Official Match Thread S20 Round 10 - Dragons FFC vs. Las Vegas Bears at Dragon Island

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to worry about being tardy, I'm sure DJ had your back.

If not I would have named a team at about ten to midnight with the Quivster rocking the other back pocket.
I believe the best offence is a good defence :)
Actually since I'm not at work today I probably wouldn't have.

Akkaps was on our list last season.

For the record I think you're being a little harsh on our list. For the most part the Dragons have been a pretty active club for the past few seasons and have been one of the highest posting clubs for a fair period of time. I think you'll find after the club won the premiership last season that a few of our players were happy with the fact they achieved that and were happy to bow out on top having won the flag.

To add to that the constant accusations of cheating and tainted flags and what not have taken its toll on a few players who have since lost their desire to play in a competition where people constantly accuse the club of its flag being tainted and that the Dragons cheated their way to a win. All of that of course is completely untrue and is a view that is only held by a very small minority of people. However, the constant talk and finger pointing has affected some of our players and it has turned them away or has seen them reduce their interests in the league. That's something the league only has itself to blame for, the last thing we want is players turning their back on the competition through rumours and pathetic innuendo about something that never occurred.

As for the remainder, well some players do lose interest and we have a few who have increased commitments in other things outside of the game. Not every club will have 20 posting players who will post at least a few times every game. It's impossible and teams will generally be active in cycles, a few seasons of strong activity followed by a few seasons of perceived low activity. That's just the way things have gone and will continue to do so. As a previous captain, I never wanted 20 posting players every week, I usually would try to get between 14-17 and then delist older non-posting players for fresh posters as the season went on. We've obviously got a few of those so there is still plenty of room for the club to improve for the remainder of this season and also Season 21.

In fairness to the rest of the clubs, we're probably posting around average, perhaps even slightly above average this season. There are several other clubs who are posting a lot less than what Dragons FFC are who are in need of some help.
I love you Lj xo
I already am my English teachers wet dream, which probably isn't good because he looks exactly like Rolf Harris.
Post of the thread :D

Actually since I'm not at work today I probably wouldn't have.
No work for me today either but the bloody pre-school next door ruined any chance at a nice sleep in. I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids... :mad:

No work for me today either but the bloody pre-school next door ruined any chance at a nice sleep in. I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids... :mad:
You been sleeping next to the Stadium in the Sky?

Interesting....that's a brothel which you know all too well
Didn't your mum ever teach you to never knock a knock shop until you've knocked it..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pantskyle, how does it feel knowing that my teams beat your teams twice in a weekend?
No problem. The game that matters isn't until tomorrow. He must really love you.....he's saving himself

No problem. The game that matters isn't until tomorrow. He must really love you.....he's saving himself
You missed the joke.

Sick of all the attention going towards the Amateur Football League, the Sweet FA is the real deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back