Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wart101

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2006
Under the fridge
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland FC
Yeah but this time he did it when we were 7 goals up which means he's learning

you should apply for an assistant position at RFC, when we sack DH at the end of the year you could go for senior coach and have tiger imposter as an assistant, i'm pretty sure some s**t talking will have to get done at some stage which he'll have covered for you.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Where have I said we'll win a flag next year? I have said that I expect our team to be a much more competitive team next year, but lets not let facts get in the way of your fun and games.
Agree Saturday night would have please dimma greatly I would imagine . We controlled the damage when the opposition surged ( which we haven't done in the past ) and then dominated particularly through the corridor when we had the game on our terms and it opened up. Was very much what you see good sides who challenge during finals do . Now it is to do it against better opposition .

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
you should apply for an assistant position at RFC, when we sack DH at the end of the year you could go for senior coach and have tiger imposter as an assistant, i'm pretty sure some s**t talking will have to get done at some stage which he'll have will have covered for you.
That would be great ,but I will only do it if
EAD takes over Benny's job and you replace Penny as President bc Rusty and I are both hands on guys and like to do the hard work whereas you guys are better with the verbal jargon which would pump up our memberships further
I reckon we would be a great team
Imagine how many inspiring rfc docos we could make after all the flags we win. And they would all be true
Lol. ;)

you should apply for an assistant position at RFC, when we sack DH at the end of the year you could go for senior coach and have tiger imposter as an assistant, i'm pretty sure some s**t talking will have to get done at some stage which he'll have will have covered for you.
Probably worth putting people back on ignore, trust me when I say it's not worth it :)

wart101

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2006
Under the fridge
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland FC
EAD takes over Benny's job and you replace Penny as President bc Rusty and I are both hands on guys and like to do the hard work whereas you guys are better with the verbal jargon which would pump up our memberships further
Imagine how many inspiring rfc docos we could make after all the flags we win. And they would all be true
Lol. ;)

and then you switch hands. ;):):confused::p:D:eek::oops:o_O:rolleyes::drunk:

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
World Donkey Punch Championships
So your saying you want Hardwick sacked at the end of the year now ? I'll happily take over . Thanks Warto

Tigerbob

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm, Bushies

Lol.

For all the dimma haters he will be appearing on 'Talking Footy' tonight.. tweet in some of your hate

10cri2h.jpg

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Lol. ;)

I hate you TigerImposter I thought we were close man! How come I dont have a job ??? FFS I bleed for you and you give me nothing! :p

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
I hate you TigerImposter I thought we were close man! How come I dont have a job ??? FFS I bleed for you and you give me nothing! :p
oh shucks mate,you can take Blair's job and
get us Dangerfield,Shiel,Menzel and Goldstein.
I didn't intentionally leave you out,i just assumed you would walk into the job;)

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't think anyone hates Hardwick. Just think Richmond would be better under a different coach.
One thing with this comment, who is the better coach for Richmond, last thing we want to do is start all over again with a new coach that may or may not be better, so who is the available ready made coach to take us the next step, without that information this whole thread is fairly pointless.

One thing I saw on the Talking Footy show last night which was interesting is they had a hypothetical ladder showing the last 17 games of AFL it was to highlight that Port sit 11th on this ladder, but the interesting thing for me was Richmond sit 4th, Port and Hinkley who has only beaten Richmond under Dimma once(yes it unfortunately was a final)are considered Premiership material while many barely consider Richmond top 8, yet the last 17 games doesnt prove that at all.

Obviously a win in a final is required this year, but I still think it is way to early to write Dimma off and if there is no better coach available then what would be the point of letting Dimma go?

Colonel

Senior List
Oct 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
One thing with this comment, who is the better coach for Richmond, last thing we want to do is start all over again with a new coach that may or may not be better, so who is the available ready made coach to take us the next step, without that information this whole thread is fairly pointless.

One thing I saw on the Talking Footy show last night which was interesting is they had a hypothetical ladder showing the last 17 games of AFL it was to highlight that Port sit 11th on this ladder, but the interesting thing for me was Richmond sit 4th, Port and Hinkley who has only beaten Richmond under Dimma once(yes it unfortunately was a final)are considered Premiership material while many barely consider Richmond top 8, yet the last 17 games doesnt prove that at all.

Obviously a win in a final is required this year, but I still think it is way to early to write Dimma off and if there is no better coach available then what would be the point of letting Dimma go?

We play a lot of poor teams in that 9 wins last year. We got annihilated by Port in the final and still continue to lose to teams that a good team does not lose too. Will be interesting how we go this week as Dimma struggles against defensive coaches. The next 6 weeks will give us a clearer indication. I am not overly optimistic that our game plan and ability to adapt will be any different to what we were doing last year

partycorolla

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Black Rock
AFL Club
Richmond
We play a lot of poor teams in that 9 wins last year. We got annihilated by Port in the final and still continue to lose to teams that a good team does not lose too. Will be interesting how we go this week as Dimma struggles against defensive coaches. The next 6 weeks will give us a clearer indication. I am not overly optimistic that our game plan and ability to adapt will be any different to what we were doing last year

We played Port (3rd at the time), WCE (11th, we were 12th), Sydney (1st, we were 8th), Adel (7th, we were 12th) and Essendon (7th, we were 12th) in that 9.... all of who were ranked higher than us at the time.... The same games we won that if ladder positions were reversed, people would complain that we drop these games.

The Saints twice and GWS helped, while we played Brisbane the week after they rolled North.... Interestingly games that people worry about us losing....

Agree though we have a lot to do but I'm not fussed about the next 6, I'm fussed about the next 19... and beyond. We are not a top 4 team IMO and therefore we will drop games that teams who are not 4 are capable of dropping just like teams did against us last year.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
6 weeks wont tell us anything, even if we win all of those games, until we at least win a final we have not improved, simple as that really and this year the there is no room for excuses, I think the players and Dimma realise that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back