    2W    WW    +2      -      -
Dragons FFC           2  2  -  -    -    208  158  131.65    8    2W    WW    +3      -      -
Geelong Wolves        2  2  -  -    -    191  156  122.44    8    2W    WW    +1      -      -
East Side Hawks       2  1  1  -    -    202  168  120.24    4    1L    WL    -3      -1      -
Baghdad Bandits       2  1  1  -    -    214  187  114.44    4    1W    LW    +3      -1      -
Coney Island Warriors 2  1  1  -    -    165  159  103.77    4    1L    WL    -6      -1      -
Gold City Royals      2  1  1  -    -    166  199   83.42    4    1W    LW    +2      -1    Ldr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mount Buller Demons   2  -  2  -    -    187  243   76.95    -    2L    LL    -2      -2    -1
Sin City Swamprats    2  -  2  -    -    128  180   71.11    -    2L    LL    -2      -2    -1
Las Vegas Bears       2  -  2  -    -    152  221   68.78    -    2L    LL    -      -2    -1
West Coast Wonders    2  -  2  -    -    149  220   67.73    -    2L    LL    -      -2    -1

Coney Island Warriors
After getting a big win in the opening round, the Warriors lost last week. Will the Warriors be able to turn it around and get their 2nd win?
Player To Watch: BigJoeD. Leading goal kicker in the league. He will be looking for a big bag this game.

Gold City Royals
Finally getting on the winners list last week, the Royals will look to continue this momentum well into the season.
Player To Watch: Easty. One of the most dominating ruckman this season. Watch out for some clever taps.

Odds:
Warriors: $2.00
Royals: $2.05

Good luck to both teams. Maybe the Qooty be strong, may the banter be witty and may the best team win.

Last edited:
Gold City Royals
Finally getting on the winners list last week, the Royals will look to continue this momentum well into the season.
Player To Watch: Easty. One of the most dominating ruckman this season. Watch out for some clever taps.

Glad someone is taking notice.

Before we begin*

How does one pronounce your stadium. If I need to catch a Cab or something I wanna end up in the right place. It sounds like the garden of a Vampire to be honest. Maybe Van Court-lanth?

*im not ruling out that this might be wear I begin and end - I'm out of from with writers block and I need all my strength to top my goal kicking effort from last week.

Before we begin*

How does one pronounce your stadium. If I need to catch a Cab or something I wanna end up in the right place. It sounds like the garden of a Vampire to be honest. Maybe Van Court-lanth?

*im not ruling out that this might be wear I begin and end - I'm out of from with writers block and I need all my strength to top my goal kicking effort from last week.

NYC locals have dubbed it Campaigner Stadium, although the reasoning escapes me

o-AECOM-570.jpg

Before we begin*

Va-rn Cow-t-lar-nt

That's how the locals pronounce it. Our locals are of the slack-jawed variety though.

For the everyday visitor is Van Court-land Park.

NYC locals have dubbed it Campaigner Stadium, although the reasoning escapes me

o-AECOM-570.jpg

Some interesting facts:
- The Stadium closes each month for one week for redecorating.
- Capacity is variable, depending on 'mood'.
- The Chess Lovers International Tavern is centrally located but largely ignored by male clientele.
- Elton John refuses to play there.
- The Hugh R. Sole Stadium is located nearby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do go on discussing me I quite enjoy it.

I left the Bears because I wanted to be on a team with more quality posters. Vegas was the first highly active team I had ever joined and I just felt that it wasn't right for me even if I really liked the fellas there.

Do go on discussing me I quite enjoy it.

I left the Bears because I wanted to be on a team with more quality posters. Vegas was the first highly active team I had ever joined and I just felt that it wasn't right for me even if I really liked the fellas there.
Translation: I'm a bit precious.

Ok Royals, many of you wouldn't be aware of the Canary Island Warios and their habitat, so I'll endeavor to guide you as best I can on the exact location of the ground.

images

Canary Island is located in the middle of the Bay amid a plethora of homophobic inhabitants and creatures who are sexually deprived and frustrated. The many species who roam the Island get their kicks out of degrading women with their faux pas macho image and reside in conditions of filth and squalor. It's believed that many of their players from last season have been duly incarcerated and replaced with replicas.

I advise you all to leave your wives and kids at home for their own safety.

They're fondly known as the canaries for their distinct yellow color, a color well renowned for cowardly acts both on and off the field. As you can see from the recent team photo, qooty is lost in their glow.

flock-yellow-canary-serinus-canaria-its-pe-6003501.jpg

The leader of the club goes by the alias of Wario. A distinct figure who wears the color with pride.

images

When asked about his expectations in match threads at the beginning of the season, he had this to say: 'Well, we certainly don't want to make people think, now do we? That would be horrible. Imagine if everyone started thinking. Before long, we may have some intelligent people around, and that would be horrible!'

