Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's off topic but I honestly think we can beat Freo, we match up extremely well against them
Obviously depends on what we bring on the day
Haven't been up against them this year. Agree I'm more up than not against Freo even at their own ground. This year might be different. We'll have to be at our best.

Win the next two (essendon&freo) and /thread.
Agree.... I am not a Hardwick fan in terms of his coaching. But if he could bring a win against Essendon which should not be a large task but it is a big stage, followed by a win against Fremantle which will be difficult but no where near as hard as the media would want us to believe.....

Then the pressure should be lifted.

wow dude are you actually being positive and saying something nice about Dimma, CALL A ******* AMBULANCE SOMEBODY QUICK!
The problem is deeper than DH
That's why there are two other names attached on this thread.
We need to start spending on our FD. No more short cuts as you can have the best teacher in the world , but he's useless without the tools and support
He had his day out in the sun and for our club I hope he has 18 more

Agree Tigerimposter. We finally appear to have some money to play with and some stability across the Club. I want to see our VFL side to be an extension of our firsts, meaning that both play to the same game style to allow the most seamlessly possible movement between the two sides. Our Club's player recruitment should be based on that criterion. Also, the Club culture should see movement to the seconds not as a punishment but as an indication that compelling performances at VFL level will be rewarded with chances to perform at AFL level. We also need to spend money on people who can teach or enhance our players' technical skills and not just former players who may have been good themselves but don't necessarily know how to impart that knowledge to others. It's about spending smart, not big. If we recruit well, develop our players and maintain an inclusive "no dickheads" culture, there will be no need to spend outrageous amounts of money on "one off" elite players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is deeper than DH
That's why there are two other names attached on this thread.
We need to start spending on our FD. No more short cuts as you can have the best teacher in the world , but he's useless without the tools and support
He had his day out in the sun and for our club I hope he has 18 more

Good post and totally agree.

We need to boost our spend in the footy department for quality. Damien has his faults but one thing that cant be disputed is the players 100% play for him. last night was the first time i saw a considered game plan constructed and delivered by a disciplined playing group. in the third, when Port threw everything at our group, they held firm, absorbed it and then smashed them in the 4th quarter.

I am just hoping that is a sign that our second tier group are finally starting to lift.

One week at at time Doc. Forget the four week block bull. Every game needs to be planned for individually
I think I will trust professionals who have been in the game for a long time ty.

You can argue cases for both Geelong and North, certainly more than Collingwood and Port Adelaide right now
Geelong were Poo when the Tigers played them and Richmond should have been able to run them off their feet (as they nearly did in the second half). North are better placed than Richmond, but they have turned to mud against three top sides this year. Hard to gauge them ATM.

It's off topic but I honestly think we can beat Freo, we match up extremely well against them

Obviously depends on what we bring on the day

Don't be surprised when it happens.

What on earth are you people smoking?

Fair enough upsets happen and stranger things have occurred, but if you've seen a single thing in our 8 matches to suggest we'd beat Freo and a single thing in their 8 matches to suggest they'd lose to us, then I don't know what you're watching.

I'll be happy to eat humble pie if this somehow happened, because I would be ecstatic, but in the 99% likely scenario they will hold us at arms length, play 3 good quarters in 2nd gear and then kill the game in the last for a 40-50 point win. The difference in class cannot be understated.

Gee that corny, Port Bogelaide contrived bs with that lame softo INXS song is rubbish. Naff. Cringe worthy.
Its a soccer culture not ours.Won't last.Be interesting how they get Tarps to sing it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back