Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah but we absolutely suck as a football team.

Chuck Norris could coach us and we'd still end up with another spoon.

You guys on the other hand have the opportunity to steal Mick Malthouse and get him to create a premiership culture.

Thanks for the advice Jack Watts - but shouldn't you concentrate on your game.

Seriously though, I never suggested getting Mick as coach - he is cooked. I said get him in as a coaching advisor or even development. I guess a bit like what the bulldogs ex McCartney is doing at your rabble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close thread

I haven't seen today's game as I was travelling but by no means is it closed. And by no means should the heat be off Dimma for a couple of wins.

He still makes strange decisions at the selection table, admittedly he has got it right the last two weeks which has seen a turn around in results. But what happens when Newman is fit?

This is a squad that is talented enough to be top 6 if not top 4 IMO. He needs to prove he can get the best out of team weekly over the course of a season, he needs to be more proactive in getting help in the football department and that includes making sure we get assistants that are not his mates.

I haven't seen today's game as I was travelling but by no means is it closed. And by no means should the heat be off Dimma for a couple of wins.

He still makes strange decisions at the selection table, admittedly he has got it right the last two weeks which has seen a turn around in results. But what happens when Newman is fit?

This is a squad that is talented enough to be top 6 if not top 4 IMO. He needs to prove he can get the best out of team weekly over the course of a season, he needs to be more proactive in getting help in the football department and that includes making sure we get assistants that are not his mates.

Easily his beat coaching performance in a few years today. Stifled Port's run.

Hardwicks plan A worked today and cudos to him. However when Port lifted in Q3 he stuck with plan A. We were lucky they didn't score more heavily.

A win today feels great and a great effort by the coaches. Still a long way to go so let's wait and see how we back up in a big game next week vs Essendon.

Yeah but we absolutely suck as a football team.

Chuck Norris could coach us and we'd still end up with another spoon.

You guys on the other hand have the opportunity to steal Mick Malthouse and get him to create a premiership culture.

11463542_m.jpg

Fantastic win. Finally, two consistent games. Make no mistake, i am happy for Hardwick to shove it up my kyber pass sideways. He coached well today. Here's hoping we back it up again and roll the injectors.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Fantastic win. Finally, two consistent games. Make no mistake, i am happy for Hardwick to shove it up my kyber pass sideways. He coached well today. Here's hoping we back it up again and roll the injectors.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.
Laughed so hard I made my foot ache, thanks you campaigner :D

I agree, how did we lose to Melbourne and beat port and collingwood
I can not work out if it is him or the team. I wanted him gone. Thanks dinma, I hope you continue to make me look like a fool. I still have no confidence in you but maybe you know a lot more than me about footy. Well done tiges. Very happy doubter.

Hardwicks plan A worked today and cudos to him. However when Port lifted in Q3 he stuck with plan A. We were lucky they didn't score more heavily.

A win today feels great and a great effort by the coaches. Still a long way to go so let's wait and see how we back up in a big game next week vs Essendon.

Actually disagree with this mate. Some are so quick to put the boots in and ignore what has actually been done ( Not directed at you mate). Hardwick has taken a grossly out of form squad and with in 7 quarters got them playing a disciplined game. Against Port, nobody gave us a chance. Port had everything to play for. Damien and his coaches who have copped a pillorying of us the "supporters" as well as the media and those outside the club, held firm and kept working, and it paid off today.

Damien was brave enough to keep two kids in the side in a must win game. He adjusted when we had to use our sub in the first quarter and the coaches managed our squads work load magnificently to the point we over ran them in the last. It was an extremely disciplined and mature display today and full credit, should go to Damien and his group.

In saying that, he still needs to show more, consistently. If we keep to this form, for the majority of the year, then he has earned the right to coach his last year of his contract IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back