He's be known to back down from a challenge and often displays his cowardly traits, the traits designed to reflect the clubs image and motto. Those traits have had a flow on effect on almost all of the rest of the side, so much so they a few team members uttered these recent comments when confronted with the challenge of taking on Royals heavyweight Son of God... hey guys that's me.

Probably the best way to annoy him this week is to completely disregard him. No one respond to anything he posts and just post as if he weren't there.
I mentioned a similar thing the other day.
Reckon it's a great idea
then it's settled. ignore soggy all week, watch him melt
I've never used my Ignore List and I won't start now but I certainly won't be engaging with him in the MT.
yep, yep and yep.

Now Royals there is one Canary that stands out from the crowd, he hasn't been painted with the same brush, and he goes by the name of El Dubya. He's literally the black duck of the group, build with sterner stuff and able to withstand pressure when confronted. It'm led to believe that he's not a part of the habitat nor is he one of the family. Watch out for him guys, he's their only Danger. You'll see him around, he's hard to miss, so handle with care.

words4it_blackduckling_0092_581.jpg

Based on the above Royals, we'll have no trouble getting our second win of the season on the board, and should finish the game with barely a scratch.

waffle - verb

- to talk or write a lot without giving any useful information or any clear answers

Perfect desert to describe them.
#waffleconewarriors

Indeed - I fear that by Sunday you may be melting all over us.

You seem to be the vanilla, do you have any other flavours?

Ok Royals, many of you wouldn't be aware of the Canary Island Warios and their habitat, so I'll endeavor to guide you as best I can on the exact location of the ground.

images

Canary Island is located in the middle of the Bay amid a plethora of homophobic inhabitants and creatures who are sexually deprived and frustrated. The many species who roam the Island get their kicks out of degrading women with their faux pas macho image and reside in conditions of filth and squalor. It's believed that many of their players from last season have been duly incarcerated and replaced with replicas.

They're fondly known as the canaries for their distinct yellow color, a color well renowned for cowardly acts both on and off the field. As you can see from the recent team photo, qooty is lost in their glow.

The leader of the club goes by the alias of Wario. A distinct figure who wears the color with pride.

images

When asked about his expectations in match threads at the beginning of the season, he had this to say: 'Well, we certainly don't want to make people think, now do we? That would be horrible. Imagine if everyone started thinking. Before long, we may have some intelligent people around, and that would be horrible!'

He's be known to back down from a challenge and often displays his cowardly traits, the traits designed to reflect the clubs image and motto. Those traits have had a flow on effect on almost all of the rest of the side, so much so they a few team members uttered these recent comments when confronted with the challenge of taking on Royals heavyweight Son of God... hey guys that's me.

Now Royals there is one Canary that stands out from the crowd, he hasn't been painted with the same brush, and he goes by the name of El Dubya. He's literally the black duck of the group, build with sterner stuff and able to withstand pressure when confronted. It'm led to believe that he's not a part of the habitat nor is he one of the family. Watch out for him guys, he's their only Danger. You'll see him around, he's hard to miss, so handle with care.

Based on the above Royals, we'll have no trouble getting our second win of the season on the board, and should finish the game with barely a scratch.

You are indeed obsessed with us :D

Before we begin*

I'll pick you up on the way Sam. Just wait outside with your kit at 10:43am.

You are indeed obsessed with us :D
It's in fact the other way around judging by all those quotes I just posted. It's great news for the rest of the side. While I'm receiving a hard tag from all 18 on field members of your side, they'll be left to roam free on their own accord. Based on this, the scoreboards about to get ugly for the canaries.

It's in fact the other way around judging by all those quotes I just posted. It's great news for the rest of the side. While I'm receiving a hard tag from all 18 on field members of your side, they'll be left to roam free on their own accord. Based on this, the scoreboards about to get ugly for the canaries.

:$

We have the bye this week. If people want to take the week off and save themselves for finals, I completely understand. I am running this ship Greg Popovich style.

I fully endorse this post.

If people prefer to refrain from the Warriors continual sexual and gay innuendo as well as their petulance to degrade women, feel free to have a week off...it's probably for the best, as if you contribute you'll hear nothing but this as well as every second post containing the word 'melt.' They don't have much else to offer.

Then you wasted hours on this:

images

images

and the best you came up with was Canary Island Warios.

Best posters in the league? Farken LOL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back